• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Is there a beadless Comet?

Legacy Icon Gauge. Flight of a Comet; feel of a Meteor.

There is no such thing as a comet that isn't a comet. There can only be one. Deal with the bead.

There is no such thing as a comet that isn't a comet. There can only be one. Deal with the bead.

That's basically it. A Comet without a bead isn't really a Comet. That's why I recommend the Flying Squirrel. Sure it's more understable but a Comet without a bead would be a bit more understable. It's shaped a whole lot like a Comet, just sans bead.

I'd say your best bet is to try a Mako, Mako3 or Atlas. One of the 3 is bound to be to your liking. Especially because you want it beadless in premium plastic.

Yea, but comparing the two it's almost like the Tangent is beadless. Feels much better in the hand. Plus the flat profile helps.

Theory is also an excellent option.

Id agree with how the tangent feels beadless. Its not as pronounced as it is on the comet.

I've never thrown a comet but from what I've read and seen the compass would do well as a beadless comet. Can anyone, that's thrown both, comment on the flight similarities? For me the compass will hold any line with a bunch of glide, right out of the box.

So, what other beaded mids are close to a Comet?

Ontario Roc

Nothing else I've ever tried has come close to flying like a comet really. It's ability to have neutral flight over a large range of speed is really what sets it apart.