• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lat 64 Pro bag vs. Voodoo Mojo

joshuajames

Double Eagle Member
So I'm going to pull the trigger on one of these this week.

Would love to hear your thoughts/reviews on either bag.

I carry between 17-20 discs typically. (Many of which are Lat 64)

Also I have a set of Phenix Quads to go with the bag.

Thanks for your time and input.

Lat bag for me! Got one for Christmas and really love it. Had plenty of comments from other players. Huge amount of storage space and tons of room for your plastic!

I think from a quality perspective, the Voodoo will win out. Better materials overall. I've heard a few complaints about the zippers on the Lat64 bag.. Not sure if they have addressed it or not on the newer ones.

I own the black Lat64 bag and love it. It has the tons of storage for both discs and other items. I can put a sweatshirt or jacket into it and it does not affect the discs. I have had no issues with the zippers on my bag and have had for over a year now. I have been looking at the various Voodoo bags and they look solid as well. I think you cant go wrong with either one.

I have the big Lat64 bag, and used it for about 3 months, and ended up going back to my Innova tour bag because it the Lat64 bag was so huge. It was just to much for me.

i think you might be thinking about the Karma, not the Mojo. For the disc capacity you listed, the Karma fits the needs (Mojo only holds 10-15 vs Karma's 18-21). I was torn between the Karma and Lat64 bag also, but decided to go with the Karma and haven't regretted it yet. I carry between 16-19 discs and I have plenty of room left over in the pockets for anything I could possibly need. Quality is top notch (mine still looks brand new; using it regularly since September). Can't find enough good things to say about Voodoo so far.

Never got my hands on a Lat64 bag, so I can't speak ill of it.

I just sat down to lunch and the website I usually go to first was down, so I went here and saw your thread. After shopping for more than a month I finally made a decision and went wth the Lat 64. Just got it Friday and have been busy since then so I haven't taken it out yet – plus it's been freezing anyway! It seems to be what I wanted. I've filled it with 18 (only one Lat 64 – Striker) and plan to stay at that number but there's plenty of room for more. I had hoped I'd be able to stick a hoodie in one of the pockets but they turned out to be smaller than I envisioned, but really haven't tried yet. Search for my thread, "Help me find a bag" and you can read the input I got. Some mentioned the Mojo. I was worried about how the putter pocket was gonna work but now that I have it I really like it. Putters come in and out easy as does the mini. I bought dividers and have made them work, but they really didn't fit as well as I'd hoped. Most don't care about that anyway. Good luck.

Hyzer Bomb's Atomic bag is comparable to both. Perhaps you should check them out too? They are brand new and will be released late this month/early next to the first preorders.

I think this debate really comes down to price. Lat bag only cost me $75 shipped...really can't beat that!

You should compare the Karma and Pro bag, not the Mojo. I've had both and for quality of material. The Voodoo smokes the Lat bag. In the design area I like the Lat bag. Too bad it's made from a thin gauge nylon and the zippers are also of a small gauge. The Voodoo bags are made of Cordura and also have another layer stiched around the bottom.
The Lat bag is cheaper, but that's because they use cheaper materials. As they say "you get what you paid for"
If you do buy the lat bag. You should get the Innova "U" channel soft frame ($9.00 at discgolfvalues). It fits perfectly into the bag and keep your discs from rubbing on the bottom of the bag.

Enjoy your new bag! Which ever it may be.

You should compare the Karma and Pro bag, not the Mojo. I've had both and for quality of material. The Voodoo smokes the Lat bag. In the design area I like the Lat bag. Too bad it's made from a thin gauge nylon and the zippers are also of a small gauge. The Voodoo bags are made of Cordura and also have another layer stiched around the bottom.
The Lat bag is cheaper, but that's because they use cheaper materials. As they say "you get what you paid for"
If you do buy the lat bag. You should get the Innova "U" channel soft frame ($9.00 at discgolfvalues). It fits perfectly into the bag and keep your discs from rubbing on the bottom of the bag.

Enjoy your new bag! Which ever it may be.

Didn't know about the U channel, if you don't use it does the bottom of the bag damage the discs?

Didn't know about the U channel, if you don't use it does the bottom of the bag damage the discs?
Over time, with dirt and the rough edges of discs you'll get some wear on the bottom of the bag. It is also a better "holding" system than the one that comes with the bag. It's very light weight so there is no obvious weight gain and it keeps the bag rigid.

Also be sure to look at drink holders. For me at least being able to carry 2 gatorade/nalgene bottles during the summer is a big selling point. From the looks of it the Lat bag might only hold water bottle sized containers.

Lat bag for me! Got one for Christmas and really love it. Had plenty of comments from other players. Huge amount of storage space and tons of room for your plastic!

this^ . and its such a great price. I personally havent had a problem with any of the zippers or stitching etc. Great Bag!

Also be sure to look at drink holders. For me at least being able to carry 2 gatorade/nalgene bottles during the summer is a big selling point. From the looks of it the Lat bag might only hold water bottle sized containers.

It will hold one large nalgen for sure...then there is the insulated front pocket that will hold 2 bottled water size drinks, plus keep them cold:)

will hold nalgene but only one bottle holder Brotha.. Btw do you live in hickory now?

the water bottle issue is a big deal for me. i like my lat bag for cooler days like now, since it can carry all my extra layers when i shed them or carry them in case i need them. in the summer though i will be breaking out the carolina with two drink holders.

the water bottle issue is a big deal for me. i like my lat bag for cooler days like now, since it can carry all my extra layers when i shed them or carry them in case i need them. in the summer though i will be breaking out the carolina with two drink holders.
I used the outside pocket that was next to the main bottle holder. It would hold a 20oz bottle no problem.

Latest posts