• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Champion Valkyrie

Cool disc, depending on how you throw, some will call it flippy.
I used to have the Champ Valk. Now have the Pro Valk. It's cool. But I'd give it up for a Star Sidewinder.

Cool disc, depending on how you throw, some will call it flippy.
I used to have the Champ Valk. Now have the Pro Valk. It's cool. But I'd give it up for a Star Sidewinder.

Completely agree. I used to throw a star valk, but gave it up for a star sidewinder. The sidewinder is a little more understable but I find it much easier to throw and I'm much more consistent with it. It wasn't that I had anything wrong with the valk, I just choose to throw the sidewinder instead.

Valk is great if you know how to use it.....
Great hyzer flip disc in tight wooded areas or narrow fairways.

I had one a while back but lacked the snap to throw it, so it would hyzer off all the time. Then I lost it. Bought a 150 DX that I like really well, but its starting to turn too much even w/ a hyzer flip, so I'm going to have to get mid 160's one probably.

I had one a while back but lacked the snap to throw it, so it would hyzer off all the time. Then I lost it. Bought a 150 DX that I like really well, but its starting to turn too much even w/ a hyzer flip, so I'm going to have to get mid 160's one probably.

the lightest driver i have is 169, i believe...im getting curious, i might have to try something lighter.

i guess if you have been playn less than a year the valk is great, after that you should move up to a wraith,surge,beast,starfire and learn to throw that.

I use all of those but still like the valk on tighter wooded holes. Requires less overall body movement to get the distance and accuracy needed. I do agree though that for longer holes it has a lot less use for me.

I use to have really bad nose angle probs with mine, then my distance got a lot better and it turned into a hyzer flip disc for me.

I have a 150 champion valk. Not to cliche the typical product description but I use it only for open downwind shots as it gets "extreme range". With a hyzer flip it keeps gliding and gliding. Downwind with this disc was the first time i broke 400'.

Other than that, I'm not very successful with it.

Champ Valk has done well for me. I recently lost mine in the water and probably will repalce it someday, fo rthe purposes of a hyzer flip disc. I still with Champ Vikings now though, essentially the same disc.

junk junk junk, valks are garbage IMO

Can a distance record holder really be junk?

The distance records always come from discs that are considered understable by max speed standards.

Look out for the Spectra or the Avenger SS.

I also like Valks for thumbers. Sounds weird, but they flip and fall really fast. Its a good 'mid' thumber. I don't throw a lot of thumbers or tomahawks, but I have a star 149 valk thats great on tight air shots. I really don't throw a lot of understable drivers, but I also have at least one valk in the bag, either the star 149 or the champ 175. These are good discs for most players, just not a disc you need for every hole.

The record was achieved with a dx valk i believe. I have a 170 star valk, great disc for big turnovers, or flips. i can usualy get 400 out of it. Any more snap and it will turn over on me.