• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Latitude 64: The new Innova? (Westside/Kastaplast issues)

Sad about Kastaplast. Luckily I have enough Bergs to last a lifetime.

I don't like trilogy plastic so now I'm hesitant to try new Kasta molds moving forward. Shame:(

Sounds like Kasta is still supposed to be their own blends, but I will believe it when I see it...

Also Discmania is moving their evo line to in house production as well, though they are maintaining a partnership with Lat64, and their factory is across the street. Jussi has commented that Lat64 is helping Discmania with their production

Over the past 2 years, Kastaplast has been one of the most readily available companies, at least to our store. Far more (3X-10X) than Discraft, Lat64, Westside, and Discmania. I order hundreds per month, every month. I just got another order in that is waiting to be opened. I haven't had an issue getting stock whatsoever. Here, Falks sell third fastest behind the Berg and Lots, and we still have 8 or so of them left from this past order. I don't think there's ever been a 2 month stretch where I couldn't order any specific mold. As for "what Kastaplast they have is it for a while....they haven't been able to order any more", I haven't heard of this issue anywhere. Doesn't mean it's not happening, but, like I said, I just ordered and received more.

Also, here's to hoping they don't change their plastic blends.

Over the past 2 years, Kastaplast has been one of the most readily available companies, at least to our store. Far more (3X-10X) than Discraft, Lat64, Westside, and Discmania. I order hundreds per month, every month. I just got another order in that is waiting to be opened. I haven't had an issue getting stock whatsoever. Here, Falks sell third fastest behind the Berg and Lots, and we still have 8 or so of them left from this past order. I don't think there's ever been a 2 month stretch where I couldn't order any specific mold. As for "what Kastaplast they have is it for a while....they haven't been able to order any more", I haven't heard of this issue anywhere. Doesn't mean it's not happening, but, like I said, I just ordered and received more.

Also, here's to hoping they don't change their plastic blends.

For a while they were not taking any new wholesale accounts. That probably helped quite a bit.

For a while they were not taking any new wholesale accounts. That probably helped quite a bit.

and that could be the issue with my local store....I do know when they started carrying Kastaplast (late last year) they told me that Kastaplast has a 'tier' system. Discs are available based on how long the retailer has been selling Kastaplast and how much they order....so as a new Kastaplast seller, they were lower on the list.

It seems more like that might be the issue...especially since people have posted links to sites that are selling Kastaplast (although some of them only have a few discs). My search hadn't turned up that many....so I'm thankful for the links people supplied.

If Kastaplast is still making their own discs....why did they need to partner with L64? Especially since L64 is making their own discs and other brand's discs.

Economies of scale would be my guess.

I just don't get it though....which is why I posted my question/thoughts. If Kastaplast can't keep up with the demand, why don't they expand their own plant? And if they decided they needed a partner, why L64? L64 is making discs for a bunch of companies now....so where will Kastaplast fit into that?

Maybe L64 owns a certain plastic blend that Kastaplast wants to use for discs? Kastaplast has their K1 and K3 lines....they used to have K2, but don't carry/make it any more....maybe that is what L64 will be producing?

I just don't see what L64 is "bringing to the table" for Kastaplast and I'm in the 'wait and see' mode to see what the future holds for Kastaplast. Meanwhile, I know where I can get replacement discs now.

I just don't get it though....which is why I posted my question/thoughts. If Kastaplast can't keep up with the demand, why don't they expand their own plant? And if they decided they needed a partner, why L64? L64 is making discs for a bunch of companies now....so where will Kastaplast fit into that?

Maybe L64 owns a certain plastic blend that Kastaplast wants to use for discs? Kastaplast has their K1 and K3 lines....they used to have K2, but don't carry/make it any more....maybe that is what L64 will be producing?

I just don't see what L64 is "bringing to the table" for Kastaplast and I'm in the 'wait and see' mode to see what the future holds for Kastaplast. Meanwhile, I know where I can get replacement discs now.

I mean no offense, but if you don't know about the switch from K2 to K1 Soft, then you don't know enough to worry about Kastaplast.

Ignoring that, I still think you're overreacting. You ask "Why Lat 64?" The answer should be obvious to anyone who knows that they're both located in the same country.

Kasta wants to blow up. They need increased production right now. Why not Lat 64?

The only K2 I had was more like a cheap promo frisbee at a trade show than K1 Soft is today. Was there more than one version of K2?

The only K2 I had was more like a cheap promo frisbee at a trade show than K1 Soft is today. Was there more than one version of K2?

Nope. It's the same formula. Why they did it still isn't entirely clear since they went ahead and split K3.

I thought (like many) that "K2" might sound "less premium" than "K1."

Or, that a new blend would come in…

Latest posts