• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Instructional Videos

Hey sunspot, what happened to dgr forums? I used to lurk over there and got tons of awesome info when first starting out.

Hey sunspot, what happened to dgr forums? I used to lurk over there and got tons of awesome info when first starting out.

While DGR was alive it was a great forum for good advice and info.I'm sure there may be other reasons as to why it died off but I think the lack of posting caused some of it's downfall. DGCR was starting to pick up more traffic and DGR was losing traffic. The forums in their current state are inaccessible. Thankfully, people can find the info from DGR on here. You have to wade through it and sort out the good and bad advice, however.

Another good thing is that there are guys that are from DGR that post/have posted on DGCR. I imagine most (like myself) usually lurk more than post.

Jr's essays finally broke it.... ;)

Why do the ones from Mike C come up as private on YouTube? A couple I think I could really benefit from as I'm starting out. Thanks for all of this, it's been very helpful to watch these.

I am going to use this fall and winter to build my drive. I say build since my max is about 250.

I see a nice list of videos, but is there any order that I should watch them in, mix creators even? Is the old Dave Feldberg towel snap something to work on for indoor practice?

Thanks in advance.

Just looking for the saddest thread in my subscriptions, as in the longest since activity.. Since the other two are locked....

Babababbump!

Just looking for the saddest thread in my subscriptions, as in the longest since activity.. Since the other two are locked....

Babababbump!

If activity is new posts. Sidewinder's new videos are updated here all the time, I'm not sure about the others. I'm sure this page is probably one of the most active in regards to clicks, especially Post #1. It will be interesting to see if the bump gets new posts.

I am going to use this fall and winter to build my drive. I say build since my max is about 250.

I see a nice list of videos, but is there any order that I should watch them in, mix creators even? Is the old Dave Feldberg towel snap something to work on for indoor practice?

Thanks in advance.

It looks like your post got overlooked. After a couple a years you might have discovered this but if not I would go over to the Form Analysis/Critic forum and look at the first page or so of several threads. Depending on where you are at with your form different videos are recommended. You'll also be able to read different thoughts about the towel snap drill as well.

And bump.. I gotta read these more!

So if I need to break it down and figure out this pendulum swing in the arm to get past 300 (used to be a 370').. What's the Coles notes on these videos or Cliff notes?

I have a Beato style throw but have worked a lot of stuff in over the years but this pendulum seems like a good idea. What if I just wanna break down my throw and try again?

Last edited:
Where is all SpinDoctor's videos???

There is all of his videos, part of these are in finnish, but those which are newer are all in english...

I think that Jaani is a best teacher to this sports in all of the youtube world, and this is because he knows what he is talking about, and he shows by itself all things that he teach, and he fits quite well behind the camera...

Where is all SpinDoctor's videos???

There is all of his videos, part of these are in finnish, but those which are newer are all in english...

I think that Jaani is a best teacher to this sports in all of the youtube world, and this is because he knows what he is talking about, and he shows by itself all things that he teach, and he fits quite well behind the camera...
His simplistic approach to Disc golf really helps.

A lot of us over complicate it.
I love details, and details are fun.

Details confuse people trying to learn. And a few of us in here are really really good at banging the keys on the keyboard and writing overly detailed responses to things.

I speak with Jaani quite a bit, he's very intelligent and been doing the disc golf thing a long time. And through speaking with him about coaching and teaching, I really realized I was just overdoing it everywhere all the time and really backed off on being so complicated while teaching and its helped a ton with teaching and my sanity.