• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Leave the trees alone!!

Are you sure that the tree wasn't sick or damaged in some way that taking ti down was the idea of prak management as opposed to other golfers?

The tree was possibly 6 inches in diameter, and very healthy. If the school's maint. department had done it, they would have used a chainsaw. Not an axe, or hatchet. It was a hack job.

The tree in question was one that really forced you to play around it. once the tree had grown, it would have been a really cool hole. But now, thanks to the hillbilly jerkoff with an axe, there is just a poorly hacked nub.

I have a big problem with the hillbilly reference. Some in my own family are hillbillies, and proud of it. Why the hate?

As for the reason for your post... the harder the course, the better I like it. Each player plays the same course. I'd rather par a very challenging course than have 10 under par on a pitch and putt.

Leave the courses alone. Want to score well? Play in the winter.

As for the reason for your post... the harder the course, the better I like it. Each player plays the same course. I'd rather par a very challenging course than have 10 under par on a pitch and putt.

They did it on the hardest hole on the course. Its still the hardest hole on the course even without that tree there.

Hole 6 at Basil. Nasty wind that day! The tree fell away from the fairway!:thmbup:

Its bad enough when they had that issue with those hooligans cutting down trees there last year, now they're just falling down by themselves.

Effers ripped out the signs they posted about how its a $500 fine if you get caught cutting down trees there. The riff-raff in Greece sucks.

Its bad enough when they had that issue with those hooligans cutting down trees there last year, now they're just falling down by themselves.

Effers ripped out the signs they posted about how its a $500 fine if you get caught cutting down trees there. The riff-raff in Greece sucks.

this sucks to hear, basil is my favorite course in the roc.
any trees that have been cut that really changed any of the holes? i haven't been there in 2 years...

this sucks to hear, basil is my favorite course in the roc.
any trees that have been cut that really changed any of the holes? i haven't been there in 2 years...

Club went through and did a series of cuts after this happened under extremely careful supervision. They did this to take out the dead trees to make the course safer so that you don't hear too many stories like Chiefstang told.

To be honest, the course is in the best shape that I've ever seen it in, the club is doing a great job getting everything in store for the worlds. A couple days ago they also went through and put in brand new baskets!

So all I got from your thread was that you don't like people that drink while they play disc golf.

Check out hole #16 at HAH. This tree fell down and we left it. The Root structure is amazing. Too cool to remove so we built the hole around it! You throw over the middle of it from the Blue Tee and the White Tee requires you hyzer downhill around it.

Attachments

• Hole16_01_LongTee.jpg
    Hole16_01_LongTee.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 18
  • Hole16_02_ShortTee.jpg
    Hole16_02_ShortTee.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 17
  • Hole16_LongTeeFairway.jpg
    Hole16_LongTeeFairway.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 18
Mando

Not exactly the same as chopping down the tree but i did catch some guys trying to rip down a mando sign at the local course here just cause they didn't feel they should have to follow it. Funny cause its an easy 3 even if i follow the mando.

Around here only the BDGA (members/specifically the officers) and Parks and Rec are the only people authorized to make any modifications to the courses. This includes cutting down trees. We are actually in agreement with the city on this so that anyone else who gets caught will get slapped with vandalism ( if caught).
Of course it's still next to impossible to keep it from happening and it's gonna happen. We are just happy to have the cities backing on this.

That being said we just had to do some major tweaking at Veterans Park and one of the "New" holes , #5, has alot of little trees just waiting to get broken down. One of our club members was complaining to me about leaving them and that they are just going to get broken. My response was "That's why I left them in so that if someones going to "rage break" a tree, it'll be one of those.

I've also come to the realization that some people see me out cutting out honeysuckle or removing trees, thinking I'm some random person and don't realize that I'm actually authorized by the city. They then think that its ok for them to remove whatever they want. Sad thing is they see me more than the actual maintenance dept that's supposed to be doing that work.

Latest posts