• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Krait-Approved

ZI carry multiples in the bag, and every player I give one/sell one/trade one to loves it...including my wife and 7 year old daughter (139g Blizzard for her). Its really a great driver...even have a skip ace with one at Widefield Park. Oure local PIAS sells a ton of them, so they must be farily popular. I think the forum dwellers like us just automatically dismiss any new Innova driver right out the gate. I suggest everyone give the Krait a try.

In doing field work Saturday, the disc that yield the straightest, most consistent throws, besides my trusty beat Pro Wraith, was my 175 Selinski Krait. Starting to really love that disc.

Haha I love people jumping on the krait train. I bought one the first day the champ productiom runs came out and fell in love. I now have 5 kraits from 167-171. If you want a disc that acts like a krait in a headwind since that is the kraits only downfall get a c-line dd. Much love for the krait and even a lil more now since mcbeth gives it good reviews.

Me too! I love the Krait. I've been throwing it longer than anyone else though, because it's called the Flow.

Sarcasm aside, the Krait is basically just the Opto Flow. The only thing the Krait has over the Flow is Blizzard plastic. And damn it, if I have't been begging Lat for an Opto Air Flow. (It's even the catchiest Opto Air name available!)

NOT a knock on the Krait. I love my Flows, so it would be silly of me to knock the Krait. Just saying the flight is great for people just hovering that intermediate/advanced line for distance.

I really like this disc. My buddy bought it and couldn't throw it to save his life. He is rather new to the game so I gave it a try. Throwing it into a head wind turns it to the right and over powering it can give it a wide fade before it turns but if you have God form this is a fantastic disc. I get more distance from this disc than any in my bag.

Do all/most Kraits have a crazy UFO type dome on them? I bought a Blizzard Krait through the mail and I've never seen any disc with a top like this. It starts off as a typically slanted top starting from the rim, but once you get about 1/3 of the way towards the center it has this crazy bubble pop-top dome on it. Also, it flies like poop.

Do all/most Kraits have a crazy UFO type dome on them? I bought a Blizzard Krait through the mail and I've never seen any disc with a top like this. It starts off as a typically slanted top starting from the rim, but once you get about 1/3 of the way towards the center it has this crazy bubble pop-top dome on it. Also, it flies like poop.

Thats Blizzard ANYTHING. Every Blizard ive ever tried to throw, does so like a dried up hunk of dog sh*t, and the vast majority are domey. The Krait is a great disc, its the plastic you chose that made it fly crappy.

I have a blizzard krait that's actually pretty flat and I really like the way it flies. But but based on other comments around these forums, blizzard plastic does seem to be hit or miss.

I have a Star Destroyer with similar attributes. Weird areola dome top. Flies over-stable comparatively to others. I will say it's a beautiful disc. Looks like a big slice of lemon. Like a big lemon breast. So is there a consensus on the Krait? Is it a worn Destroyer off the shelf? or is it the next Groove(gasp!)? My NOT-go-to bag would consist of an Archon, a Krait, a Tern, and a Groove? The hypothenuse is based solely on chatter. Hypothenuse, triple word score!

I'm gave the krait a second go and purposely chose one with a bit higher plh. I gotta say I'm loving it. Great for hyzer flips and it has tons of glide. The fade is foward and consistent for great relatively straight distance. It holds a big anny bomb well. It takes more torque than I like to roll but it does roll very very nice and straight. Like a faster fr sidewinder when it's rolling. I would say this is the disc I wanted the archon to be. It never flips out if thrown flat and hard just a drifting turn to the right with enough fade to bring it back in line. Mine will fight a headwind decently but I'd never trust it if it was an important shot however mainly because I don't trust myself not the disc.

Has anyone thrown both the Tern and Krait? I don't know if there is enough difference to try both and was looking for a comparison of the 2.

Has anyone thrown both the Tern and Krait? I don't know if there is enough difference to try both and was looking for a comparison of the 2.

I have both bagged. They're not very similar, to be honest. The Tern, for me, offers huge s-curves when thrown flat. My Kraits, even my most worn-in ace Krait, gets very minimal turn and a nice, forward-penetrating fade. I will say both discs come in nice and flat, and dont dive out hard on the fade for me.

The Krait is a great utility driver for me, whereas the Tern is more for big distance with room to work. I can use the Krait on tight, long fairways, where the Tern would not be ideal.

They're both nice discs...The Krait has slightly more fade, and the tern a touch more glide. They both will hold a tight straight line, although the tern feels a bit more "effortless" Throwing the krait reminds me a bit of throwing a more seasoned SPD...which is not a bad thing. They're not hugely different, but enough where I have them both bagged right now.

Hmmm, very intersting. I am thinking that I might like to try out both these disc now. I know that the Tern is coming in that fresh new Champ. plastic. Is the Krait also using that plastic?

I actually have a halloween version of the krait in star, but I'm pretty sure the krait is only available in regular champ and blizzard champ..(unless you find one of the black, halloween ones)

Last edited:
I wish the Kraits were in the new champ. I bought one the day they came out, the plastic mine is molded in feels very slick and has a lot of "blizzard chatter" on the top side of the wing. Nice disc. I tried to flatten it, but it still has a noticeable dome. Basically a faster SL, which I love. I think it would be fantastic in Star if it doesn't mold up domey. Has anyone thrown a Star Krait yet? I heard Innova made them for Halloween, but I never saw one.

Last edited: