• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova vs Discraft Poll

What Brand do You Use THE MOST?

• Innova

Votes: 257 66.6%
  • Discraft

Votes: 114 29.5%
  • Other

Votes: 15 3.9%

• Total voters
I thought the stratus was their answer to the stingray?
The Eclipse came out a year or so after the Stingray and was Discrafts max D hyzerflip and roller disc for the next several years. The Stratus came out about eight or nine years after the Eclipse. I'm pretty sure the Stratus was just supposed to be an Eclipse-ish disc that could be run in Tournament Pro plastic since the Eclipse would not mold up in that plastic. So technically the Stratus is a copy of the Eclipse. They are very similar in flight.

I like innova and discraft but i only buy discraft. I like the feel of the elite z plastic and plus im in michigan, so I have to help out discraft when i can :p.

I've thrown alot of innova's mainly in part because they're everywhere, but i definitely like the wraith...

Innova, it's what I got started on, so I kept buying them, In have not bought another brand yet. Cause i'm not so sure about them. Innova seems to explain more with there charts, and the people who sell them.

Discraft all the way. Their Z is better feeling than Champion. Their ESP feels way better than Star and is more consistent as well. And you can't beat their soft putters.

I once bought into the Innova rating system until I realized that I rarely throw a disc the same way every time. Since those ratings are also only good for a brand new, unbeaten disc (I hit a lot of trees) thrown with a flat release and the perfect amount of spin, their ratings are pretty much moot to me. After a little trial and error, I'm more than comfortable with Discraft's ratings and find they're more accurate since they are willing to rate their same molds differently for different plastics (You won't see that from Innova).

That being said, Innova won't completely leave my bag because of the TeeBird and the Groove, but I won't be replacing any other of their molds.

well this poll pretty much explains why innova doesnt have a nickname like discrap!

And yet they don't have a reputation for inconsistent molds and plastics like your precious Innova. I wonder how many of the people that voted Innova have never tried another company? It could also be that Innova doesn't have a name that is easily changed.

Since I'm not a label snob, I'll happily throw whatever lowers my score.

well this poll pretty much explains why innova doesnt have a nickname like discrap!

Naw, it's because its an odd enough name that nothing really sounds like it:

bendova is about the best I can come up with.

I throw Innova products 99.9% of the time. The other .1% is split between Millennium (I know it's also Innova) and Discraft. I don't hate on the other brands I just throw what I know and is easily available.

The last slot I filled in the bag was an overstable driver. I picked a Z Predator for this because I didn't want an all Innova bag and it seemed to fit my needs better than the Firechicken.

2 surge (discraft)
1 force (discraft)
1 avenger (discraft)
1 sidwinder (innova)
1 teebird (innova)
1 firebird (innova)

2 buzzz (discraft)
1 meteor (discraft)

1 wizard (gateway)
1 blowfly (dga, or discraft)

DISCRAFT WOOO, i would throw all discraft but they don't have a disc like the sidewinder or the teebird, and the firebird will soon be replaced by a predator

Last edited:

Latest posts