• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Lycan

other than that stuff does anybody have anything to add about the disc?
flight
glide
stability

I just snagged a few and I'm thinking of putting one into my bag
but wanted a mortal's perspective...ZJ has a cannon

i had a strange feeling this disc will hold a line like a zone without the fade, or mimic a buzz. im going to get a white one and stencil dye a still from that video on it.

the profile is nothing like the Cro

I have stated like 50 times in this thread. Lycan = coyote + nose spacer + plus mold

But, but, but reading is so hard, guy. :\

I heard it has a groove and a thumbtrack and that's its a Wolf top and a Leopard bottom. :|

other than that stuff does anybody have anything to add about the disc?
flight
glide
stability

I just snagged a few and I'm thinking of putting one into my bag
but wanted a mortal's perspective...ZJ has a cannon

I've thrown it a lot over the past few weeks in all kinds of wind and lots of field practice - getting to know it pretty well and I really like it. I think they got the flight numbers right on for this disc, except it doesn't quite glide like a 5 to me, maybe a 4.

Easy to release it clean. Really resists turnover even when overpowered, but it's not overstable (headwinds will make it flip without a hyzer throw, but even then it isn't severe). Gentle fade that doesn't seem to slide backwards unless it's really nose up or into a headwind. If you give it anny, it will hold it til the end, but it won't land flat like a beat in XD or Stingray...more of a steady, gradual anny line. Doesn't seem to cut roll easily. Distance is shorter than other mids and needs a little more oomph, but it made my bag right away. If I had to settle on just one mid, I might choose the Core for longer distance, easier throw, and neutral versatility, unless there are winds. Lycan will do all of that and handle the wind better. First new disc from Innova in quite awhile that's worth a hoot.

thanks Okla
I think I'll give one a throw when the weather gets nicer

winter came and it's -14 Celcius

how does the lycan compare to a buzzz ss.

I just picked one up for a buddy of mine to replace his lost buzzz ss. He really likes star plastic

i heard the lycan glows on full moons..

which is stupid cuz playing glow golf on full moons sucks.

I'm really lykin the lycan
I aced with one on Sunday

it's probably not as fast as a Buzzz but it might actually be a better Buzzz

it does glide well
holds lines well

I'm pretty impressed...and I'm not usually impressed by Innova

Quick comments. Aced today on a soft hyzer where the basket is blind behind a giant tree.

It holds hyzers well without a harsh fade.

When thrown flat it turns and fades as expected. Fairly straight with little lateral movement.

When thrown with the slightest anhyzer in hopes of a soft turn, or flat with enough power to get it to turn, it turns too much and is very difficult to gauge.

When thrown with a high sweeping anhyzer in hopes that it will flatten out and hold a turn, it does this really well after a little practice.

I thru my friends proto star today. It flies just like my ESP comets. If I released flat it goes straight...on hyzer it curves left...Anny flies right. Very very nice mold and more wind tolerate than my comets

you guys do realize that the coyote and mako do all of the things you are describing

Got my lycan, tried it out...hated it. It was waayyyy domey. Is this normal or an abnormality? I found that the dome made it really hard for me to grip. Flight was nice, but nothing my coyote doesn't do