• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Just got some MVP discs.Thoughts?

StarFirebird

Banned
I went out today and traded in a bunch of older stuff I don't use anymore for some MVP discs. I've been wanting to try out their products more since I went back to my Ions for putting duties. They only had 1 of the Fairway Drivers and 3 of their Midranges so I picked up all 4.

I got a Shock,Axis,Tensor and Tangent.

Shock is pretty much a beefcake driver. I can see it playing my Utility role and Windy days.

Axis throws like a better Buzzz. Never once did it try to flip on me. It just kept going straight with some slow fade at the end.

Tangent is just sweet. I can't really compare it to anything. You can throw it straight with no fade,some fade or big anhyzers that go for a while.

The Tensor I can see being my Utility Mid and for Windy days. I can see some big potential in this midrange.

I plan on getting the Amp and the Volt.I may get an Anode too. Since I have the Tensor do I really need the Vector?

What do you MVP guys think. Am I making a good decision going with this type of plastic? The Gyro thing and how the plastic is, feels great in my hand.

Looking forward to the comments. :thmbup:

I recently tried MVP for the first time too and I've been very impressed. I really enjoyed the Amp, but it overlapped too much with my beloved Underworlds. The Tangent is the neutral mid I've always wanted; I love that thing to death. I took a DGing trip through WV and PA last week and it was my lifeline in all of those densely wooded courses. I'm less sold on the Tensor for me personally, but it's clearly a solid disc too - flies straight surprisingly long before the fade kicks.

How much more HSS did you find the Axis than the Tangent? How much overlap between the two discs?

I like MVP a lot and have nearly all of their molds but I just am so used to my Vibrams that none of them made my bag. I'll still use them for fun, mess around rounds :)

I think MVP makes a really solid product and I like the way they are going about building their reputation and consistency from the bottom up. I think that's the way it should be done. I think you will like them and I wish you luck and much enjoyment out of them :)

Are your discs Neutron, Proton or Eclipse?

They are all Neutron Plastic.

My Ions are the Proton Plastic.

Are the Mids and Drivers a bit different/better in the other plastics?

I recently tried MVP for the first time too and I've been very impressed. I really enjoyed the Amp, but it overlapped too much with my beloved Underworlds. The Tangent is the neutral mid I've always wanted; I love that thing to death. I took a DGing trip through WV and PA last week and it was my lifeline in all of those densely wooded courses. I'm less sold on the Tensor for me personally, but it's clearly a solid disc too - flies straight surprisingly long before the fade kicks.

How much more HSS did you find the Axis than the Tangent? How much overlap between the two discs?

The only time you really seen any overlap between the Axis and Tangent is when you throw the Axis completely flat and the Tangent with a bit of Hyzer. Other than that there is no overlap at all. I love the big anhyzers you get from the Tangent. I feel like I'm throwing my Leopard when using the Tangent lol.

The Tangent is my favorite one so far.

I like MVP a lot and have nearly all of their molds but I just am so used to my Vibrams that none of them made my bag. I'll still use them for fun, mess around rounds :)

I think MVP makes a really solid product and I like the way they are going about building their reputation and consistency from the bottom up. I think that's the way it should be done. I think you will like them and I wish you luck and much enjoyment out of them :)

I threw a Lace and it was a really nice fast driver. It went completely straight for me with minimal fade at the end. I wanted to get one,but it would have kicked my Katana's out of my other bag.

Thanks man. I will really enjoy them a lot. :thmbup:

MVP sucks gyro is over rated. you should just send them to me!!!

if you like the axis and tangent the vector is like the axis with fade and way better in the wind. when the tangent came out my axis went bye bye. tangent vector tensor is a deadly mid line up.

get the volt for your first MVP driver heck one in n and one in p will be a stellar start paired with the amp you will start to see the light even more.

I just started using my Tangent and it became my favorite disc within two rounds. It is just so dependable. I use it anywhere from 100-275 feet.

your plan sounds good. Grab a putter in soft or regular, and the other two drivers. Proton Volts are more OS than Neutron, and I think the Tensor will do everything the Vector would.

MVP sucks gyro is over rated. you should just send them to me!!!

if you like the axis and tangent the vector is like the axis with fade and way better in the wind. when the tangent came out my axis went bye bye. tangent vector tensor is a deadly mid line up.

get the volt for your first MVP driver heck one in n and one in p will be a stellar start paired with the amp you will start to see the light even more.

