• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Latitude 64 Backpack ?

After having a Lat64 Pro bag for a year I told my wife I was thinking of getting a new bag called a Grip bag and it was a little more expensive. Her eyes got big and she said, "You are not really thinking of spending $100 on a disc golf bag?"

I said, "Oh, that's so cute".

"What so cute?"

That you think it only costs $100 dollars.

She has yet to wrap her head around the idea of how much a disc golf backpack can cost.

So,yeah, I'm still rocking my Lat Pro bag.

After having a Lat64 Pro bag for a year I told my wife I was thinking of getting a new bag called a Grip bag and it was a little more expensive. Her eyes got big and she said, "You are not really thinking of spending $100 on a disc golf bag?"

I said, "Oh, that's so cute".

"What so cute?"

That you think it only costs $100 dollars.

She has yet to wrap her head around the idea of how much a disc golf backpack can cost.

So,yeah, I'm still rocking my Lat Pro bag.

if it has a lifetime warrenty you can use that as a selling point to her....

otherwise yeah its a lot of money for a cute carrying case for all your frisbees

saw some homie at blue ribbon pines the other day using a diaper bag for his discs so at least your not that guy eh?

Can anyone give me the height, width, and length of the Latitude 64 Luxury bag? Has anyone flown with it as a second carry on?

To follow up on this question which was never answered. Has anyone flown with this bag as a second carry on? Its tough to gauge cause they don't provide max dimensions for a personal item.

I have never flown with mine as a second (or first) carry on. Size limit depends on the carrier, but the 11 inch depth of the bag may be a problem as some carriers limit the depth to 9 inches. I wouldn't want to shove mine into an overhead bin....the side supports of the bag may be damaged.

now that this bag has been out in the wild for a while anyone care to offer an updated opinion? Pros/Cons? I'm seriously thinking of getting this bag, but also thinking of waiting to see if anything new pops up. This will be my first backpack style bag and have this one edging out the Ranger at the moment

now that this bag has been out in the wild for a while anyone care to offer an updated opinion? Pros/Cons? I'm seriously thinking of getting this bag, but also thinking of waiting to see if anything new pops up. This will be my first backpack style bag and have this one edging out the Ranger at the moment

I've been using mine as my main bag for a few weeks now. The only issue I have with it so far is that it doesn't have a chest strap. So it does feel like it's pulling on my shoulders a bit more than I would like. But that's a very minor complaint. All-in-all, it's holding up great.

I have never given even a moment's though to going back to my Grip.

I've been using mine as my main bag for a few weeks now. The only issue I have with it so far is that it doesn't have a chest strap. So it does feel like it's pulling on my shoulders a bit more than I would like. But that's a very minor complaint. All-in-all, it's holding up great.

I have never given even a moment's though to going back to my Grip.

What do you prefer about it over the grip? Also, how does it compare as weight wise?

What do you prefer about it over the grip? Also, how does it compare as weight wise?

They're actually very similar, so it's just a couple little things that set it apart.

1. I really like the cell phone pocket on top. It makes it very easy to use my phone for scoring.
2. It has a higher capacity which makes it easier to carry backups or discs that I just want to test out.
3. I prefer the Lat bag's accessory pockets over the Grip's. I find that I can carry and access my stuff more easily.

I've had mine about a month now.

Build - Solid. Reinforced sides, top and bottom. Material and stitching appear to be durable.

Fit/Feel - Excellent weight distribution...very comfortable. Padding is in the right places. Straps are very comfortable. I agree with bradharris that a chest strap would be a nice addition, and I may rig one up...but this isn't a show stopper since we're not going on forty mile hikes with it.

Aesthetics - Has a professional "golf bag" look to it. The white-on-black color scheme is right up my alley....but not too sure how long the white will stay white.

