• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] Legacy Discs 5th Release "The Ghost"

I bought a bunch at release thinking i would sell a few of them off, but i like them so much they are all going into backup storage instead. I don't see many people selling these, lots of people looking for them on FB, but not many selling.. what does that tell you? :cool:

Considering now they are widely available at reasonable prices, they are better throwers.

Lol at the scumbags trying to get 35-40 for super early ones.

It wasn't hard to get mine. They are releasing them in small waves at all of the vendors.

Yea i just saw Marin Disc sports sell 2 blue and 2 white on their website, sold out as soon as i was able to load the page after i saw the announcement.

For some reason no one wants the yellow ones though

Good more for me.

Yellow is an ugly color imo, and in fall the yellow leaves don't help in finding them, plus they were all lighter weight so meh.

I love that i can really crank on these and they don't turn over. I just lost my beat gravity ghost the other day though and im trying to beat one of these protege ghosts in to replace it but its going to take a ton of max power rips into trees to beat these into flippy.. these are going to be fun to cycle. :wall:

Can anyone compare to 12x KC Pro Rocs?

Living in TX... I always put a premium on how well stuff can hold up into headwinds, seems like these hold up a little better in wind than the Rocs I throw.

im seeing people say that they are more beefy than 10x and 11x rocs.. but i personally dont have one to compare

the Legacy Collectors page on FB would be a good place to ask that

They are really beefy. Never thrown a 10 or 11x Roc but these new Ghosts can handle some serious wind.

Yeah I threw my yellow 173 into a headwind all afternoon and never turned it over.

oh wow.. so stoked to hear this!! Dont me wrong i love my pinnacle ghosties .. i usually bag second runs for my beefier ghost slot but it sounds like this could potentially take its place! Im a BIG fan of throwing more baseline type mids so these with my few excel ghosties could cover errrthing!

I finally gave in and nabbed two Pink 178g
Just when I thought the Vector was my go-to Roc replacement Legacy releases the Protege to rave reviews.

Well at least midrange battles are fun to have ;)

Love the feel. Very similar to the recent "matte yellow" kc rocs but not as stiff. Kinda slick fresh but I can imagine a few rounds will fix that. Very happy.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1434393165157.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1434393165157.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 60
Out of my picture, I took the one with the white/blue stamp out with my current excel ghost (also fairly fresh). This is just as OS as I was hoping it would be. It was a long wait but they finally got them out. This definitely has me committed to throwing the Ghost for the long haul.

Mine are all 173-175 range weights. They are OS enough for me. Could see where a heavier one would be more OS but these slightly lighter ones are just fine.

How does these proteges flex out of an anny on a 300ft shot? Love me sum kc rocs and I like the recent reeeaaallly stiff and nicely overstable run. Those have disappeared from the stores so I was thinking about testing prot. ghosts.

How does these proteges flex out of an anny on a 300ft shot? Love me sum kc rocs and I like the recent reeeaaallly stiff and nicely overstable run. Those have disappeared from the stores so I was thinking about testing prot. ghosts.

At 300ft they will flex out significantly. Its stability will not disappoint.

Out of my picture, I took the one with the white/blue stamp out with my current excel ghost (also fairly fresh). This is just as OS as I was hoping it would be. It was a long wait but they finally got them out. This definitely has me committed to throwing the Ghost for the long haul.

Mine are all 173-175 range weights. They are OS enough for me. Could see where a heavier one would be more OS but these slightly lighter ones are just fine.

i cant f'ing wait to chuck them around tonight, thanks so much homie!! :hfive:

I don't feel like either of mine are nearly as overstable as everyone keeps saying. I haven't thrown Rocs in a long time, but I remember a fresh 11X being much more overstable than these Protege Ghosts. Mine have a nice straight flight with a smooth fade. They hold a hyzer line well, even into a headwind. But they don't really have much of a strong fade, and they just barely fight out of an anny at 300ish distance.

My experience so far has been that every ghost I've thrown has been a pretty straight flyer.

Latest posts