• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova guys: Anyone prefer the Eagle over the Teebird?

What was your first fake disc?

No, nevermind, I don't want to know...

I started out with fakes discs...

41BNTB89i5L._SX342_.jpg

And...? Lol. That's great that he carries discs not mentioned in this thread... A+++ post WDBWA

I was implying that just b/c Rico carries the Eagle-X doesn't make it a better fairway driver than the Teebird (like you implied). Way to respond to a post with no knowledge/info for the OP.....A+++ post. BTW Sooners suck

I've had Teebirds in my bag since day one therefore I'm partial to them. I bought a Star and Champ Eagle X to throw during field sessions to see what they're all about. The Eagle is a better choice as far as versatility goes, a couple Eagles in different wear stages can handle many different lines. The Eagle to me is like a slow PD, and since I throw PD's and Teebirds there's no spot in my bag for the Eagle. They are both exceptional fairway drivers that have stood the test of time, and you can't go wrong with either one.

I know a guy that prefers an eagle as his main fairway driver but then again he sucks soooooo.... not that I am judging you guys that do :D

I used the Eagle for many, many years. In fact, if I for some reason wanted an all Innova bag, it would definetly be in there. A fresh Eagle will go farthet than even the most well loved Teebird.

But theres so many other options out there from so many other companies, theres certainly no right ot wrong answer.

To me a new champ Eagle is a 0/3 (if an eagle is a -1/3 the teebird is a -1/2) and a new champ Teebird is a 0/2. Both work great for long straight flights so its a take your pick kind of thing. Teebirds have been working great for me for really straight shots but in many headwinds they usually don't have enough beef to hold that line anymore. I have one regular 171 champ Teebird in my car that definitely flys close to a new eagle though so they're out there. I like both pretty close to equally.

I was implying that just b/c Rico carries the Eagle-X doesn't make it a better fairway driver than the Teebird (like you implied). Way to respond to a post with no knowledge/info for the OP.....A+++ post. BTW Sooners suck

I wasn't implying anything other than it's a good disc. I was specifically thinking of his use of his Eagle in I believe the Master's(at DeLa) for the big anny's I talked about loving so much in my original post. But no, you can be a smarmy prick if you want! I don't mind at all! And, I have no real attachment to the Sooners. Other than it's part of my username! :clap:

To the OP: Both can coexist in the same bag imo. You might try and find some QJLS's as well, they are a great disc! The Teebird is just a modified Eagle-X anyways. ;)

I wasn't implying anything other than it's a good disc. I was specifically thinking of his use of his Eagle in I believe the Master's(at DeLa) for the big anny's I talked about loving so much in my original post. But no, you can be a smarmy prick if you want! I don't mind at all! And, I have no real attachment to the Sooners. Other than it's part of my username! :clap:

To the OP: Both can coexist in the same bag imo. You might try and find some QJLS's as well, they are a great disc! The Teebird is just a modified Eagle-X anyways. ;)

I try :D

Last edited:
I prefer Leos to both but if I was just choosing between the two, Star Teebirds all day.

I bag a fresh champ eagle-x for headwinds, spikes, and shorter than firebird full power flicks, a seasoned champ eagle-x for workable flexes and stable lines into moderate headwinds, and a glow eagle-l for hyzer flips to stable or turnover lines that will fade. If I want a stable straight line without fade, I'll hyzer flip a QJLS instead of bagging a teebird that's had its LSS beaten out. Seasoned to straight Teebirds are very nice but it sucks losing one after the many throws getting it to that sweet spot. For reference, I throw my fairways on golf lines between 250-325' and max around 360'.

The Teebird & Eagle aren't interchangeable unless the Eagle is beat in. I have no use for an Eagle b/c I pair my Teebirds with a Banshee & a Leopard but the Eagle is still a good disc. I find the Eagle has more fade than the Teebird. To clarify were talking about an Eagle-X not an Eagle-L correct?

I have no use for TeeBirds, Banshees, or Leopards because I pair my Eagles with Eagles.

That's the beauty of the Eagle, it's super versatile and works great for folks like me who want to keep their bags pretty simple. If your more of a one mold for each shot kinda guy, you'll probably like TeeBirds better. With Leopards or Banshees or Rivers or Xls or Cheetahs or whatever other molds.

I played my first round with my first Eagle just yesterday. I can already tell that they can co-exist with Teebirds. The biggest difference I noticed was better flex shots. On a FH flex (my FH is max 250') it came off smooth and flexed around for a strong fade/skip. Same shot with a Teebird = cut roll.

After the round I tried another line with it, basically the same as my sky-anny throw for rollers,a big nose-down anhyzer. It came down in the perfect y=x^2 slope and hit the ground just as it flattened out. A beautiful flight, and another line where the Teebird would've spiked the ground instead of sweeping out flat.

They feel very similar in the hand and I think one overstable Eagle-X will compliment my Teebirds nicely.

Latest posts