• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Issues with the DD ranger bag should we be concerned?

NatiBuckeye

Eagle Member
From DD:

Dynamic Discs Supporter,

You are being contacted because you recently took part in the pre-sale of our new bag line. We had originally posted in the product description that the bags were expected to arrive on April 1st and ship at that time. After inspection of the final product, we realized that the sidewalls of the Ranger backpack were not strong enough to support additional weight in the top compartment if it was overloaded with water, discs, etc. The bags were also packaged in a way that caused them to become slightly smashed and warped in transit.

We immediately contacted OGIO with our concerns and discussed the possible options. The entire shipment was packed up and ready to leave the factory at this time so any change was going to back up the delivery date. The original sidewalls were made with a 1.0mm plastic sidewall and we increased the thickness to 2.0mm. We also made an adjustment to the packing to ensure that these bags would not become smashed or warped in transit. We want to produce the highest quality product and unfortunately this came at a higher cost to us and a slightly delayed delivery date for you. We just want to ensure you that we are doing everything that we can to build the best quality products on the market and appreciate your support.

Seems like the best possible decision they could have made. Sucks to wait longer for those who ordered. But I'm sure they'd rather wait and receive a quality product. They've inevitably noticed the bad word of mouth Prodigy was receiving for their sloppiness.

Last edited:
they may have noticed the issues with Prodigy, but I'm more inclined to think that Jeremy Rusco would have made this decision regardless of Prodigy. Rusco is in incredibly sharp guy and runs a business well.

Question:

I looked for a thread and on the DD website for specifics on the bag. Especially the material used for construction.

Anyone know what these are made of?

The dimensions?

Anyone seen a proto in person? Trying to see how it measures up to Grip, Prodiscus, etc.

Question:

I looked for a thread and on the DD website for specifics on the bag. Especially the material used for construction.

Anyone know what these are made of?

The dimensions?

Anyone seen a proto in person? Trying to see how it measures up to Grip, Prodiscus, etc.

I play with the ones they have on display. They seem like good bags all around. I like the commander. I've used Ogio for golf bags for many years they make good stuff. DD did the right thing and didn't put out a subpar product with their name on it. It's what others should do in disc golf.

I agree it was a good customer service move. Yet for the first time I'm concerned with the material the bags are made of.

I agree it was a good customer service move. Yet for the first time I'm concerned with the material the bags are made of.

You can look at it like that, or you can look at it from the perspective that Dynamic could've taken a gamble and shipped the preorders knowing there could be problems. I would personally happily wait a little longer for a better bag knowing Dynamic is being proactive with a new product's quality.

I'll admit the "sub-standard" (the standard being 1000D, and that isn't even the issue causing the delay) nylon threw up issues for me, but I've dealt with Dynamic on a ton of orders (all disc orders, mind you) and have never been disappointed.

Seems like the best possible decision they could have made. Sucks to wait longer for those who ordered. But I'm sure they'd rather wait and receive a quality product.
400D nylon, 600D poly. Well below any other bag on the market for disc golf. Standard for normal backpacks made by Ogio.

For their cost I do not think the are a quality product. Knock $50-75 off that cost.

I'm not a specs guy. I have had a Fade tourney bag for three years and have never had an issue besides the way it fits. Anyone know what they are made of to compare?

Fade are a low quality material as well....but their prices reflect this.

I know Ogio is a great bag company out of Utah. But I'm 99% sure they are manufactured in China, correct? (Yes, I'm aware that the Chinese crank out a superior quality product)

Yes, I'm aware that the Chinese crank out a superior quality product

Honestly if you are into RC cars they have the best electronic engines for the cost. You pay 5x more for a USA company (still made in China) for the same product different color.
Their shoe making ability is awful though.

I'm not a specs guy. I have had a Fade tourney bag for three years and have never had an issue besides the way it fits. Anyone know what they are made of to compare?

Like smyith said, lower quality materials, but you can also find a tourney bag for under $50. I would bet it's still higher grade than 400D nylon, though.

I know Ogio is a great bag company out of Utah. But I'm 99% sure they are manufactured in China, correct? (Yes, I'm aware that the Chinese crank out a superior quality product)

Yes, overseas manufacturing, like the regular production bags for Grip.

Honestly if you are into RC cars they have the best electronic engines for the cost. You pay 5x more for a USA company (still made in China) for the same product different color.
Their shoe making ability is awful though.
I agree! Been looking for a good bag made in the USA! Not too many options in backpack style that i know of.