• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Jussi Situation

Yeah this.

It's illegal here in every state except in certain counties in Nevada and frowned upon for sure.

Male chauvinism is when men think they are superior to women in some or all forms. I don't follow how a man buying sex is showing that he is superior. I've known several sex workers who feel empowered by having control over their own body, how they use it, and being able to go into work for themselves. Feminists should be in favor of legal prostitution and I don't think a country is far along on woman's rights if they still have old and draconic laws on the books for the women and men who want to exchange money for service. To me buying and selling a hamburger is the same as a buying and selling sex - money for service and it's no one's business but the people involved and I have no judgement on either one.

That's your choice to make.

Yeah agreed. All Jussi did was prove he has a working penis and a libido - NEXT

An American corrects a European explaining cultural differences on Women's rights and feminism. Classic. Cognitive dissonance much?
Can't get much more Merican than that. jfc

"Let he who is without sin, throw the first stone."

Jussi owned up to his mistake/issue/problem/conviction publicly.
He didn't soft-sell it or excuse it or minimize it.

If anything, I admire his candor and owning the responsibility.
For me: Nothing to see here. Move along.

OTOH, he is a public figure and the discussion/debate/moralizing is to be expected and endured.

Gross behavior that should be between him and his spouse.

It should be.

However, because many disc golfers feel that this sort of thing is their business - I mean, look at Facebook fer cryin' out loud I am going to bet Jussi felt the need to get out ahead of this story and in a way come clean.

I'm actually kind of surprised that that's illegal in Sweden, I would have thought they'd be more like the Netherlands than the US in that respect.

I think the big difference between this and Nikko's situation is that Nikko's was dg related and a lot of the speculation and debate revolved around the potential suspension.

Like others have already said, this is a family matter. Yeah he's a public figure, but he's doing the right thing and focusing on his family and not DM right now. It also minimizes any damage to DM in the meantime.

Definitely not a good thing for him though. My own take on how his message was worded…and very well could be due to the language difference…there is underlying stuff there in terms of the offense.

Using this instance as a comparison for other potential poor business decisions I think is a bit of a stretch. Sure, it shows some character issues, but I don't think it necessarily means that person cannot be trusted to operate their business.

"Let he who is without sin, throw the first stone."

^^^THIS^^^

To which I will add, "Judge not, lest you also be judged."

I have to wonder how many of those who will condemn him on social media have led perfect lives, never lied, never stolen, never cheated on a spouse/significant other, never stepped on their marker disc and didn't call a foot fault, and so on.

This country amazes me with its condemnation of others. I guess all our houses are mirror-free. :)

Buying sex is a bigger deal here in the Nordic countries compared to the US I think, it's not very common here and it's very much frowned upon. Basically it's an action of a male chauvinist pig and in a part of the world where womens rights is further along than basically anywhere else it's not really something you're coming back from.

Personally I won't be buying or throwing a disc from Discmania as long as he's with the company, simple as that.

Interesting take that may reflect some cultural differences.
I'm all for privacy concerns and not villainizing sex workers, however this is not a case of people being easily offended.

As the CEO of a company, he most likely has a clause against participating in illegal activities (mainly getting caught doing them).

On a secondary note, it calls into questiin his decision making and integrity if he is married with a family.
^ This. If you're a CEO, celeb, or other high profile individual, every misstep you make is subject to public scrutiny, and usually under the magnifying glass that today's media is. You have to be cognizant of that fact, and particularly careful not to give anyone ammo to fire at you. Your mistakes don't fly under the radar like most individuals.

If that scrutiny isn't for you, perhaps that position isn't, either. Fair or not, that just reality.

He's owning up to what he did. My only issue is that it takes away the spotlight from Simon's win. The disc golf world should be talking about Simon's third win this year...but instead, it's all about what Jussi did.

Unbelievable, Simon has his third win in one year when his last win was in 2018 (I think that is when his last win was). Amazing after his arm injury and the distraction of being a father.

Not to mention Eagle and Simon both looking really good heading into World's.

Anybody know when this incident occurred? I've heard sometime in May. Any truth to that?

Latest posts