• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] Legacy's 6th release the RIVAL, its coming

My Legends have a little more dome than my Pinnacles and Icons; my sparkle has a slight dome to it - about the same as the Legend.

thanks. the sparkles have like barely any dome (imo) to them so thats good. how is the plastic itself? is it like the run of special ghosts that Lion was selling some time ago(the green ones)?

thanks. the sparkles have like barely any dome (imo) to them so thats good. how is the plastic itself? is it like the run of special ghosts that Lion was selling some time ago(the green ones)?

The metallic Ghosts he was selling around XMas? Yes. You could say that the Legend plastic is, well, Legendary. My Rival is like a 11x Teebird in one of the best runs of swirly pearly Gold Line.

I have seen pics of lime green Legend plastic, but I have yet to hold one. My L Rival and Ghost are both the darker "metallic" color. FWIW, my L Ghost has a dome somewhere between an Icon and Pinnacle.

I'm new to the legacy scene. Never followed them or got drew into the hype, but starting to check them out. What's this Legend plastic you speak of? I've never heard of nor seen it.

Where are you guys getting the legend rivals?! I neeed one to pair with my beat up icon and pinnacle and I'm not talking about the sparkle worlds stamped ones..

Legend plastic reminds me of the texture bowling balls have. It (and sparkle plastic) are done for special runs. Here's the top view and then a view that shows off the flare well.

4uus.jpg

ixpn.jpg

I pity those that covet the 11x Birds now ;)
These rivals are so legit. My sparkle gold rival is so $.

I wanted so bad to like the FR Rival I picked up a while back, because they are so freakin pretty and cheap compared to 11x. The plastic is some of the best feeling I've come across, right up there with the taffy plastic Innova used to put out. But I just didn't like it near as much as my 11x. The rim has a pretty sharp edge to it, and seems deeper than a TB. The 11x CALs just feel so good in my hand, nothing else comes close. And the Rival I had didn't have near the HSS that a TB has. It had a very angular turn and would fade back pretty hard. It seemed like it lost it's HSS before it's LSS. Maybe it was the weight, it was a 168g purple one. I could see where the heavier ones would fly better...

Legacy has some of the nicest plastic in the game IMO. :clap:

My Excel Rival came in yesterday... haven't had a chance to throw it yet.
mmmmm...dat feel.

782537e8157011e3ab3b22000a9f14cb_7_zpseb0d4823.jpg

this baby is super gummy. i take back everything i ever said about the rival. i may never find another one like it again, but this is sooooo money. straighter for much longer than the first pinnacle i bought.

it's super gummy and flexible; amaaaaaazing. much different flight than my other one.

IMG_20130905_201243_882_zps4c7edcd3.jpg

and when the light hits it . . . you can see it's actually a super cool green color.

IMG_20130905_201135_131_zps3eb20380.jpg

i felt guilty throwing it . . . until i threw it.

Any ETA on the legend lines? I wanna put hands on one but don't want the discgolfblackmarket ones.

so, out of curiosity.

this gummy green FR i've got flies straight with a little turn, a little fade but mostly laser straight. great flier, it's 169g. super gummy/tacky and flexible.

the first rival i bought was slick, a pale yellow, and rock hard. this thing was beefy for me at 174g. straight with fade no matter what, and into the wind the same results.

which one is a better representation of the average rival in pinnacle? the FR that i have, is it more similar to icon?

Last edited:
for me
pinnacle have no turn, laser straight for 80% of flight then slight fade
icon have a lil bit of turn and a lil less fade then above, but nearly identical

is your green FR Icon or Pinnacle? sounds like you have an Icon not pinnacle.
nvrmnd just saw earlier post. sounds like you got yourself a random one. i would suggest getting Icons if you want a similar flight.

Why not the disc golf black market ones?

Dude. I love that store. Love it.

Nothing but amazing customer service for me.

4 emails and 2 facebook messages, have yet to hear back. screw that place. they lost a great customer already, i buy alot of plastic. plus prices are so high.

Out of everybody's experience, what's the beefiest rival out there? I have a upper 160s softer pinnacle rival and a upper 160s first run icon that I was field throwing forehand today and was getting in the 360-380 range pretty consistently. Discs were turning over a bit and still fading back a little right of target. What's funny was that I was getting more distance throwing the patriot forehand, it'd stay flipped over just a bit longer and was maximizing its distance line.

My first run icon seemed to have a bit more fade at the end, is that normal?

yeeeeeeeeeeah buddy.

this rival is cash money. straight, straight, straaaaaaight. now that i'm getting more confidence in my tunnel shots, i can really rip on this instead of hyzerflipping the patriot. thing is just a laser.

as far as beefier rivals, i had a snot yellow 175g that was super firm and didn't go nearly as far or as straight as my FR 169g. it wanted to start fading FAST.

these are both pinnacles.

Out of everybody's experience, what's the beefiest rival out there? I have a upper 160s softer pinnacle rival and a upper 160s first run icon that I was field throwing forehand today and was getting in the 360-380 range pretty consistently. Discs were turning over a bit and still fading back a little right of target. What's funny was that I was getting more distance throwing the patriot forehand, it'd stay flipped over just a bit longer and was maximizing its distance line.

My first run icon seemed to have a bit more fade at the end, is that normal?

Good sparkle has been my beefiest for sure. It "rivals" the 11x CAL Teebirds perfectly IMO. Such a sick disc.
The icon rival has been my favorite fairway since it's release though. Straight with fade, reliable in all conditions. Such a glorious disc.