• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Instructional Videos

ash81

Par Member
[SIZE=+1]#1 Essential Pro Tip!!![/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Disc Flight Basics[/SIZE]​

[SIZE=+1]DGCR Resident Technique Experts[/SIZE]
Sidewinder22

HyzerUniBomber
rhatton1
Mike C
RandyC - In Finnish with CC in English

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=+1]Shawn Clement[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Mike Maves aka sevam1[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]Steve Pratt[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]Know Your Shots[/SIZE]
Putting
Upshot/Approach
Sidearm
Backhand
Distance Driving
Rollers
Tomahawk
[SIZE=+1]Miscellaneous[/SIZE]
Disc Plastic, PLH (Parting Line Height), Stability

Last edited by a moderator:
:thmbup::thmbup:

Nice work!

Should be a sticky

There was more, but had to shorten due to limits. Hope this helps! I learned a bunch in the process watching old videos I forgot about.

And there goes a few days of my life devoted to watching youtube.

Driving with Dan Beto should be up here also...

Thanks! I was going to have a section with classic DGR but had to make cuts and combine due to limits. In hindsight I could have made two posts, but ah well. And thanks again guys! Glad you like it!

Actually thought of you when I put it up there, Aim. I've seen you bring it up several times and I agree. It still helps me.

Wow! Thanks... Its honestly one of the first videos i remember seeing and be able to show my friends who played why we all sucked really.

Im no great thrower or pro by any means but its very simple to see what makes a good throw and i think a lot of players try to make it too complicated from the get go.

His line about the different body styles and resulting form styles is great. Add in the loose is far mantra and you have a great base to build solid form off of.

Again great thread here putting all this together which im often too lazy even to do the fancy URL link. Very nice work. :clap: lets hope the videos dont go MIA like DGR content can or a mikecv.2

Is HyzerUniBomber loopghost? Btw, loopghost is the guy in HyzerUniBomber's videos.

Should try to get a post in from SW and HUB on a recommended order for working those drills- would be handy :)

Thanks for compiling these!!

Is HyzerUniBomber loopghost? Btw, loopghost is the guy in HyzerUniBomber's videos.

That's me. One in the same:

LoopGhost
HyzerUnibomber
ExcuseMyTriceratops
HeavyDisc

So many sides to my personality!

Should try to get a post in from SW and HUB on a recommended order for working those drills- would be handy :)

I don't know that there's ever going to be a unified field of form fixing. Part of the issue is that people learn physical things so utterly differently. Grip, feet, hand on the outside, head, hips... each person is going to be coming into the starting blocks with different skills and habits.

Once you've got the core athleticism down and you are generally aware of what you are or aren't doing - the best thing I can suggest / harp on, is to video record and immediately review your form, then adjust and repeat daily. You have to become a student of your own form.

I'm gonna give away my biggest "coach HUB" secret here:

After I've worked with a guy in the field for about 2 or 3 sessions, I give them the speech. It is basically this: "I can teach you the core fundamentals, but the rest is going to fall on you. You need to want to master this - or it will not work. Daily field work - with a video camera. Review your footage against mcBeast frame by frame and see what tiny or big things are different. Ask yourself why it's different. Stand in the positions that he's in frame by frame and feel it all the time. Learn it slowly and verify with the camera."

I did this exact thing with Matt who came to me as a rec player:

This is his video. He took it very seriously and improved from a self described mess to substantially better.

It works, but it IS work.

Last edited:
One I would love to see on this list as well is this from Marian Ludwig - (Luma on here and elsewhere) a legit good player (currently 1007 rated after playing for three years) and just a great video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4ozihP00AA

Lots of his form was built from DGR and you can certainly see the influences in his technique.

Lovely video, well shot and edited and fantastically explained by someone who speaks better English than me as a native speaker...

I'm also pretty sure sidewinder had input for him on his critique videos back in the day on DGR.

That's me. One in the same:

LoopGhost
HyzerUnibomber
ExcuseMyTriceratops
HeavyDisc

So many sides to my personality!

I'm on old DGR head and I think it is cool that you acknowledge Blake T and DGR in your videos. Blake is/was a pioneer when it came down to the details of throwing. There was some good discussion to be had on DGR. Fyi, my moniker was on DGR was "sunspot".