• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Jablines, Paris, France

Snaques

Eagle Member
So what's the latest on Jablines? How is the summer Euro Disney and holiday season affecting the area?

Are there traffics? All holes open?

I'm on a business trip in Paris and plan to go there tomorrow. How late can you play there at this time of year?

Also, any place to buy a new driver anywhere close? Only took my Buzzz and Pure with me....:D

Well, that didn't go quite as planned. :\

So today after work I drove 1h45min to reach the place only to learn that the whole area closes at 6:30pm. That pretty much ruins any chances of playing there during business trips.

I'm still considering staying for the weekend next time I'm over here. Would be pity to come so close and never actually play there. :doh: :D

When I went to Paris, the user "thezulu" gave me a lot of helpful information. I don't know if he's still active here anymore though.

This Facebook Group is another good resource. You can just post there and people will help you out. You might be able to get a ride to Jablines.

The Paris train system is extraordinarily big and complex. It's possible to get close to Jablines, but I remember it being a bit tricky. I didn't go to Jablines because it was too complicated.

I've played it. But I'll have to return for a more setailed response. Have about 2 minutes left of work and I'm gone.

We started at hole 6 as we couldn't find 1-5. There's a decent sized club in Paris so try to contact them well in advance. Theres some serious elevation on some land in the back of the park that wasn't on our map.

Also, people are *******s in Paris. Great sites to see but the feeling like the locals don't want you there is real, try not to let it bother you, give them the one handed salute if need be. Or tell them you learned the french salute and raise both hands in an "I surrender" way.

And take a day out of your trip and ride the train to Amsterdam. Thank me later.

Last edited:
Also, people are *******s in Paris. Great sites to see but the feeling like the locals don't want you there is real, try not to let it bother you, give them the one handed salute if need be. Or tell them you learned the french salute and raise both hands in an "I surrender" way.

And take a day out of your trip and ride the train to Amsterdam. Thank me later.

Nailed it.

I've never had anything but an amazing time in Paris and found everyone to be pretty helpful and friendly. I did do my best to learn the most basic of phrases in French. A little effort goes a long way, even if you're asking them if they know English. The experience I had in Paris was different from my wife's but she didn't make any effort whatsoever. Beautiful city and the sights are top notch. We've been twice now and we wouldn't hesitate to go back.

Public transit to Jablenes is limited. We didn't even get to play because Sunday is the only day we could and there's not a lot of buses each day to and from Paris and we had already missed the first.(2012).

Amsterdam is amazing in its own way. The whole city has a different vibe than just about anywhere else I've ever been. Wonder why that is? I didn't get a chance to play Sloterpark but my brother in law did and thoroughly enjoyed the course.

Ok so I finally made it. :clap:
I extended my business trip last week so I could stay one day in Jablines without any time limitations.

At least in September the park opened at 10am and closed at 6:30pm. The entry fee was 6€. You should definitely check the latest times and fees from the park's website before playing there, since they change depending on the time of the year.

What comes to french people being *******s, I don't agree. I know they can be a bit ignorant in hotels/restaurants/shops, but that is only part of the story. I actually met some french players at Jablines as well as in Bois le Roi and both were very friendly and helpful. In Jablines I actually was invited to play with them when I asked for directions.

What comes to the course, you should really ask for some directions from the club or have a guide with you. There are no hole signs or up to date maps easily available (some are available if you ask for the park personnel). Also there are number of different layouts which will make it even harder to play alone. On top of that many of the holes require spotters.

The holes are actually pretty nice and challenging. Biggest challenges come from the distance (mostly >100m) and the OBs that include the lake that is going around one side of the course. Most of the scenery is fields with some bushes here and there.

The problem is that the park is huge and the grass is cut only now and then, so if the grass is long it is very easy to lose your discs there. The lake will take its' own as well if you don't pay attention to the shore line.

I thoroughly enjoyed my rounds with the french guides and may visit the place again later on. I will defo ask for someone to join me though, since playing alone in Jablines is not a tempting proposition.