• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Local League Rude Behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok scenario....a middle-aged soccer mon is driving through the park to pick up her kids from practice....while driving through the park she sees a large group of grown men burnin' one down....she calls the park or complains to the park ranger....does that mean she's a concerned citizen or someone like dstearns as you guys put it??

What is she so concerned about? Were they harassing her,threatening her,or in any way bothering her?
If not,then I'd say she is like the better thans.

No my name is not reading comprehension, thanks though. This post you made sure is valid, I'll bet everyone knows what your point is after reading it.

You probably ate lunch today. You probably are a human. You probably like emo music. You probably cry when you're alone.

Cries like a boss!

well a lot of people just see it as deviant illegal behavior...i don't care at all it doesn't effect me one bit unless it gets a course pulled...

ok scenario....a middle-aged soccer mon is driving through the park to pick up her kids from practice....while driving through the park she sees a large group of grown men burnin' one down....she calls the park or complains to the park ranger....does that mean she's a concerned citizen or someone like dstearns as you guys put it??

Yes, she's a dstearns. First off, she doesn't even know what they are smoking. Secondly, they don't play soccer on disc golf courses so why should she care? Thirdly, she's wasting the park ranger's time because you know he's not going to try and hide out with binoculars to try and catch someone smoking pot, then hold him down till the cops get there to give him his $50 ticket.

Let's be real, if dstearns really cared about his image he wouldn't be rocking a seahawks logo.

Last edited:
Yes, she's a dstearns. First off, she doesn't even know what they are smoking. Secondly, they don't play soccer on disc golf courses so why should she care? Thirdly, she's wasting the park ranger's time because you know he's not going to try and hide out with binoculars to try and catch someone smoking pot, then hold him down till the cops get there to give him his $50 ticket.

ok first off.....if the course is in a park district... there just might be a soccer field in the vicinity....2ndly....our local park ranger is a cop....so he won;t be waiting for anybody....and some local law dogs will go as far as they legally can to bust these guys out.....wtf are we arguing here??? i play disc golf...you play disc golf.....I LIKE YOU!!

/END THREAD....

What is she so concerned about? Were they harassing her,threatening her,or in any way bothering her?
If not,then I'd say she is like the better thans.

Now I see where the blind came from. :doh:

Who cares what her motivation is, she doesn't need to justify her reaction to seeing something "illegal" happening in the park, she is free to report what she wants whether we like it or not. Maybe she is an uptight troll, but she still has access to a phone and the ability to call whomever she chooses.

By being so public with the disregard for the park and local laws, people are basically inviting this type of scrutiny on people in the park. Be they vagrants, bums, disc golfers or whomever. We dont get to control who drives by the park, who makes the phone call to the park/police, or who demands the course be shut down.

What we have control over is ourselves and our own actions. If you want to fire one up, maybe a little bit of discretion would go a long way. By publicly flaunting in the face of some uptight passerby, you are practically begging for them to stick their nose where it should not be. That is the point most of us are trying to get across here.

Do whatever you want, drink what you want, and smoke how much you want. Just dont be so openly public with it that it attracts the type of folks who like to intervene. I dont see why this is such a hard concept to grasp for some. :confused:

Seriously.....

Why-Are-You-Still-Talking.jpg

Haven't we exausted this thread? She has her ideas..., even got an appology. Drop it already FFS. LOL:wall:

Do whatever you want, drink what you want, and smoke how much you want. Just dont be so openly public with it that it attracts the type of folks who like to intervene. I dont see why this is such a hard concept to grasp for some. :confused:

I was just going to post something along these lines. Now I don't have to. Thanks! :thmbup:

Ricky, you and I are on the same page(kinda). I don't condone smoking out in the open in public,I don't think it's right to drink on the course and throw the empties in any random spot,same w/ cig butts. I think the smokers generally try to be discreet,this is why the places they smoke are off in the cut, usually the farthest spot from other park activities, they're not flaunting it,they are being respectful of others,and keeping it to themselves.

I just don't think if someone spots something they don't agree w/ they should turn and call the authorities, this just causes more problems for everyone,not just the offenders.

Last edited:
Feel free to call the cops on any stoners you want, if they are doing it in plain view of you they are aware of the consequences. Chances are they either aren't worried about getting caught, they don't care if they get a puny little fine for smoking(in many states, I realize some states still have very ancient prohibition laws which were created at the same time alcohol prohibition was but never repealed when alcohol prohibition ended), or they just don't believe that a lazy cop is going to drive all the way down there and walk that far to try to catch them before they can get rid of the evidence. If a cop actually did go through all that effort it would be a waste of taxpayer money since they would be paying more for the administration involved with the arrest and processing then they would actually receive back from the fine.

If you do call the cops though, expect karma to pay you back when your neighbor reports you for putting your mailbox 1ft too close to the sidewalk or another similar scenario.

Last edited:
Ricky, you and I are on the same page(kinda). I don't condone smoking out in the open in public,I don't think it's right to drink on the course and throw the empties in any random spot,same w/ cig butts. I think the smokers generally try to be discreet,this is why the places they smoke are off in the cut, usually the farthest spot from other park activities, they're not flaunting it,they are being respectful of others,and keeping it to themselves.

I just don't think if someone spots something they don't agree w/ they should turn and call the authorities, this just causes more problems for everyone,not just the offenders.

:thmbup: Progress yes!! We are on the same page now, as I agree with your above post. If it is just a DG course and you are out away from most of the general public, by all means fire up. I dont have an issue at all, and sometimes even partake myself when I know I am out of sight.

I was more or less commenting on the OP's post, being a park/course creates a different issue. As the OP described, a group of people (probably a small minority) were being rude, aggressive, smoking and drinking in front of a family in the park. I cant condone that, and it appears you do not either. I try to avoid the extremes (never smoke/smoke whenever I want) and simply assess the situation. Course in middle of nowhere, cool have it. Course in the middle of a city Park, um maybe we should burn before/after round.

I also dont think people should butt in and call the cops, but unfortunately they do. And your right, it does cause problems for everyone, which is why I simply condone discretion. Situational awareness. If we are discreet, we dont give them a reason to butt in. That is the only point I am trying to make. Thanks for the reply and discussion, kudos. :clap:

I don't believe we were ever on a different page,I've never condoned people doing things in front of others. But I will defend responsible smokers,and I'm always going to say that we don't have an image problem,we have bad seeds(like any sport),and too many people who can't stay out of grown folks business.

Hey guys! I'm back. Just had lunch at Burger King. It was pretty good. Thanks to blind pilot, and Tmart for working the register and fryer. You guys are really working you're way up in the world.

So tell me again about how weed and cell phones are the same. Oh yeah, and that state you live in where weed is legal.

What is wrong w/ fastfood workers,oh wait it's stearn,he's better than them. Really, this is all you do you come on here and try and belittle people.Does this make you feel better about yourself?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts