• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Is this a Foot Fault?

How tall are you?
Now stretch your arm into the air, how tall is that?

Now one person is standing straight up at the marked lie, and one is falling towards the basket, how much closer is that person?

yup, 3-8'

....Ummm armspan might be 8', but you only use one arm. I'll give you 3-4' advantage and that's about it. Elvis, the people like you are why there are 'things holding back our sport'.

Or, everyone could play from the same spot.

LOL. New tourney style! You've got 4 people playing singles, like quads. Everybody throws, negates their drive and just plays from the same spot on every throw :)
It'll be the most exciting round ever.

I know that wasn't what you intended, but you should be clearer.

I understand that, my point was that his analogy was a poor one.

My point is you can not land past the line.(in bball)

Obviously people 30' away are doing just that in disc golf. Let people leap frog from 50' away, but 30' is just ridiculous.

....Ummm armspan might be 8', but you only use one arm. I'll give you 3-4' advantage and that's about it. Elvis, the people like you are why there are 'things holding back our sport'.

Yes. My reach out will not be a full 8', but believe it or not, I am not the tallest person on earth, someone else may be able to reach out farther. :thmbup:

If they release before they jump, what's the issue? You gotta have a foot next to your marker regardless of jump or standing putt.

If they release before they jump, what's the issue? You gotta have a foot next to your marker regardless of jump or standing putt.

Apparently some people can do this while extending 8' closer to the target.....not sure how, but Teebird Elvis says they can so it must be true.

Do you also need to stand within 30 cm's of the line, or can you stand further away if you wish? Why even compare to basketball? there is absolutely no similarties apart from trying to hit a basket with objects that are nowhere near similar.

Do you also have a problem with people stepping out of the tee box after the drive? If not, why not?

Obviously people 30' away are doing just that in disc golf. Let people leap frog from 50' away, but 30' is just ridiculous.
You can't land past the line on a 30' putt either just like free throw. You can outside of 32.8' though, more similar to a 3 pointer although unlike a 3 pointer you must still have a point of contact behind the lie and no points of contact in front of the lie before release.