• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lake Lewisville Park's Old Man course IS the most beautiful course in Merica!

Rodmon

Just how many disc golf courses have as wide variety of fairways:
tight technical wooded fairways,
wide open grass fairways,
sandy beaches with clear flight paths,
FULL Hyzers and hard Anhyzers,
Hyzers over a deep blue Lake,
Gentle Uphill and downhill fairways,
fairways across small valleys and gulleys,

AND Give you a cool blue water scenic view of Lake Lewisville,
from the limestone cliff down to the sandy beach.

Seems like too many disc golf courses are in flood zones,
land that nobody else wanted and has little beauty.

So Come on and throw at the 'Old Man' Tom McCutcheon Disc golf course
at Lake Park in Lewisville, Tx. Just off 35E and Justin Road. Head east,
until you see Sandy Beach Road and turn left, until you find the park.

You'll love The Old Man.

Attachments

• Blue lake LVille & basket #3 Verticle.jpg
    Blue lake LVille & basket #3 Verticle.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 53
link in my sig

it's a very good course. had a redesign a few years back and the new holes are fun but of course i still miss the holes we lost. i don't know that i'd describe it as one of the most beautiful courses i've played but it is nice and does have decent variety. i'm sure every DFW local would put it in the local top 10, but i doubt most would put it in their local top 5. it's usually the best place to play when it's raining (the sandy soil drains really well) but if it's the seasonal flooding that has become all too common here then hole 13 (old hole 17) and the back entrance road can stay underwater for a bit.

My favorite course in the summer because you can swim in the lake when you get hot. When it floods, the course will close for an extended period and then it needs work to reopen due to erosion and dead vegetation (six trees this time) that has to be cleared. It either just reopened or will very soon from the flooding this spring. Holes 1,2,3 and 7 have nice scenery. The rest of the course is OK, but I wouldn't call it beautiful. As mentioned before, great to play right after a rain. Most DFW courses are a slick, muddy mess when wet.

http://dgcour.se/8837

it actually hasn't been that hot here this summer. steady in the mid to high 90's and a little humid, occasionally getting above 100 but we haven't had any extended bouts in the triple digits.

My corporate office is in Dallas (Frisco) and I always try to make it to this course when in town. It's a great little course. Nothing spectacular, but my favorite in the area. I don't recall the day, but I have played the random dubs a couple times. Cool locals. Made the drive to Rockwall to play Harry Myers once and may try to do that to check out the redesign on my next visit.

Seems like too many disc golf courses are in flood zones,
land that nobody else wanted and has little beauty.

This is an extremely popular course in the DFW area. The redesign replaced a few longer holes with some very nice technical holes. The holes next to the lake definitely flood when the lake levels get too high, but luckily the course drains well but the sand erosion can take it's toll on some of the holes.

Great course. Was a local from around 2006 to 2011 when I worked in Lewisville and considered the Old Man a friend. Played the redesign a few years ago. All that said, No, I don't consider it all that beautiful let alone "the most beautiful".

My corporate office is in Dallas (Frisco) and I always try to make it to this course when in town. It's a great little course. Nothing spectacular, but my favorite in the area. I don't recall the day, but I have played the random dubs a couple times. Cool locals. Made the drive to Rockwall to play Harry Myers once and may try to do that to check out the redesign on my next visit.

if you're ever in town on a Monday, the Jaranator is usually open for play. do yourself a favor!

This is an extremely popular course in the DFW area. The redesign replaced a few longer holes with some very nice technical holes. The holes next to the lake definitely flood when the lake levels get too high, but luckily the course drains well but the sand erosion can take it's toll on some of the holes.

yeah, sometimes holes 3 and 7 are a required water carry. the tourney tee for 3 is deep underwater at that point. it's a pretty intimidating shot in those conditions but at least the pin moved a little further from the water's edge now.

meh...don't get me wrong, The Old Man is a great historic course in DFW and a must play when you are in the area, but I would never describe it as the "most beautiful"

Heck, just the walk between holes 13 and 14 at Lake Cachuma, CA blows Lake Lewisville out of the water.

Honestly, the first thing I think of when playing along the lake is loud party barges of drunks while I'm putting. I don't know if the Old Man would make my top five most beautiful I've played. Here's a few, in no particular order, off the top of my head:
Selah Ranch Lakeside
Trey Deuce
Lake Cachuma, CA
Sky High, CA
Mt. Waterman, CA

I remember playing that hole and being like, WTF, where did this beach come from???