• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Just curious

Does your ape, boss, dominator, groove, katana, vulcan, teedevil, wahoo, archon, krait, mamba, teerex, beast, monarch, orc, monster, sl, starfire, fl, valkyrie, viking, archangel, dragon, banshee, tl, cheetah, gazelle, viper, whippet, cro, kite, panther, skeeter, spider, cobra, king cobra, coyote, lycan, mako, roc+, shark, stingray, super stingray, wolf, aero, classic roc, dart, hydra, wedge, xd, classic aviar, jk aviar, yeti aviar, birdie, polecat, sonic, condor, and/or zephyr have a vital and potentially permanent place your bag? What specific holes do you throw it on, and how does it compare specifically to the other discs you have tried throwing for that shot? What is it's weight and plastic, when was it made, and what condition is it in? Was one of these discs vital but has been replaced by a different disc?

did you just post your bag? :D j/k

The Dart replaced my JK Aviar

Dragons because they have dragons on them.

I started putting with a birdie then switched to a polecat after a while. I like to think I learned a lot of fundamental truths about putting by using those two discs as starters but somehow I doubt that..

I do keep a monster in my bag. Flattest monster I've ever seen, it took my forehand game to the next level and every once in a while if I'm really having trouble I'll go back to that disc and I'll be able to work out some kinks.

So easiest way to answer this question is my bag. Innova in Red, Glow in Green

Driver:
Star Destroyer 170 - Turn over disc - Flippy
Star Destroyer 175 - Flip to flat
Star Destroyer 175 - Flip to flat in head wind
<Might replace something to add in Glow Champ Destroyer>
Star SD/S Poptop Destroyer 175 - OVERSTABLE! (only carry on windy days)

Fairway Driver:
8x KC Eagle - So beat flips to flat at 70% power - BH Rollers, Flick Rollers (OR Beat CE Eagle)
Beat Pro Leopard 175 - Flip to flat or anny BH
Star TL 172 - Flip up to flat (Working in Glow Leopard)
Champion Glow Eagle-X 175 - Overstable Fairway for Sidearm / BH, 300' forced S-Curves.
Star Firebird 175 - Overstable BH, FH, flick rollers, Thumbers
FLAT Glow Firebird 175 - Super Overstable BH, FH, Thumper Tommy, Flick rollers, Grenade

Mids:
Drone 175 - Overstable BH FH Roller
Glow Z-Buzzz - Overstable Mid
Z-Buzzz SS - Stable Mid
Glow Coyote 180 BEAT - BH Turnover / reliable turn

Putter:
Eze Spike - Turnovers, hyzer flips
Beat Pro Rhyno - Main
Newer overstable Pro Rhyno
X-Link Ridge - Jump Putts, Overstable putts, putts that need to stick or fall in, hillside putting
Glow Zone - Overstable BH and FH goodness.

Course Specific:
R-Pro Hydra - LOVE this disc for water holes. Overstable BH
Blizzard Destroyer - Distance throws in woods.
Blizzard Destroyer - Overstable open throws

Pearly Monsters. There is no better overhand disc.

I used to throw CE and 11x Firebirds as my overstable driver, but the Monster flies nearly identical lines but just a little better in every way. That pearly plastic is super durable and grippy, withstands the abuse of overhand shots much longer than an 11x, and won't cost you an arm and a leg like CE.

I will say this, I used a King Cobra for a few months to compliment my more overstable KC Rocs. Once I got my Roc3's however, I saw no point. Now I have a frankly killer mid-range combo blast in Roc3-Ibex-Tangent.

I have two Kraits bagged, one 159g Blizzard and one 173g Champion Krait. I have a skip ace with my Champ Krait at Widefield...but it was almost 100 percent luck. I was just trying to set up for a decent putt and it skipped into the basket from a no-lie 65 feet. Just ridiculous.

