• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Krait-Approved

I think for blizzards, there is no good way to tell how it will fly, except maybe comparing PLHs. I have a blizz 157 teedevil which is a flippy POS, and a 150 something Katana that is slightly understable and is an easy 420 in no wind or tailwind.

Such a forgetful and unsatisfiable generation... You must remember that discs have undergone an evolution. Aviars were once top notch drivers until they were usurped by discs like the Roc. Hell, ten years ago someone would have thought you were an alien if you showed up to the course with a blizzard boss.

I think you all are just having trouble seeing the forest from the trees. Small steps in disc manufacture lead to huge changes over time.

And as far as the variations in Innova discs, there are pros and cons just like anything else. Pros are that some of them have become extremely valuable, variations lead to more possible flight paths, and there are lots of choices for grip. Cons are they can be more difficult to replace and predict if you are trying something new. This isn't a huge deal though if you aren't really losing drivers.

The wizard, my fav, comes in more variations than probably any other disc. Every run feels different. I embrace it and love it.

But Innova is kind of like Pink Floyd after the creation of the Roc. You have to respect them and the Roc. It is blasphemy to talk badly of them.

unstable

I just got a 138 blizz krait and I found it very unstable. I found the top very flat and it was slightly dented in transport. In a tailwind I managed to have it fly low and straight once, and have it flip the next 10 times on me, it did however recover at the end with a little fade to finish better than expected. I think it will take a while to find its perfect release point.

I have been throwing my Krait now, and it is more stable than my Wariths. I'm not exactly sure where (or if) it fits in my bag long term. It might be too stable to take one spot but not stable enough to take another spot. Nice disc though! Feels good in the hand and is great for distance in a nice tailwind.

I have a 170 Selinske Krait and threw it with a hyzer flip into a wind today just short of 350'. It bombs with a tailwind too. I find that hyzer flipping it helps it not to go understable when I put some force into my throw. I love this disc. I don't really see a reason to buy an archon or a wraith at this point.:thmbup:

Picked up two production Champ Kraits today. A 175g and a 169g. I had to get out and throw them. I spent some time in the field and played a few holes. First off, I don't like the plastic. It feels like some left over garbage they had at the factory. The discs have nicks and scrapes all over them just from landing in dirt. The flight plate feels very thin as well. As far as flight goes I am very impressed. They came out a little more stable than the Selinski metal flake Krait I had. They were going a little farther than my Wraiths, had great glide when thrown low, held a huge hyzer very well, and the rim felt comfortable in my hand. I didn't see a huge difference between the Krait and Wraith. The 175g had a nice strong fade at the end. I think the metal flake Kraits compliment Wraiths better.I can see where these should beat to understable a little quicker. I noticed some more high speed turn than Wraiths have. I am now anxiously awaiting Star Kraits. All in all it seems like a great disc. It stands next to the mighty Wraith just fine. The description of it being like a worn Wraith is spot on. If you already have a stack of Wraiths I wouldn't run out to buy some Kraits but they are a very nice disc.

I LOVE Kraits! Notched my fourth ace two days ago with a Champion Krait. But if I need big, straight D I'll RHFH or Hyzer Flip my Metal Flake Krait. Very versatile disc...also taught me the value of discing down since I can throw it much farther than my warp speed stuff.

It's my new go-to driver, replacing my Star and Champion Destroyers. I have found that the Kraits don't like a headwind too much (unlike my Destroyers) but a tail or cross wind and you will find it perform very well. I was about to abandon all Innova drivers for European goodness until this bad boy came out.

Kraits are awesome control drivers. I can not figure out why this disc isnt getting any hype. It is so close to an Augusta Wraith that it might as well be one.The flat ones flip easy, the consistent domes are money and the pop tops are a tad overstable. So much better than wraiths. You cant base an opinion on the krait off of blizzard trash.

I agree. It should be getting more love. One of the best new drivers in a while.

So my dad gave me a Blizz Krait as an early Christmas gift, and I have to say, I am pleasantly surprised. This thing has a nice turn, healthy fade, but just booms out of the gate. It was easy to throw and get up to speed (149 g), and held lines really well. I think I will keep it in the bag for max D, open holes. I don't like any other Blizzard I have thrown, but this one seems like a keeper.

So my dad gave me a Blizz Krait as an early Christmas gift, and I have to say, I am pleasantly surprised. This thing has a nice turn, healthy fade, but just booms out of the gate. It was easy to throw and get up to speed (149 g), and held lines really well. I think I will keep it in the bag for max D, open holes. I don't like any other Blizzard I have thrown, but this one seems like a keeper.

My 152 is exactly the same! Last weekend I got it out about 360' which is really long for me.

I agree, the Krait was the best Blizzard I tried. Others were DD2, Scorpius, and Wraith. The DD2 was too flippy, the Wraith finicky, and the Scorpius pretty overstable. Krait was 145g, the others were all 150g.

You can throw the Blizzard Krait on a frozen rope with a very small and late fade...kinda just like Innova advertises. Good glide. Wind will upset it though.

I'm still not a fan of Blizzard, mainly because of all the weight removed from the rim only, on the latest Blizzard. It feels like you're throwing a weightless disc somehow.

I know it was all luck bui forehanded a blizz krait hyzerflipped it and aced a hole.and to make it better It was on my birthday and bought it like an hour before.

I agree, the Krait was the best Blizzard I tried. Others were DD2, Scorpius, and Wraith. The DD2 was too flippy, the Wraith finicky, and the Scorpius pretty overstable. Krait was 145g, the others were all 150g.

You can throw the Blizzard Krait on a frozen rope with a very small and late fade...kinda just like Innova advertises. Good glide. Wind will upset it though.

I'm still not a fan of Blizzard, mainly because of all the weight removed from the rim only, on the latest Blizzard. It feels like you're throwing a weightless disc somehow.

I've only tried the Wraith, and it is longer than anything else I've thrown. I like the Blizz.

I've only tried the Wraith, and it is longer than anything else I've thrown. I like the Blizz.

I could get some good hyzers with the Blizzard Wraith, but on a flat release it would sometimes flip over too far. Of course, the Krait would do that too. For me, the Krait just seemed to be a little more controllable overall. FWIW

The Krait has replaced the "Vulcan" out of my bag. It has turned into my go to driver. I have the flat version. There are 3 kinds. Flat, slight dome and really domey.

I bought one the week after Christmas and have only been able to throw a few times. At this point it is likely to make it into the bag. I have about 10 new discs to try and so far the Krait is my favorite.

Latest posts