• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Kan Jam?

Being from Tonawanda NY HELL YES!!!! The game originally started in Buffalo. Tailgating at a Bills game and Kan Jam go together like beer and pretzels.

Theres a new frisbee game as well called Flimsy. It's two red solo cups upside down on two long skinny sticks. The sticks are placed 1 1/2 frisbees width. If you hit the stick and the cup falls to the ground its 1 point but the team that you are shooting against has a chance to catch it (the cup that got knocked off). If the team catches the cup no point! If the frisbee sails through the sticks without touching 3 points. Play to 11 or win by two.

Last edited:
Theres a new frisbee game as well called Flimsy. It's two red solo cups upside down on two long skinny sticks. The sticks are placed 1 1/2 frisbees width. If you hit the stick and the cup falls to the ground its 1 point but the team that you are shooting against has a chance to catch it (the cup that got knocked off). If the team catches the cup no point! If the frisbee sails through the sticks without touching 3 points. Play to 11 or win by two.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fricket

I rather play disc golf, thank you.

I enjoy all Frisbee games. Kan Jam is something I wished more folks around here played. Last spring Dick's Sporting Goods had an online special. Buy one get 2nd half price Kan Jam. Spend more than $100 get an additional 20% off and free shipping. I was able to get 4 Kan Jam sets for $100.

Although I have never played it, it is somewhat popular down here. They sometimes have Kan Jam events at disc golf tournaments. Disc golf is the only disc sport that I curently play.

Although I have never played it, it is somewhat popular down here. They sometimes have Kan Jam events at disc golf tournaments. Disc golf is the only disc sport that I curently play.

I remember that following any DG event in Minnesota 'back in the day's there would be Guts, Frisbee 500, DDC or just playing some catch. Now people either leave straight after the event or play the course again. I do miss the days of playing Disc Golf and other disc sports.

I hear way to often players are worried that by playing or throwing something other than a golf disc will hurt their form or their game. Throwing other discs or playing other disc games will only enhance your ability and enjoyment.

I remember that following any DG event in Minnesota 'back in the day's there would be Guts, Frisbee 500, DDC or just playing some catch. Now people either leave straight after the event or play the course again. I do miss the days of playing Disc Golf and other disc sports.

I hear way to often players are worried that by playing or throwing something other than a golf disc will hurt their form or their game. Throwing other discs or playing other disc games will only enhance your ability and enjoyment.

I miss those days too. Used to be Guts, Freestyle and even distance were more popular than Disc Golf. Kan Jam just seems kinda gimp to me and I just shook off all of the other disc sports over the years.

zENBOT said:
That's because real players call it Cups and you need a drink in your hand at all times.

I played a round of this game with Zenbot, Apothecary, and DiscgolferDave while camping at Sky High.

Zenbot beaned me in the melon with an ultrastar. It was nearly a kill shot. :|

I played a round of this game with Zenbot, Apothecary, and DiscgolferDave while camping at Sky High.

Zenbot beaned me in the melon with an ultrastar. It was nearly a kill shot. :|

After seeing Zenbots sign:

attachment.php

I think you were one of the lucky few to make it out alive!:p

HAH!

Jukeshoe: <---Has a forehead harder than flimsy frisbee plastic. :D

I'm to cheap to shell out 40 bucks or whatever for cheap plastic

Lol...what do you think you're doing when you play Disc Golf? All plastics for Disc Golf are extremely affordable, that's half the reason folks love the game.

The Kan Jam buckets are super durable, light weight (whole game weighs 6lbs) and way more portable (and less stinky) than using garbage cans. I do feel that the plastic on the disc has changed for the worse a bit over the past few years. Plus the entire game is made in the US of A!

I saw someone else post about living in Tonawanda, Kan Jam was actually invented in NT (North Tonawanda) and that's also where the Kan Jam World Championship is held every year. I've been there twice for the Championship, best finish was sweet 16 out of 100 teams. Lost to team "Pic N Bic" 3 games to 2 after being up 2-1 and leading in game 4, game 5 went to seven overtimes!...doh!

I've run many Kan Jam tourneys in Florida and even at USDGC and BG Ams. I'm considering running a Florida State Championship in 2013 as well.

If anyone is interested, we are doing a special on Kan Jam until the end of the year:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kan-Jam-Off...500?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5d2ef58b84

Last edited:
Kan Jam is F#!*ing awesome!!

Its so awesome that I blew my knee playing Kan Jam. True story.

Back on May 5th I was at a Frisbee/Disc Golf theme wedding (Sarah Stanhope married Aaron Cunningham) and they had Kan Jam set up. It was an outdoor wedding and I was wearing sandles. Sun had set and dew was falling. My partner had not such a great throw. I leaned for it and stepped out to brace for the tip. My leg gave way and I tore my ACL, MCL and Meniscus (sp?).

I got up and finshed the game and defended the title.

Then the following morning visited the ER, had surgery a month later and have been doing physical therapy since July. All thanks to Kan Jam.

I am looking forward to spring when I can start playing Disc Golf and Kan Jam again.

Latest posts