• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Johne McCray throwing trilogy!!!!

Fair point, I should have chosen my wording more appropriately. What would you call the 3 companies, legitimately?

For a while people kept saying Dynamicside64 or some garbage.

That sounds better to me than calling it Trilogy

Just to share some history with you guys .. the term Trilogy with reference to the 3 companies came about on the L64/DD/Ws facebook fan group as simply a shorter term to reference the 3 companies as a collective when discussing it on facebook .. instead of having to type "Latitude 64, Dynamic Discs & Westside Discs" all the time (personally I just did "L64/DD/WS" to shorten it, but that's just me). It was the companies that took that term and embraced it and started using it more "officially", ie. Trilogy Challenge.

Last edited:
That was the same group that would lose it's collective mind at the mere suggestion of using a disc made by another manufacturer. I witnessed this firsthand, after hearing about it. I joined mostly out of curiosity that no one could possible be that obsessive about a disc maker. It was really, really odd, and relatively entertaining. I then got banned for telling a guy that the only thing that flies like a Teebird, is a Teebird.

Last edited:
That was the same group that would lose it's collective mind at the mere suggestion of using a disc made by another manufacturer. I witnessed this firsthand, after hearing about it. I joined mostly out of curiosity that no one could possible be that obsessive about a disc maker. It was really, really odd, and relatively entertaining.

it's calmed down a bit, but it's still kinda crazy ;) there's 6000 members , how can it not be? :doh:

I fondled all the plastic in the DD truck this week so I can see why he'd want to make that jump. Good for him.

Count me among those who don't care for the Trilogy name. I agree that Trinity would be more appropriate, but the religious overtone of that might be equally as troubling to some. (Not JohnE, apparently.)

It's funny, looking back on all the discs I didn't buy at the truck last week, the Dagger is the one I wish I had. I really liked the feel even though I profess to wanting a low-profile putter.

To get back on topic and share in the joy with JohnE, I am stoked for this change and am expecting great things. JohnE and Dynamic Discs are two stand up entities (Latitude and Westside by association with Dynamic fall into that category as well for me) and I am sure it will be good for both entities.:clap:

I'll be playing against JohnE and his new bag in a couple weeks, should be fun to see what he is throwing. I was really surprised to see hi make the switch, he seemed to really love his Salient Sig disc and was telling everyone about it last time I played with him. Regardless, its awesome to see him get a deal with a big time manufacturer.

I fondled all the plastic in the DD truck this week so I can see why he'd want to make that jump. Good for him.

Count me among those who don't care for the Trilogy name. I agree that Trinity would be more appropriate, but the religious overtone of that might be equally as troubling to some. (Not JohnE, apparently.)

It's funny, looking back on all the discs I didn't buy at the truck last week, the Dagger is the one I wish I had. I really liked the feel even though I profess to wanting a low-profile putter.

Triumvirate.

I guess it doesn't exactly roll off the tongue.

Triad.

Don't worry bro. I'm starting a support group for people who are dying on the inside from another man's choice to change sponsors. I know in these trying times you are wondering where to go for help and how you'll even go on with life. There's going to be punch in the lobby and free innova minis for those who need something familiar to cling to.

I like punch and minis, I will show up for sure.

Start a poll with the only option as BOTH, and that'll be the answer...

At least MVP fanbois post in a more positive way...plus they are open to using another manufacturer's products if they care to have a warp speed driver...

Very interesting, especially with not even a mention towards salient. Time to grab some popcorn and watch DGCR go wild. If only it were MVP...then it would have imploded.

It's actually spelled Y-I-K-U-N, but pronounced as Salient.

trilogy people calling other people annoying? it's a brave new dgcr world.