• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova XD

my 170 champ xd doesnt fly anything like my 175 dx xd
it doesnt seem to have as much glide as the dx and just falls out of the sky
and i always seem to throw it into the dirt

Aviar XD Information Needed

Hello DGCR, I tried searching for this with no luck but if someone wants to prerube me then feel free.
I really like my XD's as a driving and approach disc, not so much as a putter. I know lots of you guys love your aviars. I really would like some info on the aviar xd. It's my understanding that the xd, aviar, and the aviar xd are three different discs. Is this true or am I just misinformed? Second question is what would be the difference between these discs? Third question, is the aviar xd still in production and if not then when did they stop making it?
Thanks, Joe

i believe the aviar xd stood for aviar xtra distance and was the beginning of the xd and has been oop since the 80's..i cld b wrong

Apparently, they exist

I can't tell you about 'em, but they're out there:
attachment.php

Attachments

• Aviar XD.jpg
    Aviar XD.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 163
I always thought they were just really early versions of the XD (a modified Aviar) so nothing different aside from the stamp. The name XD meaning (E)xtra Distance is accurate though. Jay Dub would probably be the man to talk to about this. He's a pretty faithful thrower and recently bid adieu to one of his oldest ones.

one has a bead one does not... IIRC

correction, xd has a bead, aviar xd does not.

8-31-11 is not very recent lol...and that was a dtw bullet xd..not an aviar xd

I guess I thought it wasn't so long ago. He mentions later in the thread that he has replacements, but they are Aviar XDs not DTW XDs. What's different besides the stamp?

And Apdrvya, are you sure about that? It doesn't look like the current XD has a bead. Is it a micro bead like small bead Aviars?

Edit to remove more of my speculatin'.

3P, when are you getting your Maven banner?

Last edited:
The "Aviar XD" discs are just the early XD's. The XD is a low-profile 'Xtra Distance" version of the Aviar. At some point they just started stamping them as XD's.

In the beginning, the XD was a San Marino-tooled beadless disc. At some point in the late 80's/early 90's it was retooled using a new Ontario core and the small bead Aviar wing. A few years ago they went back to the beadless wing. So there are beadless and small bead XD's out there.

There are also big bead XD's. They are called Classic Rocs.

The "Aviar XD" discs are just the early XD's. The XD is a low-profile 'Xtra Distance" version of the Aviar. At some point they just started stamping them as XD's.

That answered all three of my questions and knowing is half the battle.
Thanks Three Putt

Latest posts