• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] is the Axis in your bag?

Tried to like the MVP lineup but couldn't. Every mold they have out I have something better. The Ion didn't come close to knocking out my wizards and the axis is no buzzz imo. The more option the better though. Also, MVP plastic feels like crap in my hand, especially the putters.

Can others confirm this? Very interested....

They share similar roles but the Axis is a little faster and more stable than most Comets. A domey Z Comet is farily similar but a flat or beat up domey X/ESP Comet has more turn. Obviously an X Comet is much easier to beat in for short range finesse approach shots. Comets give you a lot more options in terms of plastic blends and weights.

Comet throwers should check the Axis out if they're interested.

No the axis has not made the bag.....yet. I havent been able to get a could controlled throw with the grip Ive been using. I do however really like the flight characteristics of the disc

Nope, the Buzzz keeps the spot since the axis can't beat it.

I really like the axis, along with all the other discs mvp makes, but it did not make my bag.

I liked the plastic and the flight characteristics. But right now, the lightest I have found is 174 (most are heavier) and that is still too heavy for me. I use 170ish rocs and comets.

I could see it performing better than rocs and buzzzes, but I am more interested in learning right now and my rocs are more sensitive to proper form.

axis is in the bag, use it more for turnover shots that wont come back, i use the vector more though.
i was surprised on how durable the plastic has been, was a little worried with it being a 2 piece disc.

Nope. i tried em but couldn't get used to how slick the plastic is in cold temperatures. If i can't use it all year-round, i don't want to keep juggling molds per season. I am sticking with comets and cores.

They share similar roles but the Axis is a little faster and more stable than most Comets. A domey Z Comet is farily similar but a flat or beat up domey X/ESP Comet has more turn. Obviously an X Comet is much easier to beat in for short range finesse approach shots. Comets give you a lot more options in terms of plastic blends and weights.

Comet throwers should check the Axis out if they're interested.

I still love my Comets.... I will carry 2-3 still, you can put a lot more air under the comet, the Axis can't do the uphill hyzer stall throw that fades straight down. I think of the Axis as a wind fighting comet, lower lines and EASIER to throw at heavier weights than other discs, the extra 3 or 4g makes a difference in a breeze. Fun to throw, holds a line, turnover/straight/hyzer feels pure and flat, and is a good disc for short FH. Think broken in Buzzz... now there's a disc that may be in danger of being replaced.

If I had a 170ish Axis it might be a different story.

Last edited:
Nope. I really like it, but just can't like it enough to replace other discs with it. If they made it in a softer run and in lighter weights, I could see it making the bag. As is, it does fly well but the one I have is too stable for what I want and doesn't power down well...which unfortunately just doesn't seem to mesh well with the courses I play, while other discs do. I think the Core is superior and it stays in the bag always, along with the lycan and a couple other under/overstable mids.

I never thought my green FR Axis was going to replace my Fuse but once it got beat in I was hitting all the same shots. Paired with my glow Axis so it's easy to tell them apart and my FR Vector and glow Vector I have a consistent mid setup. That feels the same in the hand and are very workable, great form indactors, and fly a mile beat my 2 favorite disc ( Fuse, Pain) out of the bag and I'm a Latitude fan boy.

Yes. It is my main mid and has taken many shots away from my fairway drivers. My orange glow is the best, followed by my orange FR then green FR. I recently purchased a green glow because it is the color I prefer, but it is a touch too stable and has a touch less glide. I am trying to break it in, but it is still the best stable mid I have ever thrown. Paired with an XG Champ Roc+, Cryztal Meteor, and Cryztal FLX Drone and I have everything covered.

Yes, I love that thing. Mine is the straightest disc in my bag. Holds basically any line you put it on.

We had a couple fr in the shop so I took one out and compared it to my buzzzes. Its mightve been the feel in my hand compared to the buzzz but I couldn't get a good consistent release with them. They also didn't go as far a s my buzzzes did when driving off the tee. My barstamps will probably always stay in the bag.

We had a couple fr in the shop so I took one out and compared it to my buzzzes. Its mightve been the feel in my hand compared to the buzzz but I couldn't get a good consistent release with them. They also didn't go as far a s my buzzzes did when driving off the tee. My barstamps will probably always stay in the bag.

Very few people have been able to just pick it up and be able to throw it perfectly right away. It takes a little getting used to. Mine were fighting hard with champ sharks for a good 2 months till I decided to stick with it.

I'm sure there's another axis thread I could ask this in, but in light of the "is it in the bag" question, my answer is no. And my reason is because of my experience with the ion. The plastic is so slick and I can't get past it. Now putters are one thing and mids are another but it's been reason enough for me to steer clear so far. I throw buzzes, a Buzzz SS a wasp and a comet as my mids. They cover all the bases and i like them quite well. But I'm open to someone talking me into an axis! Haha. Anyone? What benefits outweigh the plastic feel.

Latest posts