• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Is this disc ruined?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Animage

Double Eagle Member
my 168g dx teebird.

It met some concrete. I put it away soon as I picked it up and didn't throw it again. Very noticable feel and look even from about 15 feet away when i ran up to it.

Slightly scared to throw it again, until I find out its just fine or not.

GetAttachment.aspx

We have no idea if it's ruined or not, we aren't there to see how it flew then or after the accident.

Not really enough info, just go to an open field and launch it about 25 good times and determine if it's consistent for you.

Find something to aim at if you don't own a portable basket. See how many times from a certain distance you get within the circle. If it's going where you want it to, that's a good thing, if it's not then pull it out of the bag and find a replacement.

Make sure to do it on a calm day though, testing in the wind is just going to discourage you.

Hard to say with the dx plastic. Depending on how hard (and how) you hit it, it may be a little less stable now. But I also doubt that one hit would change it that much.

The picture doesnt show it at all and ofc my phone wants to die on me.

The gouge on the right is about an 1/8th of an inch into the disc.

Downhill hole, about 320 feet. I gave it air under it stupidly and was about 75 feet easily off the ground near the basket, about the distance down the slope. Caught up in the wind, hyzered hard left and just dove straight down. I'm super surpised but there was not much bounce at all when it landed, pretty much straight into the concrete and fell over.

The rim is missing the outer edge so when i hold it up, it no longer looks like a complete circle.

I'll field toss it tomorrow, but I'm almost just wanting to toss it in the garbage or give it to the neighbor's dog.

Ha.. Little bit of concrete and ask if it's ruined. There are walking trails next to every hole at my home course and 6 of 9 have fairways made out of thick chunky asphault. No disc is ruined until it turns a d burns everytime or looks like a pitbulls chew toy. Trust me, if your teebird is ruined then so is very single disc in my bag, which fly just fine.

Lmfao, this has to be one of the funniest threads I've seen. The most vague description I've ever read. I'd say it barely scraped it and is just barely even hurt it. You need to throw it to find out, unless it's DEEPLY gouged you'll just have to throw it to find out. We can't be the judge of it.

Don't throw a damaged disc. It could explode on you. You wouldn't climb on damaged climbing equipment, or jump out of an airplane with a damaged parachute would you? If you want, you can ship it to me and I can take a look at it, stress it, certify it to see if it still meets specs and ship it back to you for one low, low price of $19.95.

Dude! Throw it to see if you like the way it flies! That is the answer to your question!

I am going to say yes since the disc is a DX... chip in the extra 4 bucks and get a Champ... they will last you 10x longer..

Champion plastic is way over rated. Wearing in a less durable plastic flies much better, glides better and is more useful.

Just dx plastic go buy another one

Grab a Kleenex, stop frickin crying, go throw the dam thing and then determine if it needs replaced...afterall whats 7-8 bucks for a new one..mow a lawn or 2 on sunday and there you go...Geeeeez.:wall:

Status
Not open for further replies.