But I may be phasing out my Kraits. For the last 5 or 6 months they have been my go-to driver. I find them to be almost totally neutral. The Blizzard (as Blizzards are wont to do) has more high speed turn than my Champ, but can beat it in distance by about 30 or 40 feet. My Champ is the one I use the most. It has just a little turn and just a little fade. In a tailwind, it will land just slightly left of my release point and in headwind just slightly right. I like it because it is very predictable and fits my hand very well.

It is also a speed which is pretty good for my arm speed/skill level. While I bag Laces, Terns and Destroyers there are times (especially if I am doing multiple rounds in a day) where I can feel the high-speed stuff is starting to get away from me. Either I'm throwing nose-up or I'm just tired and not getting them up to speed. The Krait is at a speed where I can drive with it all day. For Pure D, I'm going Lace. FOr controllable big D, I'm going Tern. For headwinds, Destroyer. But for everyday controllable distance shots, I reach for a Krait.

1978: Since you only have 4 different discs from the list it might have been easier to just post about them. Why are you planning on replacing your tl with a leo?

I really like the reliable soft fade of the cro, and the banshee is my favorite overstable driver.

Just because you are a central Iowan...

Classic Roc has a permanent spot. Why? Feels good in my hand and I have thrown it so much I know what it does. I can finesse it. I do not over think its usage. Literally a grab and throw.
In use mostly as a touch disc for approach / long putt range. By far the disc I trust the most when I want to safely lay up and flop in without worry of it getting away from me. It feeds me pars.

Example: Approach shot on #1 at Colfax and that nasty sloping green that can so easily turn a birdie opportunity into a bogey if you miss and roll a disc.

Classic Roc has a permanent spot. Why? Feels good in my hand and I have thrown it so much I know what it does. I can finesse it. I do not over think its usage. Literally a grab and throw.
In use mostly as a touch disc for approach / long putt range. By far the disc I trust the most when I want to safely lay up and flop in without worry of it getting away from me. It feeds me pars.

Example: Approach shot on #1 at Colfax and that nasty sloping green that can so easily turn a birdie opportunity into a bogey if you miss and roll a disc.

An older gentleman let me throw one once and it flew dead straight and stable, I really liked it.

I'm working on rollers. I have a pumkin face Star Katana that's hard to control, but I've thrown a couple of mind-blowing accidental rollers with it. I'm thinking about working on it as a "nuclear option, all out max D situation" roller.

I threw the Coyote for a good stretch there. It's underrated, IMO. I liked the feel of it infinitely more than the Roc. This new Lycan looks like a Coyote with less turn, which, hmmmmmm....?

Good call...not to mention I really like the classic roc stamp.

Hydra and that is it.

Use them for all of my approaches and putts. Plus risky water shots under 270ft. Great driving putter and would switch them out for KC Pro Aviars if I absolutely had to, but otherwise are in the bag for good.

I'm a lefty and that hill KILLS me.

Yes. The Gazelle. I have these in DX, Star, and KC Pro, and it's one of the most vital discs in my bag. I can put it on a slight turnover line and park it farther than the Teebird, TL, Avenger SS, or Leopard that I've tried in the same slot. The River has given it a serious run for its money, but Gazelles don't fade as hard and are more controllable for someone as weak and horrible at backhand as I am.

Other than that, the only Innova discs I carry are Firebirds, FLs, and Wraiths, and they all pretty much do the same thing for me (with a tad bit more glide on the Wraith). The Stag, if the Stag is what they say it is, will probably drive all three onto the "backup" shelf.

Only throw a katana, mamba, beast. I just bought a 10 piece surprise box of Lat/DD/Westside, so I am thinking the katana and beast will move out for a while. The Mamba does fill a hole, it can be thrown hard on with a hyzerflip and travels down fairway before flipping on an anny line. I cannot get another disc to do this at distance. I have tried an Xpress for this, but it does not seem to go as far as the Mamba can, nor hold the power without burning. Katana, Beast and Archon are all good discs, but they don't do much many other disc cannot, and it is my hope that I will find more glide out of the above plastic from DD. Was that the question?

Latest posts