• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

large ammo pouch bag for you cheapos

I got my ammo bag this weekend and it's perfect for what I need. It's compact and easy to stuff into a carry on with a half dozen discs and I don't have to deal with crushing the drink holder or anything like that.

Haters take your feedback someplace else.

He means helping the advancement of the sport, if everyone starts carrying around ammo bags that will further distance disc golf from being considered a viable sport, you don't see golfers carrying clubs in fold out chair cases. Just because you can doesn't mean you should. Support disc golf companies.

The fold out chair bag was a good comparison and you almost had me convinced, but when you earn over $1m for winning an event, you can buy an overpriced calloway bag.

Disc golf will never pay, and discers will never earn 1% of what bolf pays. For disc golfers, just grab any bag you have laying around and throw your discs in it. The bag doesn't define you or your game, it's just a bag. Disc golf companies charge way too much to develop bags labelled for the sport. The nutsac is a prime example of a tool pouch being marked up and marketed to disc golfers. Another thread about the spiderwire bag is a prime example of a cheaper and great alternative to DG manufacturers bags.

This is my $1 Goodwill bag. I threw a few dividers in it, but the best part is the attatched cooler!! Holds a 6 pack easily!
DSCF1512.jpg

I WANT this one! I need to do some web surfing and find a cheap, non DG manufactured, bag that has a zip-on attached cooler bag! Putting ice in my Revo (oh did I say Revo, I feel ashamed that I overpaid for a "DG" bag) really gets messy in summer.

Before I had a cheap Lightning bag in my work truck, (not worth the money BTW) I just used one of those reusable grocery bags. $0.98 at any grocery store. I kinda felt like a homeless guy but I got over it.

I just used one of those reusable grocery bags. $0.98 at any grocery store. I kinda felt like a homeless guy but I got over it.

This ^^ is what my dad uses. He's 60 and isn't much for form over function, so it meets his needs and he's a happy camper. I'm going to buy him one of these Ammo bags so he doesn't look so...well...homeless.

This is my $1 Goodwill bag. I threw a few dividers in it, but the best part is the attatched cooler!! Holds a 6 pack easily!
DSCF1512.jpg

It's a California Innovations bag. I looked at their website, but I couldn't find it anywhere. It's Style# 46900-MB if anyone's interested.

Has anyone had a problem not getting their bag from the armynavydeals site? I ask because I live in NY. I ordered the bag on May 1st and assumed being in the same state, I'd probably have it by now. I did some internet research and was a little worried as I found quite a few different sites with people complaining over excessively slow shipping times and some not even receiving their orders. Just curious to see how happy a few others who ordered here were with their customer service.

It took about a week to get mine and I'm in Eastern PA. For an $8 bag, I'm sure they're not killing themselves to get it out the door. I plan on ordering another one for my pops so he doesn't have to use a Wegmans bag and look like a hobo out on the course (and so he can sling it over his shoulder, of course...function over form).

Just got my bag yesterday. I like it a lot and it holds the discs perfectly. The only adjustment I'm gonna make is to remove the small strap that the bag comes with and mount my Fade strap on instead. The strap it came with just seemed too short and I dont really want to feel like a fashion model carrying a purse. :p

Other than that though, seems to me to be very good value for the money. Thanks billnchristy.

Good thread. My buddy uses a flexible lunch cooler that nicely holds about 9 or 10 discs and he's better than probably 75% of the people I know.

He means helping the advancement of the sport, if everyone starts carrying around ammo bags that will further distance disc golf from being considered a viable sport, you don't see golfers carrying clubs in fold out chair cases. Just because you can doesn't mean you should. Support disc golf companies.

For the record - I've found DG to be almost devoid of snobbery like the rubbish you typed above. If you want to check out guys, admire their fancy bags, and prance around the course deducting style points - you need to stick to the ball golf.

For the record - I've found DG to be almost devoid of snobbery like the rubbish you typed above. If you want to check out guys, admire their fancy bags, and prance around the course deducting style points - you need to stick to the ball golf.

Yeah, whatever good things hippies come up with, some d bag corporation always comes along to convince you that you need what they got or you're doing it wrong.
I freaking love the ammo bag idea.

Seconded.

i'm simply trying to offer support for the companies that help sponser the tournaments and events that make this sport what it is. if you want to continue carrying around the ammo pouches so be it but i would at some point like to see disc golf coverage on television, or articles about players in the news and or magazines, i'm not saying it won't happen if a few people carry around ammo pouches but it will happen more quickly if the companies that build disc golf equipment are given more support and are able to sponsor more events and players.

i like how disc golf is now. The big companies shouldn't take over this sport. I really like that ammo bag. Good find

i like how disc golf is now. The big companies shouldn't take over this sport. I really like that ammo bag. Good find

furthermore by purchasing an ammo bag your supporting a much larger more corrupt company than revolution, gorilla boy, or voodoo etc. will ever become, and that company that your supporting isn't helping with tournament sponsorship or offering support to touring professionals.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

As soon as I saw your new bag BNC i was like - MANPURSE! MANBAG!! Look tuff and still carry your stuff! Are the straps adjustable?? Ha ha!
............im jealous............
actually anyone think they can help me with a bag and sew in a holster?

Latest posts