• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Is it ok to Putt with a Midrange in a Tournament?

StarFirebird

Banned
I have a buddy who is pretty good,but he doesn't like putting with Putters. He likes Driving with them,but not for putting duties.

He uses 2 Gold Line Mace's as his putters and was wondering if there is a rule that says you can't use a Mid as a Putter.

He asked me and I told him I don't really know much in the rulebook so to say.

its fine, use a driver if you please.

Saweet! Let us know what he says! I bet he'll be super stoked!

Smart

I putt at tone poles with a Condor!

Smart - they barely fit in some of the baskets but have lots of width to hit a tone pole! They are deadly accurate for approaches - especially if you come from an ultimate background. Most comfortable switching forehand, backhand, hammer, scuber to slider, whatevs. Oh I need to land there - Bazinga!

He thought I was messing with him at first. Then I took a screenshot of this thread.

He didn't text me for a bit then 5 minutes later he said that this is the best day of his life. lol

ahhh the simple pleasures in life. one of my good buddies putts with a roc. he is deadly, so much so i am thinking of hiding it from him for at least a round.

If there's one thing I learned from spotting at tournaments its that EVERYONE has a different way of putting. If it works for you, do it.

I have a buddy who putts 90-95% from 40' and in. And he putts with a Gator. Heck, he usually approaches with a Starfire and throws a Sidewinder for EVERY tee shot. And he routinely beats me.

Different strokes for different folks

i like putting with my flx buzz. i usually throw a dx aviar. but its fast and accurate. also won a ring of fire or two with it by a quick draw and its faster so i was always at the bottom of the basket first!

Is it ok to Putt with a Midrange in a Tournament?
Yes... as long as you sink putts, 'cause that's the only sure fire way to shut up the people that will say you shouldn't be using putting with a mid. ;)

My Vibram Trak is deadly under 50 feet. I love putting with it. Can't drive with it to save my life though. So, it became my go to short game disc. The combination of that and my Obex has improved my game. The people that I play with don't care at all. I've got a friend that totally uses his Roc for anything involving his short game.

Just as legal to putt with a driver or mid as it is to drive with a putter.

I myself putt with my esp Comet probably 60% of the time. Have for years. I'm not recommending it, it's just something I do.