• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Learn to throw Anhyser or get an understable disc?

You already have understable discs. The amount of turn you get at the end of your shot is all about snap. You have to get a lot of rotation on the disc to up the speed and get that turn. Work on tightening your grip and upping your snap through your follow through. That is all.

To answer the OP: BOTH. Although I'm sure someone's already said it, while they can often be used in similar circumstances, they are different things at their core, and are not necessirly interchangeable in all situations, and can even be combined in some cases.

I have some fast discs. Because of user error they were not doing what they were supposed to. I have been playing for several months now.

I ended up taking my buzzz'z and putters and spent time in the field and only played with them on the courses.
Because of that, I learned 'how to spin' the disc. Something I was lacking. It is amazing how different the discs fly when you throw it 'properly'.

I really recommend you take the advice these folks are handing out.....it will pay dividends.

Go play with putters.

When learning your technique, pay attention to how your hand is positioned at the end of your release (backhanders). If your palm is face up, you'll get better results. If your palm is face down, your disc will fade.

When learning your technique, pay attention to how your hand is positioned at the end of your release (backhanders). If your palm is face up, you'll get better results. If your palm is face down, your disc will fade.

What you're talking about is wrist roll. While it's true that you can manipulate the flight of the disc by rolling your palm up or down, that imparts what is generally referred to as off-axis torque (OAT). That can be useful, but it's also a bit of a crutch that sacrifices distance and control in the long run if you don't learn how to also throw without it.