• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova guys: Anyone prefer the Eagle over the Teebird?

Johnny Depth

Double Eagle Member
I loved my Eagle when I threw innova. Teebird was good too, but the Eagle was naughty.

The Teebird & Eagle aren't interchangeable unless the Eagle is beat in. I have no use for an Eagle b/c I pair my Teebirds with a Banshee & a Leopard but the Eagle is still a good disc. I find the Eagle has more fade than the Teebird. To clarify were talking about an Eagle-X not an Eagle-L correct?

Either Eagle. I just liked using it more. I had my first ace with it too

I prefer the eagle but they are a long term investment they get better with age

Last edited:
When did they start letting you make threads again?

You don't even throw either?

Teebird over eagle

The Eagle is the better, more versatile line shaper. Period.

The Teebird excels in different areas, and what it does, it does VERY well. hence the popularity, but it is not as versatile.

Eagle is the jack of all trades. Many players recognize that it is one fairway driver than can cover ALL shots if you have a spectrum of them from new-beat. But it's not necessarily renown for being the best at one particular type of shot.

The Teebird is more particular about it's strengths, and is renown for being the best at what it does.

2 very different fairway drivers.

I personally do prefer the Eagle. I love the versatility. It's one of my all time favorite molds, it has been bagged for the last 4 years, and it will not leave my bag anytime in the foreseeable future. The Eagle and the Wasp are the 1, 2 punch in my bag, both molds can cover ALL the shots of their respective speed ranges when you have them seasoned -> new.. And not many molds can do these things.

I LOVE my Eagles... Eagle-X specifically, never thrown an L, because a beat X IS an L! Haha. Brand new they are almost over stable and fly beautiful flex shots. Then as they wear they just get better and better... Nothing like a big anny with a seasoned Eagle... There's a reason Steve Rico still has an Eagle-X in his bag... :p

I do throw JLS as a TB substitute, and am liking them a lot.

I LOVE my Eagles... Eagle-X specifically, never thrown an L, because a beat X IS an L! Haha. Brand new they are almost over stable and fly beautiful flex shots. Then as they wear they just get better and better... Nothing like a big anny with a seasoned Eagle... There's a reason Steve Rico still has an Eagle-X in his bag... :p

I do throw JLS as a TB substitute, and am liking them a lot.

Rico also carries other Innova discs like the Roadrunner & Firebird...

Why wouldn't Johnny Depth be allowed to make threads? :confused:

Why wouldn't Johnny Depth be allowed to make threads? :confused:

Because when he first came here all he did was create about 15 threads a day... Even when he was told to stop he just made more and more and more and more and more.

Because when he first came here all he did was create about 15 threads a day... Even when he was told to stop he just made more and more and more and more and more.

Domination indeed :thmbup:

Yet people like StarFirebird and a couple others can make just as many threads as Johnny and not get banned from creating threads??? Awkward...

I prefer the Eagle X. I have an old beaten in Dx that is a nice long turnover driver, along with a fresher dx and a champ. It's an extremely versatile disc.

I'm curious how they allowed Johnny to make new threads again too. This is another dangerously Johnny-esque new thread. You say that "when you threw Innova", you preferred the Eagle. Okay then... First, you don't throw Innova anymore, so why do you care? Second, if you don't throw Innova anymore, why is your sig nothing but Innova discs? Third, even if you DO still throw Innova, who cares what anyone else likes or dislikes? I throw the Gazelle, Banshee, and Leopard as my main drivers. 95% of throwers seem to prefer the Teebird over the Gazelle, but I don't really care. It works for me and I love it. No need to post a new thread asking why the Teebird is preferable to the Gazelle.

(PLEASE don't post a new thread asking why people prefer the Teebird to the Gazelle)

I'm curious how they allowed Johnny to make new threads again too. This is another dangerously Johnny-esque new thread. You say that "when you threw Innova", you preferred the Eagle. Okay then... First, you don't throw Innova anymore, so why do you care? Second, if you don't throw Innova anymore, why is your sig nothing but Innova discs? Third, even if you DO still throw Innova, who cares what anyone else likes or dislikes? I throw the Gazelle, Banshee, and Leopard as my main drivers. 95% of throwers seem to prefer the Teebird over the Gazelle, but I don't really care. It works for me and I love it. No need to post a new thread asking why the Teebird is preferable to the Gazelle.

(PLEASE don't post a new thread asking why people prefer the Teebird to the Gazelle)

child-whining-dave-mosher.jpg

HAHA!!!! Jay Dub, that is awesome!

Johnny, throw a DX Teebird. It'll be your life.

Latest posts