• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64 Saint

I keep seeing people say that the Saint replaced their Teebirds. I guess I can see how they have a similar flight, but to me the Saint is a little faster and longer. It seems like the two would co-exist nicely in a bag, with the Saint essentially acting like a longer Teebird.

I think this is especially true when you consider DX Teebirds. I love my Saints, but I can't imagine not having at least one DX Teebird. I use them for more finesse shots, or to check for OAT in my throw. Maybe I just need lighter Saints?

Teebird has more HSS. IMO it is a better headwind driver. But Saints can glide really well.

Saint is definitely longer than TB. TB is better in the wind though. I use TBs under 300' and Saints over 300'.

It really is going to come down to to each his/her own on whether a TeeBird and Saint can play together. However, I think in general you are going to find that most people discovered too much overlap to really carry both with a lot of success. More often than not they likely had second thoughts on those shots that fit into that overlap, ultimately destroying their confidence in either or both discs if the shot did not work out.

If thrown the same the Saint and TeeBird will seem like completely different discs. However, with just a minor change in hyzer angle and body position on the tee box you will find that the Saint and TeeBird have almost identical end result lines. Visually you will see that the TeeBird flies flatter whereas the Saint might have the slightest hyzerflip to fly flat at the end. But again, their results are so similar that you will see a lot of overlap. Maybe a light GL Saint combined with a heavy Champ Glow TeeBird might create enough separation.

At the end of the day I found that my Saints flew incredibly similar to my fairly fresh Pro TeeBirds. Since I am sitting on a stockpile of TeeBirds, it was more economical to move on without the Saints. However, and I can save any details for the Market Place, if I could unload about 14 TeeBirds I would have no problem reinvesting in the Saint and making that the mainstay.

I can say my 168 saint has replaced my Max weight 178 river. Its the same flight with less effort, and is easier to keep the nose down. I still carry my teebird on courses I know I'll need to overhand.

I keep seeing people say that the Saint replaced their Teebirds. I guess I can see how they have a similar flight, but to me the Saint is a little faster and longer. It seems like the two would co-exist nicely in a bag, with the Saint essentially acting like a longer Teebird.

Exactly what I'm doing right now, since I mostly have beefy Teebirds (CFR metal flake ones and Totems). My Opto Saint handles a bit of breeze with ease, 10mph or so, but not much more.

I played a tourney today in 25mph wind and I threw two shots my Saints over 42 holes, both were poor choices. They got just thrown left before they could flip. I dunno if they're good for tailwinds either, I'll be grabbing a River every time.

My GL Saint is nothing like a teebird. It is 169 and is flippy and acts understable. It is a little flexible between ESP & FLX. Is mine different?

My GL Saint is nothing like a teebird. It is 169 and is flippy and acts understable. It is a little flexible between ESP & FLX. Is mine different?

That is the thing with these Swedish discs, they were designed more so with the Swedish style of throwing, or at least when Jaspar Lundmark had a hand in designing. Their style is glide over power. Just when you start applying all the various methods of generating power amongst all those around the world all at different skill levels, I think you are going to see a wider variation of flight paths than you would out of discs that are more dependent on power than glide (ala most of Innova's lineup).

What I have seen out of Saints compared to you or anyone else on this board is going to vary far more than if we were going to compare TeeBirds. So, when I have been saying that there is much overlap between TeeBirds and Saints, it is obviously from my point of view and how I throw discs. And before I start sounding too contracting from what I said in earlier posts, as you can see there is a lot of first-hand reports from others backing me up. And yet there are enough on here with their experiences who would agree that you do not have weird discs and that they do not see the comparison between the Teebird and Saint.

This thread is going to be nothing more than one half arguing that the Saint is TeeBird-like and the other half saying that it is not even close. Again, with the Saint, as well as with most Latitude discs, because of our varying abilities, strength, power, technique, and definition of what stability is, you are not going to know what you have until you throw it.

I agree with the Saint - Teebird comparison.

In field testing my Star Teebird and GL Saint were within 10-15 feet of each other.

The Saint is still new and has a bit more fade than my seasoned Teebird but the Teebird handles the wind better.

Still doing some testing as to which one is going to stay in the bag but i dont think it will be both.

Chris540

i am pairing saints with champ teebirds and have no issues there. The teebird is way more hss and lss is close too. The teebird does better in the wind and on lower lines. I can see a broken in chapm/star or dx having more overlap, but they can co exist very well.

Seems like every time I get a teebird to straighten out, I lose it. My GL Saint covers that - and they are a bit different to be sure, but I can throw the same lines is the point - out of the box.

So now I have GL Saint, Opto Saint, metal flake TB, totem TB (which is just killer in strong headwinds).

Just got my Saint 2 weeks ago. It is a workhorse. Long and straight and will hold the line you release it on. It will hold an anny or finish left when hyzered. I have a gold line that i picked up from Huk Lab. Longer than some drivers.

I've been pairing my two Opto Saints (175g and 170g) with two champion Wraiths in the same weights. If there's a tailwind or it's relatively calm, I use the Saints (lighter weight if it needs to turn, heavier if it needs to go straighter). When there's a headwind or harder crosswinds, I use the wraiths. The combo has been working very well for me. In fact, I just won my first tourney (Am2, doubles) throwing the Saints for pretty much every drive!

Latest posts