Disc Accessibility - I like the side putter pocket. Two fit well here, but I haven't used it with anything in the pocket behind it. The main compartment is fine...18 to 20 fit well...and no problem with access to discs. The fold-in flap is nice for holding frequently used discs other than putters. I put my main driver and a beat dx roc in mine. Only down side with this flap is if you are carrying water in top compartment, the weight will press discs stored here against those in main compartment.

Other Storage - Top storage area is large, but I would like to have a larger opening other than just the zipper. As the design stands now, you have to get around by feel when trying to find something. A flap, in my opinion, would have been better. Top side pockets are good, but could have been a little thicker. My fat hands are a tight fit. Bottom left pocket (umbrella side), front and right side (putter side) pockets seem to be adequate, but I think a bellows design on all pockets would be an improvement.

Water bottle holder is small in diameter. In fact, this is the weakest part of the design of the bag. While you can always hold more water in the top storage area, I would rather have one on each side. My immediate fix for this is a 45 oz square hydration system (two for summer tourneys in Texas and Louisiana) that will fit in the top pocket.

Haven't used the umbrella holder yet, but it seems to be a good idea.

No loops or rings for towels or bag tags.

Overall, I like it a lot....but there is some room for improvement.

Nice review! Thanks for the input. I'm thinking on going from grip to one of these. My hope is better storage. I need around 25-30 disc capacity for multiples. Can I achieve this in a Lat bag?

Nice review! Thanks for the input. I'm thinking on going from grip to one of these. My hope is better storage. I need around 25-30 disc capacity for multiples. Can I achieve this in a Lat bag?

i dont think it will hold that many discs
you will probably need to go prodiscus or helix for more discs than the grip

i dont think it will hold that many discs
you will probably need to go prodiscus or helix for more discs than the grip

It definitely holds more than the Grip.You can get 25 in there easy.

If your multiples are the kinds of discs you can put in a zip pocket and leave there until you lose its mate, you can squeeze 25-30 in there.

I just put 19 discs (including 3 putters) into the main compartment of mine and it is stuffed tight, but the divider is still in. If I took that out, it probably would be manageable enough getting discs in and out. I have two more in the putter pocket.

Then between the zipper pocket behind the putters and the upper zip compartment, there's room to stash another 6-8 at least (2-3 behind the putters, 4-5 in the upper compartment). Those would have to be the ones that don't come out unless you lose something and it would be moved to the main compartment for further use. The top compartment in particular isn't too conducive to reaching in for a specific disc since the opening kinda resembles a coin slot even when fully unzipped.

So by my count, that's 27-29. Still four reasonably sized pockets left empty. They're not big enough for discs, but good enough for towels, wallet, etc. It's loaded, perhaps not optimally, but it could do the job.

It's actually pretty tall, so a narrow but tall water bottle will sit pretty securely in there.

A couple other notes that I just thought about:

The center divider's position is fixed. It's held in by two vertical velco strips in the middle of the main compartment. So you don't have flexibility to, for instance, use it as a bookend if you don't have enough discs to fill the main compartment.

As for capacity, I got 16 discs in the main compartment (2 putters, 4 mids, 10 drivers). an additional 4 putters on the side (2 in the putter pocket, 2 in the side pocket), 2 drivers in the cover above the main compartment, and 2 mids in the top pocket for a grand total of 24 fitting comfortably. I don't see any way I could fit another 6 discs in for the advertised max capacity of 30.

It definitely holds more than the Grip.You can get 25 in there easy.

well, i dont have one, so i can only go by what i have read from others

I don't own one but sounds like a Helix would better suit your needs. A friend will have one in a week or so, I'll update my suggestion then.

well, i dont have one, so i can only go by what i have read from others

I currently have 25 in mine including two in the top pocket. I could easily get two more in there and could probably squeeze a few more into the main compartment if I traded out a few mids for drivers.

Awesome. I feel like with the double putter pocket and the pocket behind them, that will move my short game arsenal out of the main compartment. For me this will leave a ton of room in the main for mids and drivers.