• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Johne McCray throwing trilogy!!!!

Can we start calling the others team innovillennmania? Lol .
good for JohnE wish him the best. I imagine he will play about the same as he always has. I still have some of his old innova from before gateway existed. He would beat most people throwing a hubcap, a pie tin and a Pringles lid.

I try to call them the Lat Group. Much like Hammer, the term Trilogy just irks me.

I just don't like the name because it sounds like a cult...

(I do bag 4 molds from them and love the plastic feel when it's not wet)

What I find interesting with pro's on the Trilogy sponsorship is what ends up in their bag, with how many molds to choose from. How much they cross the different companies together rather than keeping each speed range within one brand. Or if they just bag the whole lineup like Feldberg.

The Wizard putting thing is one issue, but he also drove insanely far with them. So that will be an interesting thing to see what he goes to. If you throw hundreds of putts a day switching to a new putter can't be that hard...I mean they don't fly that far when you putt. But changing your overall approach disc that you can also drive 350'+ on different lines, then that is an issue.

Personally, I'm more bothered by the fact that some people are already saying JohnE is Team Trilogy. Team Trilogy is a fan club that anyone can buy their way into. Team Latitude 64 (or Team 64) is the sponsored team that JohnE is becoming a part of.

If you're going to throw around insults at least make it factual. It doesn't cost anything to join Team Trilogy. If you already throw the discs and are a member of the PDGA, which is who the team is designed for, then it costs nothing to become a member.

If you're going to throw around insults at least make it factual. It doesn't cost anything to join Team Trilogy. If you already throw the discs and are a member of the PDGA, which is who the team is designed for, then it costs nothing to become a member.

Please let this argument go. One stupid comment isn't worth bringing it back up.

I was more referring to the fact that to be Team Trilogy, you generally do have to buy the discs required to be a part of the team. Whereas a member of Team Latitude64 can fill their bag with discs provided to them for free by the company.

I'm not sure why that statement can be interpreted as an insult to anyone. Nowhere have I disparaged Team Trilogy. Only tried to emphasize the difference between a fan club and a sponsored team.

Way to always keep it classy. You seem to encourage suicide a lot.

Well that's putting words in the mouth. I never said you should do that. Just that if you're hurting so much on the inside from a man's decision to throw new discs that has no effect on you maybe you should just let go of the struggle. Life is too hard when you are concerned with other people's choice huh?

I just don't like the name because it sounds like a cult...

(I do bag 4 molds from them and love the plastic feel when it's not wet)

What I find interesting with pro's on the Trilogy sponsorship is what ends up in their bag, with how many molds to choose from. How much they cross the different companies together rather than keeping each speed range within one brand. Or if they just bag the whole lineup like Feldberg.

The Wizard putting thing is one issue, but he also drove insanely far with them. So that will be an interesting thing to see what he goes to. If you throw hundreds of putts a day switching to a new putter can't be that hard...I mean they don't fly that far when you putt. But changing your overall approach disc that you can also drive 350'+ on different lines, then that is an issue.

I'm betting he falls in love with Pures for driving putters.

Well that's putting words in the mouth. I never said you should do that. Just that if you're hurting so much on the inside from a man's decision to throw new discs that has no effect on you maybe you should just let go of the struggle. Life is too hard when you are concerned with other people's choice huh?

You should maybe just finish the job if it concerns you what the man throws on the course. :D

Looks like you put the words in your mouth, silly.

I was more referring to the fact that to be Team Trilogy, you generally do have to buy the discs required to be a part of the team. Whereas a member of Team Latitude64 can fill their bag with discs provided to them for free by the company.

I'm not sure why that statement can be interpreted as an insult to anyone. Nowhere have I disparaged Team Trilogy. Only tried to emphasize the difference between a fan club and a sponsored team.

Well that's what I'm saying you aren't required to buy anything FOR the team and to be a member. It was created as a fun competition for those who already did. Disc golf networking for people with common disc tastes.

I guess the insult part of it is you said you were bothered by it as if that's something that should be demeaning to the guy. Like Dusty said he's joining both. Will probably dominate both as well.

All good. I just wanted to be clear that no one is expected nor encouraged to buy any discs or a PDGA membership just to be a part of Team Trilogy. It's for people who already have these things and are just looking for some cool stamps, discounts on gear they already buy, and a network of people who throw the same discs so they can meet up or stay with each other on the road at various tournaments.

I'm betting he falls in love with Pures for driving putters.

I wouldn't be surprised. I think the biggest difficulty will be finding blends of plastic he likes...gateway had SO many blends of Wizards.

Looks like you put the words in your mouth, silly.

Don't worry bro. I'm starting a support group for people who are dying on the inside from another man's choice to change sponsors. I know in these trying times you are wondering where to go for help and how you'll even go on with life. There's going to be punch in the lobby and free innova minis for those who need something familiar to cling to.

Can't wait for his "in the bag". Just so interesting to see what a pro chooses and why...

Can we all just agree that not being associated with salient anymore is the best move he could have made for his career.

So much ridiculous hate. Good for JohnE.

Unless a company is portraying Dg in a bad light or somehow killing your fun on the course, why would you give them so much crap? If y'all don't like their plastic, name, or hype then move along. I think that's even in the rules around here somewhere.

Latest posts