• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Join me on my distance/weight loss journey.

Can I get a timeout here?

Watching in regular speed it looks like your striding right to left on hyzer flip line but are simultaneously doing a ninja move to the target. Slowing it down, frame by frame, it looks like you start right to left then after you send your rear foot targetward it appears to change your stride direction a little (more targetward) and you seem to finish almost left to right with your final step.

I don't know what I'm asking, I guess if you just have any comment on your plan of attack or thought process and if this is how you always do it, etc. Please
I'm shaping a little right to left hyzer shot, not hyzer-flip. The first 2 steps to the left just give me room on the tee pad and turn my body to setup a lateral move/kick the can in the direction of the trajectory with the last 2 steps.

Here I'm throwing a left to right hyzer-flip distance shot, so I'm kicking the can the same way, but setup to the left in the direction of the trajectory.

Hammer throw and couple standstills. Hammer throw cut off early (im throwing it at the very end), but it went as far as my other throws with me barely trying. It felt good. Trying to be more smooth with less jerking

That's looking sexy! :clap: Does your grip on the disc feel similar to the hammer?

YESSSSSSSSSS!!!! Haha i knew when i filmed and watched these throws that it was big improvement! Now i have to stay on it! So freaking pumped right now

You're starting everything leaning away from the target, rather than having that athletic tilt forward so that you are "attacking" the teepad and carrying yourself down momentum line in balance.

I'm also seeing you really turned back as the left foot is just touching down and then reaching back with the arm, rather than doing a backswing in leverage on the left leg.

I noticed both of those things when I threw today. I could feel that I was getting no leverage from the back leg and the timing of the reach back was all off. I need to hit the field and get my timing/weight shift down

Yeah your rear foot is backwards and can't leverage your hips forward from your instep. So your head is in the wall behind your rear foot in Hershyzer 2, and you are kicking the ball with your heels instead of the sides of your feet.

Kicking the ball drills are going to be money for me. I can tell it fix so much of my footwork issues. I think its all downhill from there. So SW, what is your opinion of Jamie Sadlowski's golf swing? Ive always been a big fan of watching him crush some 400 yard drives

I love watching Jamie and Bubba, they are basically the same swing, watch their heels trade up/down positions.

For disc golf footwork I think the classic swings(Hogan, Nicklaus, Greg Norman) are better to learn from.

Hershyzer, need to start with butt turned more targetward. You also jump off the rear foot and plant too far away.

Kick the can, your stance is too wide and ball too far away from your rear foot. And not turning the leg swing back far enough, butt turn. Again you jump off the rear foot to reach out to the ball instead of leveraging more through the rear foot in the ground and it getting pulled off the ground by the momentum of the swing/kick and weightshift going forward.

a little better here, but still hopping some. Going to work on this more tomorrow. I have to get it to where im striding sideways, but still getting my butt/hips turned to leverage the shot. I think sometimes i try to get the butt involved, but i just turn backwards, have to correct myself, and then end up in a horse stance with no lower body involved. Slowly getting better

Yeah, those kicks look more like push passes rather than whipping the foot through the ball to score a goal.

Im starting to get the "feel" of when im doing things correct. It is like when I am getting a good shoulder turn and leading with my butt, I feel a great deal of energy building up from the inside of my rear foot that needs to be released

Cant get my stance closed for the life of me. Also still have my weight too far back. I worked and worked on this today with a slight improvement. I feel like my standstill is really good. It is when i try to turn it into a x step that it all goes downhill.

These throws felt a little more powerful. It just feels foreign which I think is a good thing. If it doesnt rain tomorrow, im gonna get some field work in

Landing "Darkside" with no balance or leverage forward of rear foot due to "early reachback" and turning back on wrong foot with spine tilted away from target.
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3379677&#post3379677

In the Open to Closed Drill, you shouldn't be striding forward after turning back. Just turn back and drop forward. Weight shifts forward, shoulder goes forward and arm/disc just lags behind taut like heavy door frame.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-01-23 at 10.12.53 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-01-23 at 10.12.53 PM.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 140
That picture explains so much. What do you use to mark those up by the way? Id like to get better at analyzing my own shots. I figured Microsoft Paint would be easy enough

Latest posts