• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova G Star?

I should have mentioned that I'm only bagging G* drivers. The rest of my bag is pretty set and I'm also a big fan of Prodigy 400. All my Fairways and Mids are 400 plastic.

IMO, Mids and Fairways need to be more stiff and reliable/predictable. Even the DX Roc3s fair better than the G* imo

what I noticed about the G-Star roc3's is that they are so much flatter compared to dx/champ/star/pro roc3's. almost like the classic putting/approach ROCs.

it seems like they should be classified as a totally different disc with different flight ratings.

also that they seem similar to the Comet in that they're finicky when it comes to bad form/OAT issues (especially since they are so floppy compared to regular roc3s). this could be a good thing though for instructional purposes.

Maybe they can be used as throwing form teaching aids like comets, but I figured I might as well use the comet if so.

Would be nice to see G* Gazelles and Xcalibers. Maybe some in the near future, it sounded like Dave Dunipace mentioned that the entire line up of discs would be run in G* at some point. Out of all Innova discs the light weight KC Pro Gazelles have been a favorite but their production run has been long gone. I think the disc and players would benefit with a production run in this new plastic very much. As for the Xcaliber it is one of the few drivers I could successfully forehand and would be interested to try again.

Would be nice to see G* Gazelles and Xcalibers. Maybe some in the near future, it sounded like Dave Dunipace mentioned that the entire line up of discs would be run in G* at some point. Out of all Innova discs the light weight KC Pro Gazelles have been a favorite but their production run has been long gone. I think the disc and players would benefit with a production run in this new plastic very much.

I don't know who you are, but I like what you're putting out. Let us begin the campaign for G* Gazelles, from max weight all the way to at least 150g!

I don't know who you are, but I like what you're putting out. Let us begin the campaign for G* Gazelles, from max weight all the way to at least 150g!

I would be cautiously optimistic about it. One of my best discs is a Star Gazelle and is nearly perfect the way it is. However, almost everything else I have has been converted over to GStar. With the tendency of GStar stabilizing the mold -understable becoming more stable, but still understable, and conversely overstable still being overstable but less overstable - where can the Gazelle go? It is already perfectly stable.

Most of my GStars are also longer than their non-GStar counterparts. If you stretch out the Gazelle, you might as well throw the TeeBird. I would definitely love the Gazelle in this plastic for its grip, but I am concerned about what it would do to its stability.

I bought g* aviar, roc3, leopard, teebird teebird3, valk, wraith, and a boss for my innova standard bag. These discs feel amazing and look even better. Cant wait to toss em tomorrow

The leopard so far has been my favorite! Mine is flat and nice and neutral-stable.

Likewise. :hfive:

It has been money for tight tunnel shots and cramped fairways. Quickly rising to one of my favorite discs and a sure staple in my bag.

I will third the leo. I have always carried a pro for turnover and roller shots, but I used to be too scared of flipping them to ever throw them much. The 175 g* leo has been getting more use than my beat in teebirds lately for tunnels.

looking forward to trying a g-line p2 soon.. just waiting for the order to arrive

so how is everyones gstarrr holding up? stability? dinged and scraped? like new? tell me

G destroyer is still nice and stable, zero dings or any visible damage. This is a first production run pearly magenta.

i have an aviar D and a sw. both are blue not pearly. both have some scrapes and cuts on it. a chip here and there. but for the most part they do not beat up and get ugly nearly as fast as a regular star

ive had mine for about 2 months

How do yall like the G* rocs? I just dont like the feel of KC pro and want something a little more glossy.