• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Vulcan approved

The Vulcan is is a high speed under stable driver. Wouldn't we all love something faster than a roadrunner/monarch/insert beat up disc here for a roller? Big arms will appreciate the speed at which this thing will hit the ground and take off. Intermediate players will the love how fast this disc will fly off a hyzer flip. Noobs will be noobs forever. Everyone should contribute to disc golf. If you think you're better than someone out on your course, then approach them if you think you can help them on something. If they don't want your help then they'll let you know. Disc golf is mainly a community sport. Only around 10-15 players are making legitimate money at this sport, and until it grows more, we all have to help each other. If you think you're a baller and better than everyone, stop being a douche and give a beginner some tips on how they can improve their game. Maybe tell them some good beginner discs/courses they can try out.

Well said, Great post and on my course you would probably get beat up for approaching somebody. But thats awesome advice. I like this site because of the ball busting, Whining, Complaining, Gloating, Name calling, Attacking someone who started a lame thread, I love all that. Welcome aboard firstrun, For a more serious, But not as fun, Forum, Check out Disc Golf Review.:hfive:

This thing HATES a headwind, of ANY kind. Make damn good and sure there's no wind, or a tail wind before throwing it. I thought I could put some hyzer on it with a slight breeze, but that was a bad idea. It headed off to the right (RHBH), but it's too rude to burn into the ground. Oh no! .. it just keeps on truckin'. It doesn't seem to take anything off the distance either. I threw a nice, 380' shot, across 2 other fairways.

I'm liking mine. 175 orange Star. I agree with the headwind, unless you want it to turn and keep turning throw it when it's calm or a tailwind. The flight feels like a new DX Wraith with some good high speed turn and a controllable fade. I bombed a few at the tourney this weekend and parked a flat 395 footer that requires a big hyzer-flip. The Vulcan performed perfectly where my Beast might not have faded back.

The grip feels fantastic in my hand. I love really flat to almost concave wings on my drivers and this one is perfect. The wing rises up to s slight dome and then flattens out at the flight plate with a pronounced edge. It also isn't as shallow as the Katana so my stubs can get a good grip. We'll see how this breaks in and if it will be usable as an everyday driver or will it get too understable.

This thing HATES a headwind, of ANY kind. Make damn good and sure there's no wind, or a tail wind before throwing it. I thought I could put some hyzer on it with a slight breeze, but that was a bad idea. It headed off to the right (RHBH), but it's too rude to burn into the ground. Oh no! .. it just keeps on truckin'. It doesn't seem to take anything off the distance either. I threw a nice, 380' shot, across 2 other fairways.

I agree that it cannot be thrown flat into a headwind but i had fairly decent results with a mild hyzer. The trick is finding the right amount. It has enough low speed stability where if it can be kept from flipping up further than flat it will fly straight even in a headwind.

How much head wind were you facing? I think i was only dealing with about 10 mph.

This reminds me of one of the windiest(non winter) days I've ever seen, I threw my katana with maybe 50% reach back maybe even less...pretty much threw it like I often times throw my midranges. Also had maybe 30% or 40% power on it and it flew strait as can be into a head wind of maybe 30mph if I remember correctly or more dependent on gusts.

I got the last "smoke" champions for the gentlemans club challenge off discgolfvalues... just came in the mail today and i really want to throw it, but I have a production run on the way also...

I went out and threw my 165 Star Vulcan today and was throwing it really far. Winter time I'm around 320 feet or so (Tracker) but today I must have thrown that Vulcan 370 or more. I don't have an official way to back that up just guessing by my Tracker compared to the Vulcan.

I just picked up a Star 168 Vulcan as payout plastic. I am anxious to see how it's going to work for me. My Katana is my longest flyer and it's a straight disc for me. I'll get my assessment of the Vulcan posted after I get in some throws with it. Wish it wasn't supposed to be rainy all week :\

So far though, I do like the grip, the shallow rim I think will let me put a little more pressure on the pinch point with my fingers when I do the power grip.

Edit: This is the last high speed driver I will 'try out'. I couldn't resist because it felt so good and Russell seemed to have a few positives to say about it. I still want to hear how the 158 worked out for his friend.

We got our shipment of vulcans with the Bowling Green Amateur tournament stamps. I grabbed one of the really cool stamps for myself, but I have no intention of throwing this disc. I really like the wide rim, but I don't see myself having a use for a high speed under stable driver....

Got interrupted, Anyways, I usually throw A Star Valk, Katana and the occasional beast as my drivers. But its looking like I get more consistency and a little more distance from this Vulcan. But the best part of this disc is the name. I run a ball golf trophy and souvenir shop and have to get famous autographs all the time with certificates. So I rolled the dice and sent 3 Star Vulcans to Leonard Nimoys office in LA. His "People" got back to me yesterday :clap: and asked me what I wanted written on them. I told them to write, " Throw Long and Prosper" and his signature. Cant wait to get them and will post pics when I do. I should of sent 10 down there! :doh: :wall:

VulcanDisc005.jpg
[/IMG]

The only way it would be more collectible would be to get all the main actors who have played Vulcans to sign it.

Very awesome.

Why would you throw it into a headwind?

I just got mine, but havn't had a chance to throw it yet. We have 20-35 mile an hour winds right now, so I know I wouldn't get good results if I went out there today. I am going to try for Thursday afternoon, its still going to be cold, but the winds should die down.

Latest posts