• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Mako

I threw mine for the first time today. IMHO, not stable at all. Kept turning it. Seems alot like the Coyote, maybe even more understable. I did through a few times with a hyzer release and it flies straight that way, since it flips up.

My numbers would 5, 4, -1 or -2, 1. Maybe more like 5, 4, -1.5, .5.

Basically, Its innova's version of a buzz. The dimensions are almost exactly the same as the buzz, with a very minor difference in the rim. That being said, it is what they advertise, a straight disc with almost no fade.

Last edited:
anyone got any side pics of the disc. so i can see what the rim profile looks like. I wanted to see this and the katana.

My Pro katana arrived in my home town this morning, but thats all the tracking tells me. Stupid USPS. Its either at home now waiting for me or I will get it tomorrow and will try to get a picture.

Basically, Its innova's version of a buzz. The dimensions are almost exactly the same as the buzz, with a very minor difference in the rim. That being said, it is what they advertise, a straight disc with almost no fade.

I beg to differ, it's not that much like a Buzz at all. If you snap this one hard, it would flip over pretty easily. Much more understable than a Buzz.

My Pro katana arrived in my home town this morning, but thats all the tracking tells me. Stupid USPS. Its either at home now waiting for me or I will get it tomorrow and will try to get a picture.

Posting the rest of this in the Katana thread...

I beg to differ, it's not that much like a Buzz at all. If you snap this one hard, it would flip over pretty easily. Much more understable than a Buzz.

I stand corrected. Originally, I had only thrown the mako a few times in my yard. I still say it is very similar to the buzz, but when thrown with a lot of snap it does turn over. This doesn't really affect me much, since I mostly use my midrange for shorter throws(100' to 200'). Anything more than 200' I use a fairway driver(TL). It feels very similar to the buzz in your hand, much more so than any Innova disc. It's a little bit domier with a slightly different lip. It is extremely straight with almost no fade.

I thought it was like a Buzzz at first but then i picked one up to compare and I really don't see a whole lot of similarities

I've had a chance to use it some in local competition and had some good success with the Mako. It reminds me of a moderately beat Shark. But, it has a little more glide and does not lose as much altitude on a flat straight shot. And, the disc does not get as much ground action or skip compared to a Roc or a Buzzz.

Like the Buzz, the Mako is not the best in windy conditions. Crosswinds will push the disc and headwinds are not well suited for this disc.

This disc is good for beginners looking for something that is easier to throw than most midranges out there and more experienced players looking for a disc that is good at holding a line and for placement. I like it.

I stand corrected. Originally, I had only thrown the mako a few times in my yard. I still say it is very similar to the buzz, but when thrown with a lot of snap it does turn over. This doesn't really affect me much, since I mostly use my midrange for shorter throws(100' to 200'). Anything more than 200' I use a fairway driver(TL). It feels very similar to the buzz in your hand, much more so than any Innova disc. It's a little bit domier with a slightly different lip. It is extremely straight with almost no fade.

Yup love my TL. Though I've never had a problem throwing the mako to hard. I'm still somewhat new, but I'm the same way only use midranges pretty much for what they are made for. Also I never drive with them.

anyone got any side pics of the disc. so i can see what the rim profile looks like. I wanted to see this and the katana.

Unless someone beats me too it or unless you've seen it already by now, I will try to get some pics up. I am lazy so don't troll this thread as though I'm going to have them up instantly, but I'll try to fight the lazyness and get them up by tonight or tomorrow night.

I've heard a few people who got their Mako with CY written on the bottom of the disc if that tells you anything.

I've heard a few people who got their Mako with CY written on the bottom of the disc if that tells you anything.

Hahahahaha....is the balloon boy working for innova now?

And yes...very Coyote shaped.

Hah good thing mine says *MK on the bottom. Must be people who have never thrown a coyote then and assumed it must be the mako.

Mako is a good disc but the weights are to heavy for little arms. Flys nice and straight and far.

I was going to post that too. I noticed this last night when I picked one up at a pro shop. Some had *MK and some had CY and I think one even had just Y

What gives??

Latest posts