• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova XD

My wife stands by her dx XDs. She uses them for drives, or upshots. If it's a longer upshot she may switch to an impact. She puts with 174 SS Wizards. At least they are not an expensive disc.

I've finally 'found' my putter. I'm sure there's a bunch of threads on this disc, but 'XD' is too short to search for.

After trying a buttload of putters, and finally resigning to the fact that I really don't like 'deep' putters, and the way they feel in my hands, I got an XD from my wife for my birthday. I LOVE this thing. I finally feel like my bag is complete.

I've been using challengers forever, and have a stack of 5 of them for the backyard, but still, the depth of it really bothered me, and the fact that I didn't have anything understable for my short game had left a rather large gap in my bag. I have a magnet, and a magic, but they never really worked for me.

This XD is dead straight. I love the fact that I can throw it directly at the basket from 100-150' out, and it will fly right at it. I don't have to factor in the fade, like I do with my Zones. I can just point and shoot.

I have yet to really put anything on it, but I'm guessing they make a great turn-over disc at 200'-250'. I'll have to get it out in the field and play with it.

Any other XD lovers out there?

ummm not quite on topic

but the deep vs shallow issue

I'm actually going the opposite way from you

from a Ringer to Challenger
I feel the need to switch things up a bit

if you haven't tried the Ringer you should
like an XD in depth but with a bead so has an added level of stability

me too ManU..and good idea on the Ringer.. i went through a XD/Dart stage where i thought i just like the shallow rim and then went from Yeti to my beloved KC.. no looking back now.. atleast i hope not cause i got a stack forming lol .. but yeah i know there are a ton of XD fans on here :thmbup:

Any of those challenger the older stamped ones?

I used to throw XD's for upshots until I beat in a pro-d Challenger which took its place.

if you haven't tried the Ringer you should
like an XD in depth but with a bead so has an added level of stability
I have a FR Ringer, and it was just too close to my Zones to find a place in my bag.

Any of those challenger the older stamped ones?

I used to throw XD's for upshots until I beat in a pro-d Challenger which took its place.
They're the newer ones. I have a beat one that flies dead straight, but I just don't like how they feel.

I like XD's and Darts. I think I might use Innova's CFR program to sponsor this tournament I'm setting up. Glow XD's anyone?

Used an XD for a while (DX plastic) and have to agree with you... they fly true. Like you, I liked the fact that I could aim for the chains and not have to account for fade like I needed to with overstable putters (Challenger, Wizard, even Aviars)... just point and shoot. :hfive:

However, I prefer softer plastic for putters, and the XD simply bounced farther on misses and clanks than softer Elite X or FLX plastic does (I know: then don't miss... :doh:) .

Eventually, I found the Soft APX... flies straight, goes where I tell it to, with the soft feel I prefer. Feels good in my hand and stays put better than most.

As for the depth issue... I know what you mean, but it's simply never been a factor to me. Can't say I prefer deep or shallow, I just know I like my Soft (now Swirl) APX. :D

At this point, when I miss (still happens too often), I can honestly says it's me, and I'm not wondering to myself "Would I have made that with a different putter?"

Last edited:
I have a FR Ringer, and it was just too close to my Zones to find a place in my bag.

They're the newer ones. I have a beat one that flies dead straight, but I just don't like how they feel.

Retired my Soft X Challenger for upshots, now using a FLX Challenger.
Probably gets more use than any disc in my bag, that's my bread and butter disc.

I understand. Although out of all the beaded deeper rimmed putter the challenger is the lower profile out of all of them.

It has a slightly smaller bead then the BB Aviar or Wizard. But I get how some people like lo profile putters. Jason Smith (one of our top pros) putts a Classic Roc and his older brother Chad Smith (also a great player in our area) Putts with a XD. Chad is deadly from 45 in with his XD it is ridiculous to watch during league.

I recommend the classic roc for windier days or more stable up shots. All it is is a XD with a bead but it is still very low profile.

You might also like a Classic Roc as hit has a similar feel (same mold 'cept with a bead). Slightly more overstable but not nearly more so as a 'regular' Roc. Consider it as an alternative to your XD when putting into a head wind.

You might also like a Classic Roc as hit has a similar feel (same mold 'cept with a bead). Slightly more overstable but not nearly more so as a 'regular' Roc. Consider it as an alternative to your XD when putting into a head wind.

My Zones are perfect for that.

I really feel like I can quit 'messing around' with plastic now, and start playing this game. I had settled on the rest of my bag, but I was just missing an understable compliment to my Zones. This disc fit the bill perfectly. I'm interested to see how the flight characteristics change as this disc beats in.

I throw the XD's for putts, approach and drives. I have them in dx and champ glo. I love the feel and they are all around great disc. IMO one of the most underrated disc's in the game. The champ glo is much more stable but both have there place. Most putts from within 30' I use a Wizard though.

This XD is dead straight. I love the fact that I can throw it directly at the basket from 100-150' out, and it will fly right at it. I don't have to factor in the fade, like I do with my Zones. I can just point and shoot.

I have yet to really put anything on it, but I'm guessing they make a great turn-over disc at 200'-250'. I'll have to get it out in the field and play with it.

Any other XD lovers out there?

This is dead on. I love my XDs! :thmbup:

For me 200-225 is a good max range for approaching with my XD. I have a 175g new and a 166g turn over XD in my bag.

I just got a champ (not glow) XD and was wondering how it compares to a DX XD?

I can't putt with deep rimmed putters...I went from the wizard to the rhyno to the ringer/zone...

My ringer is straight and my zone is stable. I use the zone for longer putts because I have to put more on it to get to the basket.

I came by the XD by accident. My dad sent me his old disc that we first started playing with and it just happened to be an XD and the love for the straight flyer started there and is continuing. I bought a new one and they both fly consistently on the line I put them on. Will always be a part of my bag.

Christy is an XD-aholic. Her prototype r-pro looks like it has been ran over by a freight train but it is her true putter.

She also uses a star for driving which has been beat to dx stability or instability as it may be.

I love the XD..I wish Innova would make them in premium plastic.I don't count CFR.