• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Johne McCray throwing trilogy!!!!

Just talked to him at Limona. Thought he might like judges for putting (wizard look) but he dosn't feel they have enough overstability for his style. He has it down between harps, daggers and shields.

Hmm, interesting. The Harp is really low profile and the Dagger is super high profile. Shield is somewhere in between. Seems that they all have a drastically different feel to them. I am now curious to see what he picks. I am guessing Shield, but I bet he bags the others for situational stuff.

the DB mods deleted this but its going under noticed. JM was neglecting his family. And trilogy offered him an offer he couldnt refuse.

Everyone here has to understand in better interest of his family, he did the right choice.

It's crazy to me how much heat Salient has caught for this when Innova/Millineum/Discmania have done it for years.

No worries, I think it's equally as lame when other companies do it. I would say it comes with the territory, especially when you dub yourself a game-changer. If those type of companies don't want to catch that type of criticism, then be original. If they can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen.

Can we start calling the others team innovillennmania? Lol .
good for JohnE wish him the best. I imagine he will play about the same as he always has. I still have some of his old innova from before gateway existed. He would beat most people throwing a hubcap, a pie tin and a Pringles lid.
You forget a few [emoji90]

No worries, I think it's equally as lame when other companies do it. I would say it comes with the territory, especially when you dub yourself a game-changer. If those type of companies don't want to catch that type of criticism, then be original. If they can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen.

We're still cooking and will continue to do so.

It's funny how everyone seems to know how and what JohnE and us at Salient did together. We in fact prepaid him for disc sales on his first signature disc, Reign. Salient and JohnE are good. We wish him the best and we look forward to the Cam Comeback tour. Talk about a putter....

I stand corrected. Thanks.

Some of the wording in their initial PR was not the best wording. But in my dealings with the Salient guys they have been extremely helpful and fair.

When I came up with the idea for the East Meets West Challenge they supported that event in a big way and it was a great success. We hope to do another one in the spring.

Plus I havent found a plastic I like better than liquid, it's like a gummy CE that no one else had quite gotten down.

Good, great for those guys. Not developing their own discs will no doubt help concentrate efforts to produce various new blends of plastic.

It's a shame his 2015 season won't be as successful as 2014.

Changing discs will really take a toll on his game.

Yeah. Cause he didn't almost win the USDGC throwing a Salient disc that was just released.

Tiger woods could be Tiger with Calloway or Nike. Just stop with the idea that a new company ruins people.

Yeah. Cause he didn't almost win the USDGC throwing a Salient disc that was just released.

Tiger woods could be Tiger with Calloway or Nike. Just stop with the idea that a new company ruins people.

thats not a great comparison... a set of tuned clubs is not the same as completely different shaped discs. and nobody seems to play consistently with 'trilogy' stuff anyways. from dave feldberg to my brother who gets the strangest flights from some of his foreign stuff. and if theres even a breeze forget about it.

disc golf is all about confidence. look how weird people are about their putters? johne is going to be thinking about his wizards all the time. every missed putt there will be some part of his brain that sparks and thinks about wizards.

thats not a great comparison... a set of tuned clubs is not the same as completely different shaped discs. and nobody seems to play consistently with 'trilogy' stuff anyways. from dave feldberg to my brother who gets the strangest flights from some of his foreign stuff. and if theres even a breeze forget about it.

disc golf is all about confidence. look how weird people are about their putters? johne is going to be thinking about his wizards all the time. every missed putt there will be some part of his brain that sparks and thinks about wizards.

As crazy as this seems to people, I have to agree at least in part with this thought. While the trilogy has a lot of comparable molds to JohnE's Gateway staples, they do lack that Wizard-clone. The judge doesn't have the same stability & the shield is beadless. I think JohnE has a strong enough game to overcome it, but it's going to be an up hill battle. I wish him all the luck in the world though, he's a hell of a competitor.

trilogy sucks chit in the wind. thats why i stopped throwing the saint.

a putter is a putter. some people get all wrapped up in that chit. give me magnet and ill do the same as i would with my favorite pna aviar. if you cant get past that you suck

No pro disc golfer ever switched companies because the new company had better plastic. Its because the new company offered a better sponsorship.

Well, unless they were perhaps sponsored by Lightning or Quest AT. That might be the exception.

trilogy sucks chit in the wind. thats why i stopped throwing the saint.

a putter is a putter. some people get all wrapped up in that chit. give me magnet and ill do the same as i would with my favorite pna aviar. if you cant get past that you suck

Throws understable disc into the wind and expects it to be beefy. Lol