• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Keen Nasu

Why did they say no? I've never had a problem with their CS, and I've bought many shoes directly from them.

I did tell them that I've used it for a couple of rounds. I mean, I get that they wouldn't be able to sell it new now, but wouldn't that be the same as just straight returning a shoe?

I think if I just said that I didn't want them at all, they would've taken it back.

I think I'm going to order a pair of Nasu. My question is about size. They say true to size, but for some reason my shoes are all over the place. The only Keen I ever put on my foot was my buddy's DeLas. What size should I order??

Running shoes - 10.5
Skecher casual shoes - 10.5
Dress shoes - 10.5
Merrell Moab ventilator - 11
Buddy's Keen Delaveaga - 11 was Too Small

I just got my Nasu's delivered!! I ended up ordering an 11.5 just hoping that the size was right. The size is perfect!!! They have no idea what they're talking about when they say the size is normal LOL. Hopefully I get to go out an play in them tomorrow!

Weird, looks like the men's Nasu is now off of their website

Update! I've had my pair of Nasu's for just over a year (I play at least 2 rounds per week, usually closer to 4 or 6).

My right shoe (plant foot) is no longer water proof, I believe it is from twisting on the heel... Bit of a bummer, they are just out of warranty period (not sure if it would have been covered anyhow). So I'll try to shoe goo them up and respray with a water-proofing agent.

Aside from that still a great shoe!

Just sent Keen a pic of my torn up Nasu after 11 months of playing once a week. Here's a reply from one of their respresentatives:
I am sorry to see that you are having issues with your shoes. You are more than welcome to fill out the warranty claim again. If you are using them for disc golf that is a rough sport on shoes and may not continue to be covered.

Nevertheless, they honored the warranty and gave me store credit to buy another shoe from their website. This same thing happened to my Delavegas last year.

I'm debating whether to get the Nasus again and learn to pivot correctly. :\

This was an Amazon review for Marshalls:

"Great comfortable shoe. My only complaint is that the shoe can still be slippery when hiking in moist (or wet) areas."

Does anyone share or dispute this complaint?

I will back that up. I slipped in them the first time I wore them. It wasn't even a very slippery surface.

I HATE my Nasu's and slipping is one of the reasons. They are very slick soles for me.

Everyone I know LOVES their Nasu's and Marshalls. The Nasu's do not have the correct support for my feet. They have a very flexible sole. While some folks think that is awesome and comfortable, I prefer something more rigid.

I finally gave away my Kozos from Japan because they hurt my feet no matter what I did. I tried socks, two socks, no socks, with arch inserts, without inserts, with gel soles, etc. They were painful to wear no matter what. And one thing I have learned in 55 years on this Earth: Don't wear shoes that hurt. Don't do it, nothing good ever comes of it.

I love my Targhee II's and my Bryce Keens, both are waterproof. I also loved my DeLaveagas while they lasted. However, I will never buy another pair of Nasu's or Marshalls. Different strokes for different folks. Again, everyone I know LOVES their Nasu's except me.

FYI, I have very wide feet usually wear a men's 9 and choose Keens in Mens 9.5 (with Walk-Fit inserts to prevent Planar Fasciitis flare ups).

I seem to only be tearing the spot on the inside ball of my big toe. Not sure if that's normal. I have an issue with my plant knee collapsing on my throw which I'm sure is causing my knee pain.

I'm thinking of still getting a Nasu and purchasing a more inexpensive shoe to play with until I correct my form.

According to Feldberg, if you're blowing out the sides of your shoes...you're pivoting correctly. 16 minute mark.

I have wide feet myself and slip on my Nasus more than my regular sneakers. Then again, it could be my form and the fact that the shoe fit a little bigger than normal.

I'll have to try the Targhees, like you mentioned. Guess I'll be going to REI today.

I will back that up. I slipped in them the first time I wore them. It wasn't even a very slippery surface.

I HATE my Nasu's and slipping is one of the reasons. They are very slick soles for me.

Everyone I know LOVES their Nasu's and Marshalls. The Nasu's do not have the correct support for my feet. They have a very flexible sole. While some folks think that is awesome and comfortable, I prefer something more rigid.

I finally gave away my Kozos from Japan because they hurt my feet no matter what I did. I tried socks, two socks, no socks, with arch inserts, without inserts, with gel soles, etc. They were painful to wear no matter what. And one thing I have learned in 55 years on this Earth: Don't wear shoes that hurt. Don't do it, nothing good ever comes of it.

I love my Targhee II's and my Bryce Keens, both are waterproof. I also loved my DeLaveagas while they lasted. However, I will never buy another pair of Nasu's or Marshalls. Different strokes for different folks. Again, everyone I know LOVES their Nasu's except me.

FYI, I have very wide feet usually wear a men's 9 and choose Keens in Mens 9.5 (with Walk-Fit inserts to prevent Planar Fasciitis flare ups).

Latest posts