• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Daedalus

Saw one of these today, looked somewhat similar to the tern but sits a bit flatter if you were to lay it on a table if that makes sense. After seeing the rating and combining that with my experience with the tern, I was expecting very little. That being said this disc flew fast and ridiculously far for some of my 'noodle arm' friends-- i'm talking dead straight with even less turn than a tern for them. My friend gets this to fly wayyyy straighter than his tern for about 325-350 ft

I didn't have a chance to throw it myself, been working with all of my legacy rivals/cannons that I want to master. Just passing it along, this might be a really good disc for lighter arms that want to try a higher speed driver

I got a gstar deadalus in my pack at ncdgc, and I finally got to throw it today. mine is 167 and flat top and has a much higher plh than my buddies domy 175. but I threw it today, it is extremely flippy.. I would describe it as a faster mamba. hyzer flips to flat and turns over with 400 foot of power. it can be powered down for a huge hyzer flip to straight shot but will be very touchy for finesse shots. I also threw it lefty some, throwing it on a hyzer it would flip up and go straight with a little fade at the end at 300 feet of power. but if I threw it flat it would turn the whole flight but not burn at 300 feet. I got a few throws lefty up high (for my left..) and pushed it up to 330 released flat it would do a fairly tight s curve

My buddy got one from Infinite Discs, and he really likes his. It's his first G Star discs, and he was very impressed by the plastic. I don't know exactly how far he throws, but I would say he throws his Valk (main driver) around 300-330 feet. He said he was reaching that pretty easily with the Daedalus and he saw a subtle turn and subtle fade.

I might be interested in throwing the new "more stabalized" version that just came out on the Factory Store, but I don't think I'd buy one.

I have thrown this disc maybe 10 times. Instant roller. It is more understable than the mamba. It is a nice turn over disc that will fade if high enough. I took it out of my bag because i did not want to have it fight my mamba.

I field threw one. If you have 300ft of power its a perfect hyzerflip disc. May even turn a little for you. But it was useless to me, instant roller even from a steep hyzer...

Not all discs are designed to be thrown full power by all arms. Some discs are designed to be max distance drivers for weaker arms and finesse or tailwind drivers for big arms. If you have a big arm, try throwing it about 75% power and watch it soar nicely.

Try throwing your normal driver with a 20-25mph tailwind and watch everything fly ridiculously overstable. This is another instance where discs like this can be extremely useful. I have had to do what I mentioned with my unLace. Just like those that are saying the Daedalus is useless, I was about to give up on the unLace until I powered down and found some healthy tailwinds.

I just bought a G* Daedalus today. I didn't throw it on a course, but I did throw it in a field. It had A LOT of turn to it but when I threw it hyzer, it came out clean and flew forever. Tailwinds really give it that extra distance too. It may not be a DD I use often, but when I'm on a long par 5 and have some open space to throw at, I'm pulling it out.

I heard that the prototype daedalus is being redesigned and will have less turn when they relaunch it. Might want to hold onto the ones you have now.

And if i am not mistaken any of the protos could be collectible right now. Same as teh four20 from vibram due to the rebranding of the name.

I'm an old guy (51) with around 350-375ft max d. lol.. I have 2 of these discs, a 167 and 175. While they are somewhat similar to the UnLace, these discs tend to take a little longer to stabilize, around 200ft they tend to flip up and fly straight for a while and then slightly fade. With a slight headwind you can throw some amazing high flex shots for incredible distance, I'm sure I'll be able to hit 400ft using this method with this disc. Otherwise, like the documentation says, throw it hard and low and it will fly straight and far. Definitely have to take the wind into consideration and adjust your release angle accordingly when throwing this disk.

Latest posts