• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Kastaplast Falk

Assuming that the throw is flat and clean, it should have a gentle turn for most of the flight and a gental fade at the end.

If thrown on anhyzer, it needs to be aired out. It will go a long way if given enough height.

Really, just think Valkyrie with better glide.
Don't be surprised if it flys as far as your Destroyer on a hyzer flip line.

I think Streets throws a bit farther than I do, let's see if he agrees with this assessment.

Streets has seen me throw a few...do you agree with the above assessment?

Streets has seen me throw a few...do you agree with the above assessment?

You outdrive me...so I think the Falk would be a solid hyzerflip to turnover driver for you. Maybe not quite insta-roller status. I think you could get some use out of one, especially playing in NC.

I'm pushing 330' with a Teebird, picked up a 171g K1 Falk as my first longer driver (alongside a Star Thunderbird and Pro Valkyrie). Holy moly is this thing flippy.

At 80% power, it flips way over and never comes back, sailing 360' easily (this is even with extreme hyzer release). I'm bagging it for one long-range Left-to-Right hole at an upcoming tournament and little else.

Interestingly, at about 50% power and a bit of hyzer, it flies straight as an arrow for 300'+. Makes me wonder if I can dial in the right speed and release angle to consistently see awesome drives - I'll report back after some more practice.

I own eight different Falks. Almost all of them have become more stable with use. Unlike almost every other mold I have thrown. The most stable now barely turns at all unless I throw it into a headwind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am sure at some point they would go back the other direction....

You are probably right. But as you say, K1 plastic is durable and it will take time. As long as I keep cycling a handful, they will probably survive my ability to make any driver turn...

I own eight different Falks. Almost all of them have become more stable with use. Unlike almost every other mold I have thrown. The most stable now barely turns at all unless I throw it into a headwind.

I have an S line FD that was straight money for a bout a year, and then it became more stable. I had never heard of this until I saw your post, and I'll take that as confirmation that I'm not crazy.

Regarding Falks (which I bought to try to replace the FD), I have two K1's in the low 170's, and they have always been very stable. Not hugely OS, but never flippable. Maybe I bought them at the wrong part of their cycle?

Makes me wonder if I can dial in the right speed and release angle to consistently see awesome drives - I'll report back after some more practice.

After an hour of field work, the Falk is in my bag. Stupidly long for zero effort - a 60% toss with this goes about as far as a full on smash with my new Star Thunderbird. At full strength and a damn-near-vertical hyzer release, the Falk still flips over a bit and sails a looong way, though this seems less reliable. And it's great for anhyzers, though I'm still dialing in the release for that.

This disc's potential has me really excited to practice with it more. And I'm looking forward to this reverse break-in.

After an hour of field work, the Falk is in my bag. Stupidly long for zero effort - a 60% toss with this goes about as far as a full on smash with my new Star Thunderbird. At full strength and a damn-near-vertical hyzer release, the Falk still flips over a bit and sails a looong way, though this seems less reliable. And it's great for anhyzers, though I'm still dialing in the release for that.

This disc's potential has me really excited to practice with it more. And I'm looking forward to this reverse break-in.

Came in here to ask about the hyzerflip abilities of this disc and BAM, here it is! I am looking for sort of a reliably flippy disc, as I use a lot of hyzerflips to accomplish a straight penetrating finish and the D3 I do it with now just requires a lot of arm speed to dance just right.

In your opinion, is the Falk a predictably flippy disk at an arm speed more akin to when the Lots starts making turn than full driver speed? Thanks in advance, I know I'm talking holy grail talk here, but I think the Falk is pretty close to what I'm looking for.

Came in here to ask about the hyzerflip abilities of this disc and BAM, here it is! I am looking for sort of a reliably flippy disc, as I use a lot of hyzerflips to accomplish a straight penetrating finish and the D3 I do it with now just requires a lot of arm speed to dance just right.

In your opinion, is the Falk a predictably flippy disk at an arm speed more akin to when the Lots starts making turn than full driver speed? Thanks in advance, I know I'm talking holy grail talk here, but I think the Falk is pretty close to what I'm looking for.

Nevermind, I did some more reading and it sounds like a win for me in the flippy department.

So, for those who have thrown this and are familiar with the various JLSs, how does it compare. On paper they seem pretty close, with the falk being a bit longer.

I've one coming, and am a huge SJLS fan.

Just received Falk #3 (Glow K1 175g) and was immediately brought back to my first field session with my first Falk (K1 174g).. scratching my head thinking "wtf is this so flippy?!?!" and almost ditching it.

Bullet dodged on that one, so glad it's ITB. It's remarkable how much HSS these gain after a little bit of use. It's sneakily surpassed the Kaxe as my fav Kasta mold (and, come to think of it, so has the Berg - in K3 at least).

Just got out with a falk yesterday. Only played a couple holes for testing purposes. Pretty stiff winds so I didn't think I'd get a great read on it.

I was pleasantly surprised in a crosswind. Right to left and the falk did t really deviate from straight too much. Got an easy 350' out of it, which for me is a pretty good throw. Headwind it was flippy, but not horribly so. Tailwind I hit 375-380' on a rope. Just a touch of hyzer and it caught the air current and just kept going.

I could tell this thing will glide on a calm day. And I get a good feeling about it being a very controllable type of flippy. Reminds me of a fresh hatchet that's less squirrelly. I'm gonna hit 375' flat ground, no wind, with this thing, I can feel it.

Latest posts