• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Colossus Review

Back to the review, can we get the actual distances thrown? How about the profile pic?

Yeah seriously, I was expecting discussion of the colossus and instead it's 4 pages of whining about Gstar

Interesting. I'd be interested to see this disc in Champion or regular Star plastic. G Star is the worst gliding plastic Innova makes.

To go 45' further than a Boss is insane though. Sounds like a crusher.

The plastic has nothing to do with glide. My guess is that you got some flatter discs.

Overall I like a softer Star for drivers, GStar is a bit too soft.

^master of physics. Only discs with dome have glide DUH!

::wonders why puddle top putters have more glide::

At first, I thought that the problem WAS me vis-a-vis that disc. Then I got the Champ Thunderbird and saw that it had to be something else. I still believe that in the summer Georgia heat, the GStar was just not quite the same day by day; it really does soften up in heat more than any other disc plastic I know of.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. I don't buy GStar discs any more, so it's no longer an issue for me...

I can throw GStar just fine, in any temperature too.

So instead of discussing the colossus we're discussing first GStar plastic and now the physics of disc flight. This thread is so typical of dgcr I can't help but laugh at it. :)

So instead of discussing the colossus we're discussing first GStar plastic and now the physics of disc flight. This thread is so typical of dgcr I can't help but laugh at it. :)

Hopefully that will change once more people actually start throwing the disc instead of speculating how it's going to fly.

I hate gstar plastic and I still bought a colossus. I'm curious. It's innova's take on the speed 14. I have to see/throw it for myself. If it sucks, look for it in the marketplace. Can't wait till it arrives in the mail!

1. Gstar is not for everyone, but some people love it
2. Flight is scary. Man is not meant to understand it and should never attempt it or risk the wrath of the almighty
3. I am still curious about the Colossus and hope the OP can post some comparison pictures and personal distances with other discs

Nice review, can you disclose the total distances on the throws for power level comparison?

Second for the profile pic.
Unfortunately I was not tracking distances during my tests but I would say 400+ feet. I can try to snap a profile pic for you guys today.

picture

Here are those profile pics. The Colossus is on the right and the Boss on the left in all 3 photos. You can see that the Colossus has a slightly taller shoulder, or less sharp of a rim than the Boss. Additionally, the Colossus also has a more pronounced curve on the under side of the rim.

Attachments

• 20151222_082553.jpg
    20151222_082553.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 127
  • 20151222_082356.jpg
    20151222_082356.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 113
  • 20151222_082116.jpg
    20151222_082116.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 103
With the rounded edge and purely concave bottom wing its basically a wider rimmed daedalus with a slightly higher plh. Or katana with a shallower rim...whatever.
I'll get it once I can handpick one at Marshall Street

Here are those profile pics. The Colossus is on the right and the Boss on the left in all 3 photos. You can see that the Colossus has a slightly taller shoulder, or less sharp of a rim than the Boss. Additionally, the Colossus also has a more pronounced curve on the under side of the rim.

Thanks for the pics! Looks like it definitely has a lower wing height than a Boss, which makes sense given the flight numbers (more understable). I wonder how it compares to a Katana, especially a champ Katana which has very similar flight numbers and specs. Anyway, this definitely convinces me: I really don't need anything with a 2.5 cm rim that's less stable than a Boss. I threw these types of discs a long time ago and they're just too inconsistent and touchy for me. You might get huge distance 2 times out of 5, but the other times you go OB or burn and cut-roll or whatever. Not worth it (at least to me).