• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Innova Discover pack

Casey 1988

Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!
https://proshop.innovadiscs.com/discover-pack.html

Has anybody got one of these yet? I wonder what the quality is for such a low priced disc golf backpack at $19.99

I just got one for my brother to have for a new disc golf bag for Christmas and had to buy it sooner as they looked like the initial run was going to sell out. He likes using a small minimal single strap bags for disc golf so I got him what I felt was the most minimal but more realistic disc golf backpack for full use as a main bag. He never liked the one I got him before being it was the lowest end single strap bag that Throwback Sports makes.

I'll reserve full judgement for when I see it in person, but it looks really low quality. Other bags in this range don't look as cheap IMO. The color options are a nice touch though.

262aazc.jpg

My Discover for my brothers birthday came in today and it is like the modern standard bag made into a backpack, not the old tent nylon versions. The bag has the U channel like some of the other better priced bags that Innova makes like the Deluxe if you have the newer ones or one without the accordion to the bag. The Innova logo was as I suspected only printed on. It looks like a well thought out bag that would be in that emerging beginner of/newbie disc golf, backpack category that has come out in the last few years. If my brother does not want it for disc golf he can so use it as a backpack for other uses. I got him the gray as the other colors were not what he would want, wish a green color was an option.

I'll reserve full judgement for when I see it in person, but it looks really low quality. Other bags in this range don't look as cheap IMO. The color options are a nice touch though.

True but this is the Backpack side of things, not the traditional single strap bag in the begginer to small category that will not use a quad strap system. Only $25.99 with shipping on one bag.

I do think it is better then other more expensive bags that Innova makes say the Heropack, I see the bottle holders fail and if favoring a single strap on the bag on that bag more with other players then even the Standard model. The SuperHero model I do not see failing as often with the bottle holders or if using a single strap and is a better bag.

The price point on this bag is baffling to me. I have not seen one in person, but my guess is that the materials and craftsmanship are rock-bottom terrible quality.

I'll be interested to see the reviews start to roll in after people have used them for a few rounds.

"I put a new Boss in this bag, and the sharp flashing sliced right through the side!"

I'm kind of interested also. Anybody tried one yet?

I used one over the weekend and they are pretty low quality. The straps remind me of a child's cheap school backpack. It functions well for the cost. But no it does not have a frame in it so with no discs in it, it flops to the ground like a tshirt.. if you have putters in the top putter pocket and set the bag down the putter pocket will just fall over. I don't forsee a frame being able to be built for it either because you would lose a lot of disc storage room. I could see one lasting around 3 months if you play two times a week. I wish these were out when I got a bag because I would've gotten one, before putting a bunch of money into a nice bag. End of the day I see a high quality bag lasting much longer and ending up being the same cost over time. 15 cheap bags vs 1 quality bag

TLDR: it is Walmart quality

I have one. Putter pocket collapses the bag when you set it down. For the price, I picked one up at usdgc, and it works great to hold my alternative discs inside my vehicle. It feels nice and light, holds discs well. I did add Velcro to raise the putter pocket higher, but it only helped a little

I called that it looks like poor quality materials. Totally agree with buy quality buy once. But there are other cheap options out there that are better. The BP3 is in this price range and is actually a really decent quality bag. A bit more and you can get the discmania fanatic or the pinch which IMO are both legit backpack style bags. They are comfortable and feel sturdy. You know it's not a good sign when you can look at the picture online and tell that the materials are low end.

I had the bp3 also. I would say the quality is similar. The innova pocket has a wider opening and I can pull the discs out easier, but the prodigy putter pocket was better. Overall I'd take the innova. Also, this would be the only innova thing I own, so no loyalties

I'll say one thing, Innova must have done some research on price points that target guys like me - I went with the Superhero as my bag of choice as an upgrade from quad straps, and I could see picking one of these up to replace my little over the shoulder dealie for lunch rounds.

I like the idea of something like this that is clearly for disc golf when you take a closer look at it, thanks to the Innova logo, but that doesn't look as incredibly silly as a typical bag sitting on a chair in my office when not in use.

I'll say one thing, Innova must have done some research on price points that target guys like me - I went with the Superhero as my bag of choice as an upgrade from quad straps, and I could see picking one of these up to replace my little over the shoulder dealie for lunch rounds.

I like the idea of something like this that is clearly for disc golf when you take a closer look at it, thanks to the Innova logo, but that doesn't look as incredibly silly as a typical bag sitting on a chair in my office when not in use.

It will be more comfortable bag for those traveling over a traditional shoulder bag or minimal disc players, as I see the beginner shoulder bags disappearing over the years with only a few models being made to satisfy that type of player as more brands make a basic disc golf backpack similar to this, possibly a tad better.

Side Note: has anybody used this bag yet?

I had the bp3 also. I would say the quality is similar. The innova pocket has a wider opening and I can pull the discs out easier, but the prodigy putter pocket was better. Overall I'd take the innova. Also, this would be the only innova thing I own, so no loyalties

So the Innova Discover pack is worth getting then even if it is at a questionable low price unlike the Prodigy Bp3. That is good to know.

I bought one for my 11 year old son as a birthday present and it is absolutely perfect for him. Highly recommend for kids, not so much for adults. I carried it for him in a recent tournament and its like a kid size book bag.

I bought one for my 11 year old son as a birthday present and it is absolutely perfect for him. Highly recommend for kids, not so much for adults. I carried it for him in a recent tournament and its like a kid size book bag.

As long as it fits him and is easy too take off, brother is 5 foot 6 inches so it should not bee too awkward on him. I feel he can use it for his discs and carry them more comfortable then the old beginner Lighting bag he has outgrown and is falling apart.

I'm looking at this bag to use for field practice. Currently I use the small Innova "Standard" bag for rounds, but I'd like something to easily carry more discs that I can keep in my truck.

From what I'm reading, the Prodigy BP-3 holds a few more discs, but is a bit more expensive. For field practice (not playing), which bag would be preferable, or is there a better alternative than either the Prodigy or Innova for roughly the same price?

I'm looking at this bag to use for field practice. Currently I use the small Innova "Standard" bag for rounds, but I'd like something to easily carry more discs that I can keep in my truck.

From what I'm reading, the Prodigy BP-3 holds a few more discs, but is a bit more expensive. For field practice (not playing), which bag would be preferable, or is there a better alternative than either the Prodigy or Innova for roughly the same price?

Uh another option is Prodigy makes the Tournament bag similar size to the Innova Discarrier bag for $29 flat with $4.00 shipping that comes with the detachable backpack quad straps on Amazon, The Amazon description says the Prodigy Tournament bag has 2 drink holders but the picture only shows one unless the zippered pocket on one side next to the drink holder can also be used for drinks.

Uh another option is Prodigy makes the Tournament bag similar size to the Innova Discarrier bag for $29 flat with $4.00 shipping that comes with the detachable backpack quad straps on Amazon...

I have looked at the Innova Discarrier, and the Prodigy bag does look similar. I was interested in the smaller backpack styles in case I have someone interested in playing, and I want to take them out with a few different discs.

Since my main focus though is practice, the larger tournament bag is probably better. Thanks for the heads up.

Latest posts