• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

LIke a Stalker but further???

climbingbubba

Birdie Member
I love my stalkers for low tight lines. I love how straight and low you can throw them. Im just looking something that can still be thrown low but for a little more distance.

I have an Opto River but it seems to like a little more air under it and to be a little higher. The course i play has 5-6 holes where you have to keep it under 12 feet off the ground for 300ish feet.

So what would you guys suggest for straight low shots? I like discs in the 165-168 range. I throw 250-275 with the stalker and 275-325 with the river but consider myself a noodle arm still.

Here is what im considering so far

Innova teebird DX
Innova TL
Discmania P-PD (let it beat in)
Lat 64 Striker Gold Line

any other options for low, long, control shots that has similar flight to a stalker? I have good access to Innova and discmania and some discraft

Tracker........pretty sure the new runs are straight although I only use a special older run that was very overstable when brand new.

mine is already a 169, would going down to 165 really get me more distance or would it start to get flippy? right now my 169 goes dead straight with very little fade at the end.

I got a 172 esp black stalker when I signed up for the PDGA. I can't throw, the disc is to flippy for me. Leopard makes a nice alternative.

mine is already a 169, would going down to 165 really get me more distance or would it start to get flippy? right now my 169 goes dead straight with very little fade at the end.

You'd be surprised. Flippy depends on you. You throw it clean enough, nothing is really flippy*

I'd go this route before I'd try learning a new mold altogether. But if you do go that route, try something a tick faster.

*unless it's been beat to death.

Gl striker could work. keep it light below 170 if possible.

Or a star TL or Sidewinder. I would stay above 170 with either.

Orc is the closest disc out there for me. Wraith's could be too depending on how domey the one you pick is.

I've only thrown one 3 times but a Nuke might qualify as a distance driver version of the Stalker.

i put a vote in for a z crush - weight i recommend 172 - 174ish,
any lighter or heavier, changes characteristics of flight to me,

but in that range, i think the z crush is the "proclaimed t-bird flight" for me , but longer
everyone has their opinion, thats mine

i throw "honest" distance bout the same as you stated, low and smooth (golf d lines)
the crush does have a wider rim - its money feeling to me, but i cant speak for your hand size/grip... anyways, give it a shot,

cant hurt right?

good luck with the search

Try an AvengerSS. One guy that I play with consistently runs that thing 10' off the ground for crazy distances ..

I have thrown my Stalker super far and low and straight. Not always, but sometimes it accidentally happens. Great disc - don't give up on it. Just throw it better. :p

I'm going to recommend a Talon. This may just be my talon, or may just be that I've learned to throw it with a LOT of snap...but if you want those fast low lines...a Talon is money. Or at least mine is.

I rarely need that line when a Stalker won't do it for me...so I don't carry the talon.

\/\/

So what would you guys suggest for straight low shots? I like discs in the 165-168 range. I throw 250-275 with the stalker and 275-325 with the river but consider myself a noodle arm still.

I'd suggest you continue to use the same stalker and improve your form. Or even improve your form with a buzzz until you can push that out to 300. You are not maxing the potential of the stalker and shouldn't just use a faster/longer disc to try and fix your problem.