• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Is there a CA curve??

...There's plenty of risk/reward on dela's greens. Take hole two (in the ledge position) for instance. Lets say you get a good drive and land the disc within 30 feet of the basket. You then have a decision to make. Shall I go for it and risk missing the basket and going down the steep hill? Or shall I lay it up and take my 3? That is as pure as risk/reward gets in my book. If you overshoot your layup and end up going down the hill anyways, then you lack the skill to execute a decent layup...something you need at Dela.

Every hole at Dela plays that way, I think. There are risk/reward factors on every hole. And there are also possible shots that are so extremely difficult that only top pros can dare to execute them (think about the tunnel over the refridgerator valley on the kitchen hole for the far right pin position), and thereby distinguish themselves from the common lot who might just be hitting lucky putts that day. This is a fantastic course, allowing the very best players to truly stand-out.

Hole 2 might be a 260 foot hole, but it is a severe uphill, so it plays more like 375-425. In the ledge position, the basket is situated at the top of a steep dropoff. There's nothing flukey about it. Either you go at it or you don't.

Also you and Chuck seem to be assuming that I'm a rec player or something. In fact, I took pro cash at my first attempt at playing pro. I play with top level pros all the time, so its not like I'm some rec player who has no clue.

i wouldn't make such an assumption for a guy who has been playing for 17 years. and how could i have known? if i make any assumptions then it would be to consider most people average skilled players until proven otherwise.

i've never played the course so i didn't realize the elevation or pin placement. good to know. perhaps i should've kept my mouth shut in the first place. :doh:

Here's the thing about putting at Dela. You have to commit one way or the other. If you're going to lay up, you have to go at the lock. If you're gong to putt, you have to go at the chains, with authority. The throws that get you in trouble are the half assed putt/layup shots where you're trying to not go too far past if you miss. Those will mess you up every time.

Amen. :thmbup:

i wouldn't make such an assumption for a guy who has been playing for 17 years. and how could i have known? if i make any assumptions then it would be to consider most people average skilled players until proven otherwise.

i've never played the course so i didn't realize the elevation or pin placement. good to know. perhaps i should've kept my mouth shut in the first place. :doh:

Don't worry about it dread. Dela won't even be a point of contention at worlds since everyone knows what the course is like. Pinto Lake, on the other hand...whoa!

Don't worry about it dread. Dela won't even be a point of contention at worlds since everyone knows what the course is like. Pinto Lake, on the other hand...whoa!

I've heard that the Ryan Ranch course is simply killer. I'll try to play it in a couple weeks, and post a review.

Latest posts