• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64 Saint

the saint is smooth if you will. gentle on the turn and the fade is also not too abrupt. the viking likes to move quick. the turn is earlier and the fade is sooner. i think the viking does better at straight lower shots. I remember the viking was supposed to be a longer teebird by design not just semantics. Also with the glide of the saint it should be easier to throw it farther, but will get touchy. the viking eats power and will only turn a little more and fade later if ripped on.

I agree with almost all of the above*. The main thing I've found is that the Saint is WAAAAY touchier in the wind. If that thing is in the air and someone in a three county radius is blowing out birthday candles, the disc is going to turn and never fade back.

Other than that? Love it. Still have a big soft spot for my Vikings, though.

*Hee hee, you said longer teebird

I thought I had enough Saints, but then I saw the new stamp they put on this Recycled line one;

-4369250599481474815_1.jpg

^lol that is why i followed it with semantics. and yes the saint loathes the wind for sure.

Yeah the Saint sucks in the wind. I was worried for a few days that the PD's and Teebirds of my bag would have a competitor...but absolutely no way if the wind is above 2mph.

Latitude waaay overadvertises its discs' stability in general IMO. If you were to consider "notches" in stability (using Innova as reference - an Archangel being Notch 0 and the most overstable meathook Firebird possible being a notch 10 for fairway drivers) Latitude's discs are 1.5-2 notches more understable than advertised on average.

I read to about page 28 before I gave up and skipped to the end haha, how does the saint perform for you guys with bigger arms? Do you find it more in the control driver slot or your turnover/anny type disc? What weights/plastic do you prefer? For reference when referring "bigger arms" high speed drivers 400-450 golf lines and max D 450+.

^not a big arm here but id say sidewinder territory.

my question is, is there ANY reason for me to get a saint if I can already get my star sidewinder out to about 325ft in a dead straight line?

Sidewinder is touchy in the wind, but not excessively for me. How do these two discs compare in the wind? Which is better/worse?

Feldbeard in his interview after placing 2nd in worlds this year: "I started using my Recycled Saint for soft bends and straight shots. It honestly had an in the circle percentage of about 90 percent." He said it was one of his main discs. Seems like the love for the saint has finally extended to at least one pro out there.

I recently started throwing an Air Saint, and it won't be leaving the bag anytime soon. It instantly became my longest disc I can throw for accuracy.

Latitude waaay overadvertises its discs' stability in general IMO. If you were to consider "notches" in stability (using Innova as reference - an Archangel being Notch 0 and the most overstable meathook Firebird possible being a notch 10 for fairway drivers) Latitude's discs are 1.5-2 notches more understable than advertised on average.
I have a GL Saint and even though it says "overstable control driver" on it I say it's more on the stable side as I was trying to get it to S curve and it would not come back from an anhyzer. I am not sure where this disc fits into my game right now. Maybe I'll try an Opto and see how its stability compares.

They also rate them at least a speed faster for drivers when compared to the Innova scale.

Saint, Fury, and Striker are all 1.9cm, Firebird, FL, Sidewinder, Valkyrie, Viking are all 1.9cm.

All listed as speed 9 by their manufacturer?

Even at higher speeds, Krait and Archon are listed by Innova as speed 11, with 2.3cm wings. Flow and Riot are speed 11 with 2.2cm wing.

Saint, Fury, and Striker are all 1.9cm, Firebird, FL, Sidewinder, Valkyrie, Viking are all 1.9cm.

All listed as speed 9 by their manufacturer?

Even at higher speeds, Krait and Archon are listed by Innova as speed 11, with 2.3cm wings. Flow and Riot are speed 11 with 2.2cm wing.

Vb4g4.gif

My Opto Saint is actually pretty overstable but the fade doesn't kick in for a while. I throw it flat with maybe a tiny bit of hyzer but mostly straight and it'll got out about 275 feet and then turn left and go another 150 feet or so. I use it on hole #17 at Reedy Creed and park it consistently.

Wait a minute someone side like a Sidewinder?

I can't really say much as I've only had about 10 throws with an Opto and a Gold Line,but as they stand now they will never be like a Sidewinder. More like a TL once worn in.

I'll have to also disagree about the wind part. There is this one hole at Warriors that is kind of funky. It's straight and it's 400ft,but there is a kicker.the Right side of this holes angles to the right so If you throw it wrong the disc will travel down that right side and it won't be good.

The wind was howling. I say maybe 10mph the other day. Since the rim of this disc looks like it could handle wind I decided to throw it. The wind was a crosswind,coming at me like a headwind but not directly. I step up and throw the disc on this 400ft hole. It sails beautifully through the air. You could tell the wind was having an effect on it,but it did not once try to turn over. I threw both the Opto and the Gold Line and they fought that wind like a champ.

I threw a 171 GL Saint for the first time today, with winds around 10-25 MPH. It handled the headwind pretty well, a wee bit of turn but it fought out of it very quickly. In the tailwind, it flew nicely and didn't have a huge fade.

For anyone who cares, I would compare the Saint to a TL/Trak type of disc. Kinda like a flippy teebird. Tons of glide, of course.

I max out around 300', and throw Leopards/Teebirds/Traks, so I thought that the Saint would be a little fast for me. But it really wasn't, flew very nicely. Could see it fitting perfectly between a beefy Teebird and a flippy Leopard. Will have to put it head to head against the Trak.

my question is, is there ANY reason for me to get a saint if I can already get my star sidewinder out to about 325ft in a dead straight line?

Sidewinder is touchy in the wind, but not excessively for me. How do these two discs compare in the wind? Which is better/worse?

The Saint might appeal to you in terms of getting more effortless distance thanks to the glide advantage. Once broken in, the Saint might actually be easier to flip than a SW. The Saint kind of reminds me of a fresh Valk more than a SW though.

Possible Overlap with a PD?

They other day I was throwing my Saints and PD's side by side. The Saints and PD's were both going around 380ft and traveling similar lines,similar fade.

My Gold Line is starting to break in just a wee bit and it is starting to feel like it is going to overlap with my P-PD which is Straight with a little bit of fade. Almost like a Faster TL.

My Opto is still beefy even though I have hit 4 trees with the thing. I feel it is overlapping with my S-PD and unless I throw my C-PD Flat it is overlapping the C-PD.

I know I just recently put my PD's back in the bag,but man is it possible the Saint's are gonna kick them out?

At the moment I feel that I don't need the PD's in the bag anymore. The Saint goes further and flies better at the moment.

What do you guys think? Am I crazy to think this is possible?

Latest posts