• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Kentucky!

I live on a farm about 25 miles north of Holler in the Hills. Your welcome to camp here if you want. As an added bonus I own 'The Goat Path'. I can make sure that the wooded holes are playable if you want to check it out.

Goat Path is a quality technical course and Goatman is a wonderful host. We played Vettiner, Seviren Lang, and Fun Farm one day; and Freeman, Goatpath, and Holler the second. All of these are recommended, with Fun Farm perhaps being the weakest of the group.

I haven't played everything in Ky but I do know that Charlie Vettiner, Muldraugh, Freeman Lake and Holler in the Hills are really nice. They represent a good variety of types of courses. Of course read thier respective reviews for details and amenities.

I have heard great struff about Idlewild and Lincoln Ridge also Goat Path. The Bowling Green area boasts a buttload of courses. Iroquois Park in Louisville is a solid course, with a lot of work and love put into it by a lot of people who care. It's just that there is a lot of traffic there. It's a busy course. If you want to play a good course and don't mind letting a few parties play though then you may want to check it out. With all of the casual usage, it is kept nice and clean. I play there often, along with Vettiner and Muldraugh.

Has anyone played Freeman Lake lately? If that's still open we may try to hit there.

I would have to point to Iroquois, and Vettiner as well. Tuesday league at Iroquois, and Wednesday league at Vettiner. Nice people up there, and the courses are well taken care of.

Goat Path is a good one as well. Just watch out for the goose in the barn.. At the last tournament there he was honking at people who were trying to putt.

I've decided we need to add an easier course to our list -- while I am a disc junky, my friends are a lot more casual and don't play as much. We will be hitting Holler, Idlewild and Banklick, so a much more novice course to add for the fourth course would be a welcome change for a group that won't want another pro-caliber layout.
So is there anything you would recommend between Cinci and Holler in the Hills(Bowling Green) that's not too far off the highway but offers more wide-open holes, or maybe is shorter/ less technical but still a great, fun course to dink around on?
I'm designing the disc right now, will post works-in-progress pics :D

Armco Park in Ashland KY!!

Since you are planning to come to the great Commonwealth of Kentucky to play disc golf, I would like to recommend playing at Armco Park in Ashland.

There are two great courses there. Armco White is for the more inexperienced players, there are two tees for every hole. White is on the short side, but can be challenging nevertheless because of the hilly terrain and the moderately wooded fairways.

Armco Blue is much more challenging. The holes are much longer and there are two tees for every hole on the blue side as well. It is also moderately hilly and wooded too. Please check out the pix on this site. If you do decide to come here post me a message to tell me when and my buddies and I would love to play with you!! Hope to see you soon.

Sorry Johnny, we're not headed that far east.
The more I think about it, Freeman Lake looks like a good choice. Not TOO demanding, and I have plastic that they can throw in the water if need be. :)
Does anyone know if we'll have to climb the gate behind Target as the reviews say, or is there a gate open we can go through to find the first tee easily?

Vettiner may be a good idea too, just enough open vs challenge....

the gate at freeman will be open

Otter Creek is supposed to reopen mid May - great easy course
Radcliff and Muldraugh are also both great easy courses

Steady Ed designed Otter Creek. I think it was the first course in Ky. Radcliff is a fairly open course with lots of elavation changes. Muldraugh is mostly tight woods. All would be fun.

I will be cutting the "summer layout" of my course this weekend if you decide to stop by while your at Holler. I am only about 25 mintues from there.

Everyone of those is a good option. They're all loads of fun to play too. All shorter in length, lots of elevation, moderate to heavy woods, lots of ace runs. Vettiner may be a bit on the championship caliber side of things if you're looking to make a balance of courses. Goatman is right, Otter Creek is a Steady Ed and the first in KY. It should be reopened fairly soon after two plus years of being closed. Goatman's course, The Goatpath, is also a really fun course with a good mix of everything. Let me know when you're going to playing Holler and I'll try to come up and meet you all. I only live about 40 minutes away from it.

It doesn't look like you will be making it towards West Central, but Madisonville has a great course. From there, you can head up to Atkinson Park in Henderson and more importantly, Mesker Park in Evansville, IN. It's one of the best around.

Latest posts