• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Whale

Has this been posted yet? From PDGA.com...

t0jl3m.png

Whale+jokes+huh+_79c18ed2fa41f25b3cd930e0d45a34b1.jpg

In the description to the PDGA it says it's called "beefy". This is incorrect and needs to be fixed.

It's blubbery.

It almost seems like innova is doing whatever it can to get discmania out of Mcbeth's bag. First the thunderbird to replace the PD and now (possibly) the whale to take out the P2. I may also be a conspiracy theorist throwing out random paranoid guesses.

It almost seems like innova is doing whatever it can to get discmania out of Mcbeth's bag. First the thunderbird to replace the PD and now (possibly) the whale to take out the P2. I may also be a conspiracy theorist throwing out random paranoid guesses.

Or Innova is recognizing legit gaps in their offering and filling them.

Mc'Whale

mcdonalds-whale-advertising-illustration-filet-o-fish_rawtoastdesign.jpg

It would be a shame to see him drop Discmania fully, but I get it from an image standpoint. If Innova can make a PD and P2 replacement does this mean Discmania finally gets a firebird? :)

Last edited:
Beadless overstable Aviar

Beadless driving putter. Stable without being overstable. Pure, P2, PA2, Warden, Anode all have a touch more stability than a P&A Aviar making them ideal for this kind of thing. I'm personally more a fan of the relatively shallow Pure (in Opto) but they all hit that spot.

Yes. It would be a whole new mold. It takes two molds to make the Nova. One for the core, one for the over mold. Same with any two piece discs. The core gets molded in one machine, then after it has cooled completely, it is place in another machine and the rim is molded onto it.

This is not necessarily true. There are plenty of injection molded parts that utilize rotary platens, we use them on a daily basis at the company I work for. There are videos floating around that show MVP using two different molds, but that doesn't mean it's the only way to mold a two-shot disc. I really need to put a technical thread together...

well they just bit the freak with the thunderbird, not suprised if the whale and p2 are very similar
I have to disagree. Sure the PD & Thunderbird molds are similar but PDs have more of a forward fade. I bought a few Thunderbirds in hopes of being able to replace my PDs. My Champ Thunderbirds just can't compete with my C-PDs.