Dude that sounds awesome,not the part about sending my discs to you,the other part. :D

The volt looks to be killer man. So both plastics you say? Next month can't get here soon enough. lol The Amp is my most anticipated driver they make. I wish the Shop would have had that instead of the Shock,but hey 1 out of 3 aint bad.

Did I mention the Shock is killer at Thumbers? Shocked the crap out of me. Pardon the pun. :p

I just started using my Tangent and it became my favorite disc within two rounds. It is just so dependable. I use it anywhere from 100-275 feet.

So far the Tangent is my favorite mid I have thrown in a while. I mean it's not twitchy like some Neutral midranges are. Throw it flat,Anhyzer or with Hyzer you know what it's gonna do and I like that about it.

My all time favorite is a Comet,but the Tangent is right on it's heels so far.

your plan sounds good. Grab a putter in soft or regular, and the other two drivers. Proton Volts are more OS than Neutron, and I think the Tensor will do everything the Vector would.

My Proton Ions are the Soft mold. Should I get the Neutron as well?

You would think that would be the opposite considering the Proton is a softer type plastic. That is interesting though.

That's good to know about the Tensor and the Vector. I read on the MVP site that the Tensor was the newest of their mids so I got that one instead of the Vector.

^slow down grasshopper!!!

Sorry. lol

It's been a while since I've gotten excited about some plastic.

I had a few moments with Latitude 64,but MVP has taken the cake with their stuff. It just puts a smile on my face when I throw their plastic. :D

if that is the case grab which ever putter of theirs you like and go do a tangent putter round. Such a blast and the tangent can do so much more than expected. Id have to say the tangent is the mostest funest disc i have ever thrown. :p

if that is the case grab which ever putter of theirs you like and go do a tangent putter round. Such a blast and the tangent can do so much more than expected. Id have to say the tangent is the mostest funest disc i have ever thrown. :p

Nice man.

I really like my Ions for putting duties,but I would like to try out the anode as well.

Would the Anode overlap my Pure's in anyway? My Pure's are my main Driving putters and they are the bees knees in that department for me. Softs for Turnovers,Hards for Straight with no fade,Opto Sparkle for slight fade and Opto for lots of fade.

I will do that the next time I'm out there. A Tangent, Ion round sounds like a lot of fun. :thmbup:

^ i think the anode and pure would be overlap city. stick with them if you like em. the anode is sneaky long too and very accurate. ions are great off the tee too. for me i can cover all your pure slots with a soft and hard anode (short turnovers i flick). but i am partial to them. the pure felt weird after getting used to the curved inner rim on the ions and anodes. so it did not stick for me.

^ i think the anode and pure would be overlap city. stick with them if you like em. the anode is sneaky long too and very accurate. ions are great off the tee too. for me i can cover all your pure slots with a soft and hard anode (short turnovers i flick). but i am partial to them. the pure felt weird after getting used to the curved inner rim on the ions and anodes. so it did not stick for me.

Ok cool. I thought the Anodes would overlap,but wasn't sure.

For me the Pure got weird after it got beat in for Putting duties. Works great for drives though.

I'm getting better with flicks,been a backhand thrower for 12 years and have been off and on with forehands and flicks for about 2. I've found something that is helping out and have been practicing at this pitch and putt course 4 minutes down the road.

I really enjoy throwing my Tangent for reasons previously mentioned. Straight and dependable. I don't see where the Volt gets all its love from as I don't find it any better than other discs on the market. Not long enough for my distance driver and the Tangent covers the rest.

Im +/- for MVP

the new proton volt is better than the neutron one, it doesnt turn at all, similar to a teebird and has a tick more LSS fade than the neutron, if you havnt tried it yet, give it a whirl

I really enjoy throwing my Tangent for reasons previously mentioned. Straight and dependable. I don't see where the Volt gets all its love from as I don't find it any better than other discs on the market. Not long enough for my distance driver and the Tangent covers the rest.

Im +/- for MVP

It could be just the Gyro thing on the Volt. I think it's rated to go as far as a Teebird does.

Still though as much as I like the other plastic I'm going to give the Volt a go.

the new proton volt is better than the neutron one, it doesnt turn at all, similar to a teebird and has a tick more LSS fade than the neutron, if you havnt tried it yet, give it a whirl

That's what was mentioned earlier. You wouldn't think it would be more stable in Proton,but hey that's alright with me.

I'm for sure gonna give it a whirl and hopefully it will be a keeper. :thmbup: